Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 87 of 101 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 100 101
Hi Tristan, just checking in the see how things are going. Glad to see things are progressing in a positive direction as far as the M is concerned. I hope that your early termination proposal works out. Does your lease allow you to sublet the apartment in the event that your landlord doesn't accept it?

Me:41
W: 35
Married: 6
Together: 15
Bomb: 08/09
Currently: Investing in me!

"You can't do anything about anything you can't do anything about" - Larry King
T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi HBH. We are not allowed to sublet it ourselves. However, state law requires the landlord to accept a new renter if they are qualified. So we could find someone ourselves and then have the landlord switch the lease. So anybody out there need a wonderful 3BR colonial? laugh

Seriously though, both of us really do just want to get this whole thing behind us.

Me: 36, W: 33, M: 10 yrs
Bomb: 1/09, Seperated: 9/09, Piecing Begins: 10/09

My story: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...t=91&page=1
W
W
Tristan - Strangely enough, again we are in the same boat. She stayed one month in the apt and this last weekend we moved everything out. The landlord (large corporation) does not seem to really be wanting to do any type of early termination. They said they would try to rent it out and then we would be released.

My W is feeling that same type of guilt and everything that goes along with it. I would love to get it behind us. $1k per month for nothing sucks bad.

Let me know how your offer turns out. I may try something similar.

M 33, W 30, SD 10, D 5, S 4

Made it through the WAW, living happily together now. And I am much wiser for it!
S
S
Tristan ~

Just making my rounds and checking in to see you...

Seems you are doing wonderfully though I never doubted it. smile

On a previous page, you mentioned your IC wanted you to maybe go to psych appt. with wife?

Being bipolar, here is my 2 cents - Don't force that...

You asked and she stated how it made her feel...

Give it time...

I have been going to these appts. for 21 years and not once have I been comfortable enough to have anyone accompany me, hell I don't want to accompany me half the time lol...

The disease in my opinion is very personnal and not all of it is easily shared...

There are thoughts/actions/feelings going on that are humiliating and she may not be ready for you to see that side of her. wink

(((Hugs)))

May All Who Seek To Take My Life
Be Put To Shame And Confusion;
May All Who Desire My Ruin
Be Turned Back In Disgrace.
~Psalm 40:14~
T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: Serenity13
Tristan ~

Just making my rounds and checking in to see you...

Seems you are doing wonderfully though I never doubted it. smile

On a previous page, you mentioned your IC wanted you to maybe go to psych appt. with wife?

Being bipolar, here is my 2 cents - Don't force that...

You asked and she stated how it made her feel...

Give it time...

I have been going to these appts. for 21 years and not once have I been comfortable enough to have anyone accompany me, hell I don't want to accompany me half the time lol...

The disease in my opinion is very personnal and not all of it is easily shared...

There are thoughts/actions/feelings going on that are humiliating and she may not be ready for you to see that side of her. wink

(((Hugs)))

Thanks Serenity. I will not push it. She cancelled her last appointment her psych. Should I ask her to reschedule? She has not seen him since going off the meds. But, I do think she is doing as well now as she ever did on the meds. She believes that she is doing better now off than she ever did on. She describes it as "more grounded".

There is an unofficial (not in DSM IV) diagnosis of bipolar III. This is essentially bipolar where the mania or hypomania is induced by anti-depressants. I am beginning to wonder if this is not what my W is dealing with. I guess only time will tell.

C
C
We never really talked about the money spent. We did discuss the price of DB tuition. There is a difference between cost and value. I believe we both saw the experience as valuable, as painful as it was. You can make more money. You can't replace your history, experiences, love, family, dreams, inside jokes, the knowing looks, and the intimacy of knowing someone else on this earth understands how much you matter.

Cheers

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
K
K4D Offline
K
Are yall still looking to move to Texas? If so, where in Texas?

K4D

Me 36, W 37
M: 08/02/97
D13, D9
1st Bomb 02/08
Reconciled 04/08
2nd Bomb: 09/08
W filed for D 02/04/09
Separated 03/09
D dismissed 06/09/09
Still separated...
T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Yes. We are still thinking about Texas. However, we wouldn't move till school is out for D6. If we move, it will be to the home of the Longhorns. I hear Austin is a wonderful place to live. Plus, it is more similiar to the tropical climate my W is accustomed than the one we have now. We had a "chance" of snow last night frown My wife has a tough time with the winters up here and I hope the move would help a little with her seasonal depression.

Last edited by tristan; 11/06/09 09:06 PM.

T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Journaling:
It's my birthday and feeling good. The landlord accepted our proposal, we are out of the lease. We have been having great weather the past few days. W took me out on Saturday for my birthday and we took the family to the zoo yesterday. W and I were up till 1AM last night just relaxing together. She sent me a wonderful birthday wish via e-mail this morning. I feel very fortunate.

T
tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: Coach
We never really talked about the money spent. We did discuss the price of DB tuition. There is a difference between cost and value. I believe we both saw the experience as valuable, as painful as it was. You can make more money. You can't replace your history, experiences, love, family, dreams, inside jokes, the knowing looks, and the intimacy of knowing someone else on this earth understands how much you matter.

Cheers

Thank you Coach. I sent this verbatim to W. She greatly appreciated it.

Page 87 of 101 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard