Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 44 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
R
OP Offline
R
This was a friend's FB status:

Quote:
"The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. "

I have to change that to read...We love ourselves, in spite of ourselves.

B
B
Yay Donna!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
R
OP Offline
R
The same friend on FB posted this today - it is much better!

Quote:
“The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.”

M
M
OMG! That one is perfect! Print it and live by it.

Love you Donna!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

G
G
"I took a look at my GAL activities, they were all pretty safe."
Hmmm....
Weekend is almost upon us. What'cha going to do to keep up that PMA, honey?
love, Goldey
p.s. I don't know if you remember the wee-hours phone call last December, but it really made a difference. Just thought you should know.

R
OP Offline
R
OK, Women's spirituality in the AM (Advent). I will finally get into my bedroom to clean and organize! smile Yes, I know this sounds like a party, but I never get to do it since the rest of the house is on catch-up.
I think I am going to catch a movie on my own (if no one else decides to take me up on a few offers I have out). Finish decorating and shopping.
Oh, and a home-spa night - bubble bath, book, etc.

Yeah, all safe, I know! But it is a hard time of year, and I need to just focus in for a little longer.

Goldey - it is in the outskirts of my memory bank - lots of stuff didn't stick over the last 3 years, some PTSD probably. I am glad that I was able to help a bit. Must have been some good stuff, if it lasted this long, right? smile

R
OP Offline
R
Spoke with x on the phone for a few minutes today about the kids. S14 got his progress report, and he is still getting nailed for not getting all assignments in and studying for tests. X wants to come down really hard, "give him a swift kick in the a$$" to shape him up. He is going to write to the ROTC commander again and see if we can get some inside help.

He started to say that he would email me things about XMas "since you never let me know what the kids wanted." Again, the kids talk to him DAILY. I just said ok, whatever...
Asked if he wanted to have breakfast with them next Saturday - my day, but his birthday. He said yes, I should know he will always take whatever I offer - but will I drive both ways so he doesn't have to go out on his birthday?
A$$. I just said I should be able to pick up, but have to look at getting them to him. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth... I think he realized how stupid he sounded when he got some dead air. I was SO tempted to just start laughing and say, you ARE kidding, right?

B
B
Quote:
He started to say that he would email me things about XMas "since you never let me know what the kids wanted." Again, the kids talk to him DAILY. I just said ok, whatever...

The first year my X called so we could "coordinate Christmas gifts." I told him what I wanted to get them and he ran out and bought it from him (and OW) the next day. Since then I have told the kids to make different lists for us!
Quote:
Asked if he wanted to have breakfast with them next Saturday - my day, but his birthday. He said yes, I should know he will always take whatever I offer - but will I drive both ways so he doesn't have to go out on his birthday?
A$$. I just said I should be able to pick up, but have to look at getting them to him. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth... I think he realized how stupid he sounded when he got some dead air. I was SO tempted to just start laughing and say, you ARE kidding, right?

Wow! I think I would have laughed!!!!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
K
K
Donna, I was really surprised what shaped up my S14...a girlfriend. He enjoys going to school now and has her in 4 classes so he gets to work with her on projects. Now you ask what did he lose when told a lie that caused some problems? A weekend without going to her house. smile

Right now he only has one C, because the teacher doesn't reset the grade but carries it throughout the year. Everything else is A's and B's. I hope you find what motivates your son.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
R
OP Offline
R
Ugh! WHY is Tiger Woods everywhere?!
With all of these stories of infidelity, I wonder what WAS' and ex's think....

Hey, I found The Thing - Kurt Russell just napalmed a crab-head! This is better!!!!

Page 40 of 44 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard