Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 44 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 43 44
R
OP Offline
R
My cousin just called me. She asked me to come to her house for Thanksgiving, after all (not to worry about how small the house is). So, off to Jersey.

I was ok, really....now, I am a bit emotional about it. I will miss my kids more...all my cousin's kids will be there. But I will be with people who love me.

N
N
Happy Thanksgiving, Donna.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
M
M
Happy Thanksgiving!!! Enjoy your family.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

R
OP Offline
R
I cried hard last night for about 1/2 hour - just grieving (I really did love my prior life). Slept with my D's teddy bear; took a Lunesta to make sure I slept. But didn't wake up sore, no bad dreams. Slight melancholy this morning, but the drive and some good music drove that off, and it was a very good visit.
SO grateful.
Now, can't wait to see my babies tomorrow....

Hope you all had a blessed and reflective Thanksgiving...

S
S
Donna,

I thought about you all day. I wanted it to be good for you. I am SO glad that it was fine.

I remember my first Thanksgiving after Chuck left. I went to visit my friends out west (kids went with grandparents). I sobbed through the entire meal. I have come a long way since then. And so will you.

It is ok to grieve. It gets it out. And every occasion gets easier. You already know that.

But I just wanted to let you know that I care. And I understand. And I think you're turning a corner. To a better life.

Trust me....

& Happy Thanksgiving!

Barb

R
OP Offline
R
Thank you so much, friends! I was very fortunate to be able to spend time with my family today, especially when I didn't think it was going to happen.

I just got this as my horoscope for today:

Quote:
It's officially time to toss the tissues, stop worrying about the past and put some distance between you and whoever or whatever has been making you feel so blue lately. Come on. You've seen way too much of your living room lately. Your dog is even trying to figure out how to get you out of the house. Go ahead; have some fun. You've put in your time.

Another reminder from the cosmos wink

Getting out today? Probably not, with the shopping hoardes...except I might go get a massage and manicure before the kids get home! Or save that for tomorrow...

K
K
Donna,
are you pisces? Anyway, I am sorry your felt down yesterday. Holidays do that to us.

I agree with Sun, you are turning a corner. It's a bit "tight" of a corner but after that, the way gets easier and easier...
Hugs
M

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
S
S
Donna,

You could have stayed home yesterday too but you didn't - you accepted that invitation and felt much better for it no doubt.

I hate crowds. I avoid them like the plague. I'd rather pay more than battle crowds to get bargains - that's just me.

But the massage and manicure? Now - we're talking. Don't put it off - go for it - you are on a roll!

I love your Horoscope and could have actually written it for you. It is SO true. But it is up to you to do it.

Have a great day!

Barb

R
OP Offline
R
No shopping or massage...stupid thing. My big toe hurts. I mean, turn-your-stomach-hurts. My big toe.
Not sure if it is infected or bruised from the boots I wore yesterday. But the pain kept me up most of the night, so I slept in today.
Still got to get some stuff done, set up for dinner.

My ex is an a$$hole. He was going to be out with the kids this morning, and I asked him to drop them off as soon as possible so I could do something with them (we were going to do the town tree-lighting, but the rain changed plans to a movie).
About an hour and a half later than I was hoping they would be home, he called and said they were at his house. He drove right past my house, then sat around for more than a half-hour before calling me. Argghhh.

Went down and got the kids, ended up getting it all in, anyway (saw Old Dogs, and it we all laughed hard). Great dinner the kids helped me with - salad, smoked ham, corn, broccoli, pineapple, mushrooms, sweet and white potatoes, crescent rolls and buschetta bread, sparkling cider. Good china and crystal, candles. In-laws came over, too - very nice night (weird having to drive them back to their father's), just went really fast. Squeezed a whole holiday into 4 hours. Makes me all the more grateful for the time that we do get to spend and connect.

W
W
It sounds like a great four hours Donna! Glad you enjoyed smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
Page 34 of 44 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 43 44

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard