Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 126 of 132 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 131 132
Dia #1880285 11/24/09 03:01 AM
K
K
I'm so delighted to hear everything is good; now I can stop stalking you! (Hope it wasn't too annoying.)

Have you started job hunting yet? (Only partly joking. 60 hour weeks are inimical to healthy relationships, IMHO.)

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes.
Real boats rock." -- Frank Herbert
Dia #1880291 11/24/09 03:07 AM
D
D
Good to hear from you Dia, and that things are going well. Don't disappear like that smile.

Oh, and about the laptop, you know the drill. Detach. It'll come out of its fog, and at least you kept your (data) integrity. Worst case, you just need to GAL (get another laptop).

Me 42
W 39
Married: 11 Jan 1998, T: Since 1992
First Bomb: Sep 2007
Confirmed A/OM: 4 Nov 2007
Kids: D10, S5
Reconciled and together again after (alot of) time and heartbreak.
3rd kid, S, born 2 Jan 2010.
Dia #1880297 11/24/09 03:11 AM
G
G
Dia! laugh

Great to hear from you.
Great to hear about you ('ceptin' of course, the horrendous work hours).

Keep going, Girl! grin

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
The work sitch is being adversely impacted by the CEO's wedding, which is spilling over into *everything*. We're a small company, and most of us work from home, so when the CEO is blotto crazy, we'ALL blotto crazy.

The Weddding (it has caps now) is Dec 13. I will give this until the first of the year to calm down, then stronger and stronger measures will be taken up to and including me looking elsewhere for employment.

On the upside, I like the CEO, I love the company's raison d'etre and the company values are pretty sound. Execution - um, not so much. But execution can be fixed, and that's part of why I was hired. I'ma s'posed to be takin' ovah, iff'n ya know what I meen.

There is already talk of getting me an assistant, but we don't even have time for a search until after The Wedding. And yes, I have ended up doing stuff for The Wedding.

Hey, it pays the bills.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
Deep #1880305 11/24/09 03:24 AM
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Deep
Good to hear from you Dia, and that things are going well. Don't disappear like that smile.

Oh, and about the laptop, you know the drill. Detach. It'll come out of its fog, and at least you kept your (data) integrity. Worst case, you just need to GAL (get another laptop).

ROFLMAO!!!!

I'm on a verra nice desktop at present. See, I was never meant to be faithful to just one system. And besides, the laptop was a brick. Huge, heavy, and with its capabilities choked off by an underpowered processor. What can I say? It was cheap, and at the time I didn't need Laptop Right. I needed Laptop Right Now.

I was subsequently seduced by a netbook with a for-real graphics card. Yes, for you tech-wonks, I have an ASUS N10J which I got from NewEgg as an open box special for u nder $500. It will play Lord of the Rings Online. It is the size of a large paperback novel and it weighs 2lbs including the adapter. It overclocks to about 2 gHz and it fits in my purse.

At my old work (where I was the boss and hence owned my desktop system), I had a nice desktop with a 22 inch screen, a big hard drive and a rockin' processor and graphics card. (I game. So sue me wink )

Problem was, when the laptop unexpectedly succumbed to its hissy fit, the netbook and desktop were in boxes in storage units scattered over a 200 mile radius. (Hence the suddenness of my departure.) Sigh.

Laptop was an Everex StepNote. I hated it. I will never buy Everex again. I'm glad it's (mostly) dead. It wasn't a real crash. The screen stopped working - probably a loose wire but just as fatal as a crash for all intents and purposes. If you can't SEE your data, you can't manipulate your data.

Desktop is a Systemax refurb from Tiger Direct. I got a great deal and it works like a charm. I adore it. I will order Systemax again.

Netbook has been affectionately named 'Baby Precious', a Tolkein reference after a friend of mine began referring to her super-honker laptop as 'my Precious'.

Last edited by Dia; 11/24/09 03:29 AM.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
Dia #1880309 11/24/09 03:31 AM
G
G
Gardenerman understood every word of this right up to and including ROFLMAO!!!! (After that...not so much.) crazy
Originally Posted By: Dia
Originally Posted By: Deep

ROFLMAO!!!!

I'm on a verra nice desktop at present. See, I was never meant to be faithful to just one system. And besides, the laptop was a brick. Huge, heavy, and with its capabilities choked off by an underpowered processor. What can I say? It was cheap, and at the time I didn't need Laptop Right. I needed Laptop Right Now.

I was subsequently seduced by a netbook with a for-real graphics card. Yes, for you tech-wonks, I have an ASUS N-10. It will play Lord of the Rings Online. It is the size of a large paperback novel and it weighs 2lbs including the adapter. It overclocks to about 2 gHz and it fits in my purse.

At my old work (where I was the boss and hence owned my desktop system), I had a nice desktop with a 22 inch screen, a big hard drive and a rockin' processor and graphics card. (I game. So sue me wink )

Problem was, when the laptop unexpectedly succumbed to its hissy fit, the netbook and desktop were in boxes in storage units scattered over a 200 mile radius. (Hence the suddenness of my departure.) Sigh.

Laptop was an Everex StepNote. I hated it. I'm glad it's (mostly) dead. It wasn't a real crash. The screen stopped working - probably a loose wire but just as fatal as a crash for all intents and purposes. If you can't SEE your data, you can't manipulate your data.

Desktop is a Systemax refurb from Tiger Direct. I got a great deal and it works like a charm. I adore it. I will order Systemax again.

Netbook has been affectionately named 'Baby Precious', a Tolkein reference after a friend of mine began referring to her super-honker laptop as 'my Precious'.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

Dia #1880325 11/24/09 03:49 AM
G
G
Hi stranger!!

Glad to hear from you. And gald everything is going well for you.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
O
O
Diiiiiiaaaa!!!!

Oh it's so nice to hear from you. Overworked IT people unite.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
O
O
I'm posting on Surviving the Big D. Stop by sometime.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I am making a pork roast tonight. It's a variation of the one I made when FIL, SIL and baby visited. The change is in the sweet and sour sauce. Instead of red wine vinegar, orange juice and white sugar, I am using balsamic vinegar, fresh squeezed mandarin lime juice and half Splenda-half brown sugar.

This is not a polite little sauce. If you want a polite little sauce, go do something with apricot jam, a bit of brandy and some nutmeg. smile This is an acidic, intensely-flavored sauce with overtones of raisin, dried fig and mincemeat.

Here's a link to the rest of the recipe with the standard sauce. The only other change I make is to use 1/4 of the red pepper flakes and add paprika instead. Kidlet ain't too fond of red pepper flakes. wink

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny...cipe/index.html

Last edited by Dia; 11/29/09 01:11 AM.

Page 126 of 132 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard