Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 56 of 101 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 100 101
P
P
Originally Posted By: cutterbug
Be the rock for your family. If your really worried on how to act around your wife. Tell her that you are there for her in her time of need. Leave it at that and take care of your kids.

Yep -- I agree.

I'm sorry about your kids' grandmother, BTM.

Puppy

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Originally Posted By: cutterbug
Be the rock for your family. If your really worried on how to act around your wife. Tell her that you are there for her in her time of need. Leave it at that and take care of your kids.

Yep -- I agree.

I'm sorry about your kids' grandmother, BTM.

Puppy

Actually, the kids great grandmother and my WAW's grandmother.

I spoke with WAW today and told her that if she doesn't want to spend the night alone in her apartment, she can come back home for a night or two. I hope that's not a bad thing from a dbing point of view.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

D
D
I think you should have let her in on the stark reality of not having you around at a time like this, there are going to be other times in life that she is going to need you, this is one of them. Sounds harsh, but you have to realize that this has been her decision.

Burt

Sorry for your loss, but I would definitely let her come to you, treat her as a friend by asking if there is anything that you could do for her and let her decide how much she needs you.

Be there for your kids, and yes Prozac helps wink

Burt

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: dburt
I think you should have let her in on the stark reality of not having you around at a time like this, there are going to be other times in life that she is going to need you, this is one of them. Sounds harsh, but you have to realize that this has been her decision.

Burt

Sorry for your loss, but I would definitely let her come to you, treat her as a friend by asking if there is anything that you could do for her and let her decide how much she needs you.

Burt

This would be a great time to "teach" her what life will be like without me, but I just can't do that to someone I care about. I know it's her choice, but the thought of her getting a call at 1:00am and then being alone until this morning, is just plain sad. I made the offer to have her spend the night(s) at our house and if she chooses to accept, she does. I suppose it's important that it not seem even remotely like I am using this an opportunity to earn brownie points.

As for the Prozac, I am feeling almost normal the last few days and I think it's likely due to it. I am concerned about becoming reliant on it, and getting off it, but that is an issue to deal with later.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

P
P
Originally Posted By: BeTheMan

Burt

Burt

This would be a great time to "teach" her what life will be like without me, but I just can't do that to someone I care about. I know it's her choice, but the thought of her getting a call at 1:00am and then being alone until this morning, is just plain sad.

Yes, it is, but it would be the path SHE is choosing.

You lost a very valuable opportunity to learn NOT to rescue her from one of the consequences of running away from her family. And for her to feel that, and own it.

Don't worry -- there will be others. But you're going to have to think long and hard about trying to do the "Mr. Nice Guy"/rescuing thing, because that's a fundamental philosophical point, and it's important.

Puppy

D
D
You taught her that you will always be there no matter how far aways she is from you. Pretty comforting for her don't you think?

Burt

B
OP Offline
B
WAW just called and is going to stay at her apartment tonight. Probably a good thing that she didn't accept the offer to spend the night at "home".

Puppy - It's tough to undo 21 years of being a husband, but you are right - I need to stop rescuing. I could/should have just said "if you need anything, let me know".

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

B
OP Offline
B
You taught her that you will always be there no matter how far aways she is from you. Pretty comforting for her don't you think?

Burt

Yep. Point made.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

S
S
Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:
I doubt I will hear from her until she is here on Sunday. No real plans as to how to handle that day.

I am sure you will have to clean after the party on Sat nite. Wake McQueen up off the sofa and get him to help pick up bottles. laugh

I see McQueen being more passed out in the bathtub, no?? laugh

NICE.

C
C
Originally Posted By: Steve McQueen
Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:
I doubt I will hear from her until she is here on Sunday. No real plans as to how to handle that day.

I am sure you will have to clean after the party on Sat nite. Wake McQueen up off the sofa and get him to help pick up bottles. laugh

I see McQueen being more passed out in the bathtub, no?? laugh

NICE.

Just put some pants on before you come out though, OK?
laugh

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
Page 56 of 101 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard