Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 54 of 101 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 100 101
R
R
so remind me again what the sundays are for?

C
C
Rob and Puppy I could use some help with Wonderful. He's going to push back on the boundary issue.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
P
P
Originally Posted By: robx
Originally Posted By: BeTheMan
Journaling..

When I came home from work last night, D18 was crying. She and I had the longest most meaningful conversation we have had in quite some time. I am hoping to get closer to my kids during all this, and last night was a good start.

Both kids were at WAW apartment yesterday. Likely a good thing for them to see it right away. I slept surprisingly well last night (without taking sleeping pill) and woke up today feeling ok.

I have a busy day off planned and have promised myself that I will not make first contact with WAW. I doubt I will hear from her until she is here on Sunday. No real plans as to how to handle that day.

Attempting to "embrace the suck" starting today, and so far - not too bad.

You want to start learning how to be a man,
protect your offspring.

Be there for them just like you did,
offer the shoulder to cry on, the hugs that offer strength & security, tell them they can talk to you anytime they need to and let them know that you will always be there for them regardless of this situation and tell them that everything will be ok no matter what happens - give her your guarantee.

Be strong for them, get in the habit of being the best dad there is (and not by spoiling or gift giving), spend time with them, quality time, do things with them when their schedules allow for it(older kids do have lives of their own) and most importantly, you need to start living a great & happy life, kids learn from their parents. If you sit around being depressed about this situation, sad, lethargic, displaying no energy whatsoever, you will teach them to do the same in their own relationship.

You have life inside of you, never forget that.
It's a gift, make use of that gift, don't squander it doing nothing. Be a great person, a happy person, the kind of person that rolls with the punchs, that gives as good as they get and doesn't fold under pressure.

You can do it.

Rob, you are in an absolute ZONE lately, buddy. Phenomenal, phenomenal post.

whistle whistle whistle whistle

Yes, it's a rare sighting of the highly-coveted Puppy's Four Whistles Award.

Puppy

P
P
Originally Posted By: Coach
Rob and Puppy I could use some help with Wonderful. He's going to push back on the boundary issue.

To the Bat Cave . . .

R
R
(batman music playing the background) LOL!

R
R
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Originally Posted By: robx
Journaling..

When I came home from work last night, D18 was crying. She and I had the longest most meaningful conversation we have had in quite some time. I am hoping to get closer to my kids during all this, and last night was a good start.

Both kids were at WAW apartment yesterday. Likely a good thing for them to see it right away. I slept surprisingly well last night (without taking sleeping pill) and woke up today feeling ok.

I have a busy day off planned and have promised myself that I will not make first contact with WAW. I doubt I will hear from her until she is here on Sunday. No real plans as to how to handle that day.

Attempting to "embrace the suck" starting today, and so far - not too bad.

You want to start learning how to be a man,
protect your offspring.

Be there for them just like you did,
offer the shoulder to cry on, the hugs that offer strength & security, tell them they can talk to you anytime they need to and let them know that you will always be there for them regardless of this situation and tell them that everything will be ok no matter what happens - give her your guarantee.

Be strong for them, get in the habit of being the best dad there is (and not by spoiling or gift giving), spend time with them, quality time, do things with them when their schedules allow for it(older kids do have lives of their own) and most importantly, you need to start living a great & happy life, kids learn from their parents. If you sit around being depressed about this situation, sad, lethargic, displaying no energy whatsoever, you will teach them to do the same in their own relationship.

You have life inside of you, never forget that.
It's a gift, make use of that gift, don't squander it doing nothing. Be a great person, a happy person, the kind of person that rolls with the punchs, that gives as good as they get and doesn't fold under pressure.

You can do it.

Rob, you are in an absolute ZONE lately, buddy. Phenomenal, phenomenal post.

whistle whistle whistle whistle

Yes, it's a rare sighting of the highly-coveted Puppy's Four Whistles Award.

Puppy

Puppy you're too good to me bro, don't think I don't notice or appreciate it, I do!

B
OP Offline
B
Actually doing very well today. I am feeling a sense of relief. The pressure is gone.

Re-arranged my bedroom a little to make it look less empty and will do the same thing with the closet when WAW gets her clothes out.

Will work out with S16 when he comes home from school. I have shown the kids no signs of weakness at all and will not do so in the future.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

B
OP Offline
B
I have my company XMAS party Saturday night. As I mentioned before, WAW said she would attend with me, but I am going on my own. I'm not a very social person, but it will be a good thing for me to do on my own in the first week.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

P
P
Actually doing very well today. I am feeling a sense of relief. The pressure is gone.

Re-arranged my bedroom a little to make it look less empty and will do the same thing with the closet when WAW gets her clothes out.

EXCELLENT!

P
P
I have my company XMAS party Saturday night. As I mentioned before, WAW said she would attend with me, but I am going on my own. I'm not a very social person, but it will be a good thing for me to do on my own in the first week.

EXCELLENT #2!

Will your wife know any of these people that would be at the party with you? If so, I'd make sure to have a dance (or four), including one slow one with someone else!

Puppy

Page 54 of 101 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard