Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 44 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 43 44
M
M
Yeah, the shorter days have me feeling run-down too. I crawled into bed pretty early last night.

Something about snuggling down under the covers and pretending the world doesn't exist helps. smile

Hope today is 1000 times better!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
R
OP Offline
R
I'm skipping Zumba again tonight - second time in a row. Wed is the only night that I can stay late for work, and there is always something needing to be done. I need to keep on top of things there, especially, make a good impression. On a brighter note, my old friend is coming up for the weekend, so there is something to look forward to (and clean for).

R
OP Offline
R
I had a great weekend, even if I had to curtail things a bit (D10's cough developed into a low fever, so I didn't go to the comedy club). My friend did stay over, though, and surprised me by setting up my sunroom a new way. I love it, and it was just the kick-in-the-a$$ I needed to finish the room up. I ordered a rug, energy-saving curtains and chair slipcovers. I can't wait to wrap it up!

Other than that, I find myself....restless, bored maybe. Can't tell what this is, exactly. I am still working on my career and getting routines in place for the house. My kids are doing really well, for the most part. Life has settled.
I had a rare sad moment this weekend over something stupid: leaves. Over the last week, my giant oak tree dropped all of its leaves overnight, obliterating the yard. The task looked HUGE! I went to the power equipment store to see about getting a bagger. Now, the price floored me - $425!! And there I was, surrounded by that smell, axes, tools...and I remembered x. The first time I saw him, he was carrying a tree (yes, a tree), and then chopping fire wood. My lumberjack.
Now, I had to do it myself, and it was damn expensive! And not my job (um, yes it is, I know). Anyway, minor pity-party for about 1/2 hour, thinking how he was now chopping wood for another house, another home, a different family, a different reality.
Blech. Shook that off. I think there will be flashes of that, twinges over what was. But...

I didn't get STUCK. How things have changed!

Anyway, that was yesterday. Today, I am...restless.

I think I need a date.

The time considerations are daunting. Only 2 Fri/Sat nights a month.
And the TIME...to think of getting to know someone, put up with their sh!t...maybe I am already becoming too set in my ways! My standards are set way-high, and I haven't even been out with anyone since....wow, last year this time, I think?
Well, I know that I'm not going to meet anyone at work (elementary schools don't have lots of chances to mingle with anyone of age!). No guys at Zumba or church. So, back to the internet.
I weed people out mercilessly. SO many can't even be bothered putting some effort into their initial impression. Typos? Next. Bad pics or cut-out women next to them? Next. Smokers? Next. Can't write more than, "Yo, babe, your pretty!" with dancing bananas? Next.

Where are all the normal people?

S
S
Hi Donna,

Sounds like you're ready to give it another go. When I REALLY wanted to meet Mr Right - I met everyone but him. When I just talked to someone like a friend - he turned out to be "THE ONE". Keep your standards high. I could not imagine wasting one of my precious evenings to go out with someone who wasn't a real possibility. And yes - I did this online.

I did not think I would ever want to date again. I did not think I would ever find the right man. I was sure it would work out for everyone else but NOT ME! But the truth is - I put forth some effort, took every precaution and gave it a shot. Today I am happier than ever before.

You sound great. And normal. And I wish you all the best.

Barb

O
O
This is a fun book: http://www.amazon.com/Blink-Power-Thinking-Without/dp/0316172324

And, it suggests that your first online impressions are probably worth taking seriously, lol.

P.S. There really is a point at which making one's present life about the past just becomes *tedious*. I mean REALLY tedious and boring. Maybe you are reaching that point :-)

Last edited by oldtimer; 11/09/09 02:20 PM. Reason: added p.s.

Best,
Oldtimer
F
F
Donna...I pay my kids to rake...
sometimes in movies or games or whatever

my parents do too
their yard is an acre

win win

they get a game they want
i get a raked yard

R
OP Offline
R
My S14 went with me to look at the bagger - he was astounded at the price. He came home and worked over the weekend to get it all cleaned up. There is still some to do, but no where as intimidating as it first looked. He had his friend come and keep him company on Sunday, too. So, I took the "crew" out to the china buffet as a reward - about $50 for all 4 of us to eat, verses $425 for bagger!

Now, if only he could be so motivated about his room... wink

S
S
Ahhh Donna - it is a start. Good for your son! And good for you for appreciating his hard work.

I am overwhelmed with work too. Like a very messy garage with no room to park the van. But yesterday I decided to do it while it was still warm. Once started - it didn't really take that much time. And now I did an even better job than planned and have lots of room in there. YEAH!

Creative solutions and reality checks are great motivators!

Barb

M
M
Great idea taking him to actually see the enormous cost of the bagger! Chinese buffet would probably have had my son using his whole body to get those leaves in the bags! His favorite!

Of course, I have a mulching mower so we just run over all the leaves and let the soil have them back. smile

It's POURING rain here today thanks to what is left of Ida. Yuck! I wish this were a normal Tuesday and I were off. Alas, one of the girls is off on vacation today so I had to come in. It's perfect stay in bed, curled up with a book and a hot cup of tea weather. frown

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

M
M
Oooh. A mulching mower. I might have to get one of those if I am able to buy a house soon. That's a great idea!

Especially since I don't have any kids to bribe with food to clean the yard lol.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
Page 27 of 44 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 43 44

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard