Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26
P
P
Can you light a fire under your L's ass to get things done? This just seems ridiculous that the settlement conference hasn't been scheduled and your bills keep coming in. And what about all the work that needs to be done on the house? I just don't want you to get stuck with all of this crap while H just walks away. Sigh.

Yay for Cirque du Soleil. I missed it when it was here but have seen a couple other of their shows.

I'm heading out of town tomorrow so I'll check back in when I'm home on 12/1.

Happy Thanksgiving!

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
S
OP Offline
S
Well the fire has been lit. Settlement conference is set for Dec. 11 at 10.00 (after I specifically told L after 3:00 would be better for me - go figure). But I don't care, I'll call in a sub, I want this done - or started as the case may be.

Thanks for remembering the house issues Pearl. Yes, it's huge. I wonder just what H plans to do about it? Should be quite enlightening.

I'm practicing my game face while saying "this is unacceptable to me".

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Bomb & moved out 4/07 "My feelings have changed" & "I want to live by myself".
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

K
K
Let the games begin
You will be glad when its all over SF,hard as that seems, its better then limbo

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving?

Last edited by KarenMarieS; 12/01/09 01:15 AM.

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

P
P
Back in the States but severely jetlagged. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

Ok, time to practice, practice, practice. I know you understand the importance of putting in rehearsal time. Work on your game face and calm responses.

And a good outfit. Remember the confidence imparted by a kick ass ensemble.

S
OP Offline
S
On SNL last night - "Last Friday, Tiger Woods hit a tree and a bunch of ladies fell out".

Thanks Karen and Pearl. Hope you both had a super Thanksgiving too. I'm lucky to have a brother and sil who retired to a beautiful beach house. I've spent the last year of holidays there resting and walking the beach. Helps alot!

Yes, the kick ass ensemble. Right now the plan is dark, skinny leg jeans, 3 inch black suede ankle boots, white blouse, black vest, red jacket.

My students perform Tuesday night so I can't really concentrate on the settlement conference yet. Just as well.

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

S
OP Offline
S
Damn, damn, and double damn - the settlement conference is canceled. My L sent an email at 10:00 this morning - H's L is doing a murder trial and it will go into Friday.

Then I get this email from H about an hour ago:
Quote:
I made it to the interviews but I didn't get the full time position at (name of college). Just another kick in the teeth. However, I will be teaching three sections of public speaking and developmental English at (name of college). Since my birth certificate is buried deep in my storage unit, it would be very helpful to have my passport for proof of citizenship. I believe I saw it laying out on one of the shelves in the back room. Could you bring it to Friday's meeting? For what it's worth, I won't be able to go to Florida for Xmas. I just had a $900 truck repair and I can't afford the trip nor risk not having transportation to work. I'm hoping things will be a little better in March but I just don't know

Thanks for your help. H

So his slack ass L's office has not bothered to tell him the meeting is off? Is this my job to tell him?

The storage unit he's talking about is in this state - 200 miles from where he is now. Yeah, when he moved to the Catbitch house he not only left almost all of his belongings here but put all of his books, etc, (and apparently his birth certificate) from his previous job in a storage unit in town.

I don't know where his passport is and I don't feel like looking for it. Nevermind that I just finished my middle school student dance showcase last night and I can barely see straight right now. Of course he wouldn't know any of this because he's still on Planet Me.

And that pathetic comment about not being able to go to Florida for Xmas because he can't afford it - playing for my sympathy sick

The only thing that's "kicking you in the teeth" dear H is your consequences.

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

P
P
*Groan*

Seriously, this sucks for you. How much more can this get dragged out? Forget I asked that.

Another play for sympathy--big fat WHATEVER.

I do think you should round up all of his stuff that's left at your house and either drop it off at his storage unit, ship it to him COD, or tell him it will be outside and he needs to pick it up before the trash collector does. When you're rested up of course! wink

Is there any indication of a rescheduled date?

Do you have some fun holiday plans to look forward to? I wish you were closer, you could come over for my Boxing Day party!

K
K
Quote:
Planet Me.
lol good one SF

I'm sorry about this, I know its frustrating, it seems to drag on longer then it should, which is totally insane- I had a few myself, thought it would never end, and I do believe , like I have said its the reason people celebrate their D, not for the loss of the M, but its finally over! closed!

It will end SF, I promise, patience.
Your doing great and you have a good sense of humor to get your through. ((( Hugs )))

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks girls. I sent an email to H early this mornig:

"My attorney says the meeting is canceled because your attorney is involved in a murder trial that will go into Friday. I looked for your passport and did not see it."

He replied:

"Thanks for looking. If you didn't see it right away then I probably already have it. As usual, I wasn't informed of the cancellation. That would have sucked to make the drive. Thank you for telling me."

He sounds fed up with his L doesn't he.

Well Pearl, I've thought of packing his things many times but I'm walking a fine line here with the house in the poor condition it's in. If I throw everything out it might appear that I'm saying I'll take take the house, fix it myself, and sell it and this is NOT what I want. I've been saddled with it long enough as it is. This is our major source of contention and what we really need to come to terms with - if we ever have the damn meeting.

But now it's almost Xmas break for me. I only have a few available days next week then I'll be visiting family until Jan. 1.

Guess Catbitch will now be spending her third Xmas in a row with a married man/boy.

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

P
P
I see your point about the house. Does your L have any advice in that area? Or is it all just waiting for the settlement conference at this point?

I'm happy to hear you'll be visiting family! Sounds like fun.

I hope Santa brings you a big fat settlement so you can get rid of this deadbeat once and for all. I just know that you will be happier and healthier without all this hanging over your head.

Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard