Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 101 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 100 101
D
D
I think you are missing rob's point, the sooner you accept this is over the better chance you have seeing her comeback and you making the choices for a change.

And damn it, why are you not a guy to throw a party, I do not know you, but your attitude makes me think that I do not want to be around you either. On the other hand if I were invited to your party, I would think you would be most rightous! Are you getting any of what these people are saying to you?

Burt

S
S
Quote:
She Moved To Her Apartment - Dec 1 09

Party at BeTheMan's House! Worth the 45 minute wait to get over the Peace Bridge.

Seriously, brother, you can look at this as a blessing or a curse.

If you choose 'curse' then I can almost guarantee a year from now you will still be posting here. Your thread name will be something like: Depressed and Masterbating - 10, and you will be telling us what breakfast cereal you are eating and we'll be telling you the same things we are now. Curse no good for you or us.

Choose Blessing. You can wake up each morning and decide how you will IMPROVE yourself and YOUR LIFE without the stress of your wife, marriage, and those issues. You can wake up each morning and decide how you will IMPROVE yourself and YOUR LIFE with your first cup of coffee. Then go for it. The game has changed. Embrace it.

There is all this talk on this site about outshining the other man. Well in your case there may be no other man. So lucky you simply needs to outshine your wife's perception of the man she remembers you as. She put you in the mirror. Take a good look at yourself (and remember to smile!) and realize what you need to do to become not only the most attractive package available to your wife, but for any woman you so desire.

Remember, the process of Divorce Busting is counter-intutitive. It so happens that often when you set out to be attractive to someone else the end result is you attract interested in your walk away spouse.

L
L
great post Steve!

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
Bomb Nov 09 "i'm not happy"
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
P
P
Originally Posted By: Steve McQueen
Quote:
She Moved To Her Apartment - Dec 1 09

Party at BeTheMan's House! Worth the 45 minute wait to get over the Peace Bridge.

Seriously, brother, you can look at this as a blessing or a curse.

If you choose 'curse' then I can almost guarantee a year from now you will still be posting here. Your thread name will be something like: Depressed and Masterbating - 10, and you will be telling us what breakfast cereal you are eating and we'll be telling you the same things we are now. Curse no good for you or us.

Choose Blessing. You can wake up each morning and decide how you will IMPROVE yourself and YOUR LIFE without the stress of your wife, marriage, and those issues. You can wake up each morning and decide how you will IMPROVE yourself and YOUR LIFE with your first cup of coffee. Then go for it. The game has changed. Embrace it.

There is all this talk on this site about outshining the other man. Well in your case there may be no other man. So lucky you simply needs to outshine your wife's perception of the man she remembers you as. She put you in the mirror. Take a good look at yourself (and remember to smile!) and realize what you need to do to become not only the most attractive package available to your wife, but for any woman you so desire.

Remember, the process of Divorce Busting is counter-intutitive. It so happens that often when you set out to be attractive to someone else the end result is you attract interested in your walk away spouse.

whistle whistle whistle

Rat OWN! Rat own, rat own, rat OWN!! cool cool cool

B
OP Offline
B
Journaling..

When I came home from work last night, D18 was crying. She and I had the longest most meaningful conversation we have had in quite some time. I am hoping to get closer to my kids during all this, and last night was a good start.

Both kids were at WAW apartment yesterday. Likely a good thing for them to see it right away. I slept surprisingly well last night (without taking sleeping pill) and woke up today feeling ok.

I have a busy day off planned and have promised myself that I will not make first contact with WAW. I doubt I will hear from her until she is here on Sunday. No real plans as to how to handle that day.

Attempting to "embrace the suck" starting today, and so far - not too bad.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

C
C
Quote:
I doubt I will hear from her until she is here on Sunday. No real plans as to how to handle that day.

I am sure you will have to clean after the party on Sat nite. Wake McQueen up off the sofa and get him to help pick up bottles. laugh

get the book yet?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
R
R
Originally Posted By: BeTheMan
Journaling..

When I came home from work last night, D18 was crying. She and I had the longest most meaningful conversation we have had in quite some time. I am hoping to get closer to my kids during all this, and last night was a good start.

Both kids were at WAW apartment yesterday. Likely a good thing for them to see it right away. I slept surprisingly well last night (without taking sleeping pill) and woke up today feeling ok.

I have a busy day off planned and have promised myself that I will not make first contact with WAW. I doubt I will hear from her until she is here on Sunday. No real plans as to how to handle that day.

Attempting to "embrace the suck" starting today, and so far - not too bad.

You want to start learning how to be a man,
protect your offspring.

Be there for them just like you did,
offer the shoulder to cry on, the hugs that offer strength & security, tell them they can talk to you anytime they need to and let them know that you will always be there for them regardless of this situation and tell them that everything will be ok no matter what happens - give her your guarantee.

Be strong for them, get in the habit of being the best dad there is (and not by spoiling or gift giving), spend time with them, quality time, do things with them when their schedules allow for it(older kids do have lives of their own) and most importantly, you need to start living a great & happy life, kids learn from their parents. If you sit around being depressed about this situation, sad, lethargic, displaying no energy whatsoever, you will teach them to do the same in their own relationship.

You have life inside of you, never forget that.
It's a gift, make use of that gift, don't squander it doing nothing. Be a great person, a happy person, the kind of person that rolls with the punchs, that gives as good as they get and doesn't fold under pressure.

You can do it.

R
R
Have some friends over saturday night,
even if it's just some co-workers, spread the word, make it a guy thing, get a pay per view thing happening (mind you I don't think there is a UFC PPV event this saturday, maybe next sat), BYOB and just because others get hammered, enjoy yourself but don't go overboard but definitely have fun.

For years I was invited to these events and I never went and my friends kept skaking their head at me "Robbie, Robbie, Robbie, when are you going to learn?" and it was true. Now you can't keep me away from these events, either attending or hosting them. Booze, food, good times with good friends - that's the start and it will take off from their in other areas but you need to start getting used to living your life.

Your wife moved out, her loss, not yours.

C
C
Heh I started watching these in August as well... smile Now I attend them all

P
P
Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:
I doubt I will hear from her until she is here on Sunday. No real plans as to how to handle that day.

I am sure you will have to clean after the party on Sat nite. Wake McQueen up off the sofa and get him to help pick up bottles. laugh

I see McQueen being more passed out in the bathtub, no?? laugh

Page 53 of 101 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard