Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#1885975 12/03/09 04:23 PM
U
Upside Offline OP
OP Offline
U
It's been a long time since I have posted. I don't have much time to myself these days as I am still spending a large amount of my time taking my father to his therapies (he suffered a stroke in July). Anyway, I thought I would post an update on my sitch for some possible encouragement to those out there wondering if any of them really do come back…

My H is planning on moving back in with me as of the end of the month. He told me and our C that he is 80% sure that he wants to come back and he gave his 30 day notice for his apartment yesterday.

Next February will be the 3 year mark since he left. It has been a long road with lots of twists and turns including him filing for divorce...and I am sure there are still more twists and turns to come. My H's pending return is not due to the long overdue epiphany I was so sure he was going to have...it is because I drew the line. I told him he had until the end of the year or I was done. I understand that giving ultimatums is usually not the way to go with someone having a MLC, however, I was (and still am) at the point of not really caring which way this relationship goes. I just know that I have been in limbo far too long and I have to move forward either with or without my H. I am sure it helps that my sitch is probably less complex than many on this board…there has been no known OW and my H never went too long without trying to make some connection with me. As I have become more emotionally disconnected from my H, it has become clearer to me that he does not want to lose me.

If this would have happened 2 years ago, maybe even a year ago, I would have been ecstatic…now, I am unsure. I have become comfortable living on my own (with my kids). I don’t need my H or any other man in my life to make me happy. Why do I feel that I need more than this? I enjoy my H’s company most of the time but I am perfectly okay when he leaves. When he moves back, it will not be like it was when we first were married with all the anticipation and newness of everything. When he moves back, we will have to readjust to being a couple again and tolerate each other’s little quirks. Plus, I am quite sure he is still not entirely finished with his MLC. He is still quite self-absorbed much of the time.

Wish me luck.

G
G
((((Upside))))

Good to hear form you!

I hope your Dad is doing well or at least as well as he can be.

As far as your H moving back, I do wish you luck. Mostly I wish you happiness.

You have done so well for so long and it's still a long road ahead of you.

Take care and thanks for the update!

HUGS

J
J
Up,

: )

I think you're going to be fine. The fact that you are wary is, I think a great thing for you.

Welcome to the wonderful world of pie(r)cing.

It sucks.

It is wonderful.

The sex can be great.

Don't let him step over your boundaries, but do not be vindictive... there are so many tricks to pie(r)cing.

You have my ear and advice anytime you need it.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

B
B
Upside, I wish more people on this board would follow your example. Most people just don't seem to get it. Waiting and hoping, and not setting firm boundaries will not bring the Spouse back. It will only encourage them to keep doing what they are doing.

Y
Y
Up

I agree with Jack. There will be many ups and downs. Some days you will feel like "what the heck am I doing this for?" Yes,the sex is great. He has to earn your trust back and it will and like Jack says don't let him overstep his boundries.

This is the hardest part but worth every minute of it!

Y

F
F
Upside, Thanks for the update. I am glad that you are in a place where you can feel you will be OK even if it does not work out. I agree that some skepticism is good, but as the book says, look how very far you have come!

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

A
A
J3B are you on the alt universe(fb)

Me 53
H 51
OW 25
Bomb may 06
left june 8/ 06
ILYBNILWY (twice!)
7/6/07 H wants to come home
7/21/07 H comes home
7/07 -7/08 long haul letting go of OW
now piecing in earnest

P
P
Upside

so good to hear your update
Yes a long road it has been
Im happy yours did turn out this way
good is ahead you have done amazing
also hope your dad is getting better
keep us posted!

peace

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
J
J
Yup, just not it much. Are you a FAN of Divorce Busting in said universe? So am I. Really not hard to find.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

U
Upside Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Thanks to all of you for your encouragement.

My life has been crazy busy through the holidays but I am hoping that the new year will be less hectic.

Today is my H's deadline for moving home however there is no real indication that he will make that deadline. He just got back from vacation with his D (3rd year of going on vacation at Christmas). He also didn't give his written notice to his apartment managers until Dec.10 so he has some time to get out of his apartment.

My H does have some clothes at my house but has yet to move anything of significance over. I've barely spoken with him in the last week while he was on vacation and when I spoke with him when he got back last night, the conversation didn't go well. I had to stop by his office today and he didn't seem very excited to see me after being gone a week. No hug or kiss of any kind. I'm feeling uneasy about him moving back...maybe I am just reading way too much into everything. Maybe.

I thought he was really making progress and starting to reconnect with me before he went on his vacation. I'm not feeling that right now. Is it him? Is it me? Both? Is he acting distant because the deadline is here or is it because he just spent a week with his D who doesn't like me?

I just need remind myself to relax and let whatever is going to happen happen. No expectations still!

Happy New Year to everyone here.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard