Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19
Y
OP Offline
Y
The girls weekend was great. We talked, shopped, and ate very well. We laughed so hard my stomach ached. Good times!

The sweetest thing was Friday night when I and got a phone call from my college freshman DD's phone. It was one of her friends calling on her phone telling me how he was sad he came home from college and I wasn't home. Then he handed the phone to another one of their friends, who proceeded to call me Sexy Momma and tell me how much she missed me. But of course the sweetest part was when my DD told me she loved me and missed me. Can I get a collective awwwwwwwww? LOL

I continue to hear from both Mr. A and Mr. C. I believe Mr. A may be getting better about keeping in touch. Mr. C lives out of town, but will be in town Tueday for a class. We are having dinner together. I am enjoying both of their friendships. I'm not ready for a serious relationhip.

This will again be a short work week for me. Thursday and Friday I will be attending an education conference out of town. I really lucked out. The city that the confenrence is being held in is also the location of the wedding I will be attending Saturday night. So I will stay there until Sunday.

The groom is the son of family friends. I have heard that H plans on bringing OW to the wedding. I'll be quite honest with you all, that is going to be an uncomfortable situation. Many have suggested I should ask Mr. A or Mr. C to go with me. The way I look at it, the day is about the happy couple. I do not wish to add any drama to the day, so I will attend with my dear friends. I intend on taking the high road. I know I will be surrounded by many wonderful friends. I cannot say the same for H and OW.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

Yoyowife #1870468 11/09/09 05:40 PM
K
K
AWWWWWWWW! That is sweet!!! smile

Sounds like you are so happy now--you so deserve it. I think it's good you're not getting serious too fast. Does Mr. A know about Mr. C? Was thinking that might be why he's being better--not taking you for granted?

Yoyo, you are such a wonderful person to take the high road. I can't imagine your friends will think highly of OW if she attends. As it should be...

Thanks again for all your special ed advice on my thread!!!

Me 53
D18, S24
Yoyowife #1870476 11/09/09 05:52 PM
K
K
Glad to hear that you had a good time. The wedding may be tough but I am sure you will handle it in typical Yoyo fashion...very gracefully. You are so incredible and I am glad things are working out for you now.

hugs, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
kat727 #1874975 11/16/09 03:50 PM
M
M
As always I am proud of you! Look forward to hearing about the wedding and how you coped/survived/excelled. Doing all those "firsts" is hard (being in public with H and ow)....but it makes you a stronger person! (((YOYO)))

Matilda2 #1875801 11/17/09 03:14 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
Hello Everyone,

Wow, I have had a hectic past few days. It started Thursday. I had to leave at 6:30 am to drive to two day conference for exceptional children. I received lots of good information. On Friday the conference ended at 12:30.

Luckily, the wedding was in the same city as the conference. How is that for timing? I met my friends at the reception hall to help decorate. The rehearsal dinner was that night. It was very nice. The next day was the wedding. The groom's mother is a dear friend of mine. Her gift to the couple was the reception, she has catered a few in the past so she is very good at those things. Our circle of friends helped her out with the reception...wow, that is a lot of work, but was very glad to do it. Everything was beautiful and the couple were radiant.

There were four of us setting up the reception so we did not attend the wedding so everything would be ready when they arrived at the hall. After the wedding one of the friend's husband told me that "the couple" were at the wedding. I braced myself and said a little prayer for strength. I did not see them when they walked in, but did see them eventually standing close to the door. That is where they remained the entire time they were there. They probably stayed about an hour. I saw perhapys 2-3 men talk to my stbxh and they were ones I did not know. Other than that "the couple" was pretty much shunned. Keep in mind there were probably 200 people there.

I went about my business of enjoying the wedding. I was surrounded by several friends. I never acknowledged the couple. My friends were amazed by my strength and told me what a lady I was to take the high road. One of my friends overheard one of stbxh's longtime friends talking about how he couldn't believe that he brought "her" to the wedding. I noticed that this particular friend had a surprised look on his face when he saw me and gave me a big hug. I never saw him talking to "the couple". I had worried that I would get emotional when I saw them together, but honestly, I can say it did not bother me that much.

It was nice that I was receiving texts from Mr.C wishing a great day during the stay. Mr. A is not as mushy as Mr C but I did receive texts from him also, lol.

I guess Mr. A did miss me though, he called me Sunday night and then last night called me three times for a total of over two hours of talking...lol. He must have really missed me!

It's been over three years since STBXH walked out. It is true that time heals. I'm still not at the total indifferent stage, but I am getting there finally!

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.

Yoyowife #1875859 11/17/09 04:18 PM
K
K
I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful time! Everybody knows how amazing you are!!!

Funny that you were getting texts from your 2 bf's. I wonder why your X and OW even attended the wedding. Sounds like they were out of place and friendless for the most part. As it should be.

So glad you're almost to the indifferent stage. I think I'm getting there too. Remember all the pain/stress we went through a few years ago; life is much better now....

Me 53
D18, S24
karen43 #1875901 11/17/09 04:47 PM
K
K
So does Mr A know about Mr C? Not that they need to, I was just wondering. Of course they missed you and were wondering how you would do. You know if we were back at the turn of the century, I bet you would have been the belle of the ball with men fighting for your dance card. wink

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
kat727 #1876062 11/17/09 07:15 PM
N
N
Quote:
I was just wondering

Me too. Glad I'm not the only one. whistle

It's so good to hear that your circle of friends recognize the lowliness of your H and his partner in crime. Not everyone turns a blind jaundiced eye towards infidelity, thankfully.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
NoCodeBlues #1876088 11/17/09 07:38 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
For all of you just wondering...lol.

Mr. C and Mr. A do not know about each other. I am not dating either one seriously. Matter of fact I've only went with Mr. C to lunch once. He texts me often, but that's as far as it's gone. Neither has indicated they are ready for a serious relationship, nor am I. So for the time being I will enjoy their friendship and company. smile

Yoyowife #1877673 11/19/09 05:54 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
If you all will recall back at the end of August, STBXH looked at my cell phone bill (company phone) and discovered lots of calls and texts from one partiular caller. He called me up in a tizzy telling me I needed to get my own cell service (hmmmm...isn't business mine also?) and that he was going to cancel house insurance and auto insurance. I talked to insurance agent, he told me had not received anything in writing from H so until that happened not do anything about it.

Tuesday night H called DD20's cell phone and asked if she was with me and wanted to speak with me. Remember I did not give him my new cell number, although he does have house number of course. He told me he had paid up the house insurance for a year and the auto insurance for a year. Hmmmmmm...wonder if his lawyer told him he needed to do that? I asked no questions, but just thanked him. He was nice and I was nice. I swear I never know with him how he will act when I talk to him!

Page 10 of 19 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 18 19

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard