Originally Posted By: TrentC
Originally Posted By: LoveHerSoMuch
This past Saturday she asked me to come home and it has been a honeymoon since then. We are moving forward with some important changes in our marraige.

Congratulations!

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I hope never to see you here again. whistle

(Actually, any insight on what you did in your process that helped things along might be helpful, for those of us who are still fighting that fight...)

I am not a relationship expert but I can tell you what I believe that worked in my situation.

I did not give up. There were a few times, when I thought that it wasn't worth the pain that I was going through and it would be easier to move on. I had a good support system with a few friends and family that kept encouraging me.

One advantage I had was that my wife never admitted to wanting a divorce, she just wanted some time and space but could not promise me what would happen after that. Giving her the space she needed was nearly impossible while living in the same house. Moving out was difficult but I think it was easier after we both came to some agreements about how things would work once I moved out. Here are some examples:

1. Don't make it permanenet. Don't sign a lease on an apartment. Stay with a friend so you know it is not permanent.

2. Agree that you will not see other people. After all you are doing this to work on your marriage, not to look for greener grass.

3. Make sure you take care of the finances together.

4. Agree how often you make contact. My wife wanted to call me each night and tell me goodnight and then talk to me once during the day to see how I was doing.

5. Try to have a date night. The morning after our first date night was when we got back together.

6. Keep showing her you have changed by example. Even if you live a apart, you might have to be creative. For example, drop by during the day when she is not home and do the laundry or wash the dishes. Maybe you have her car washed for her.

7. Go to counselling alone or together.