Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 34 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 33 34
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for coming by, Gypsy and Addie! I appreciate the feedback, it is always good to have...

H gets back tomorrow afternoon, I haven't really thought much about him the past few days which is a good thing. If he were to stay gone another few weeks I wouldn't really mind except I know my kids would.

Speaking of kids, my Nathan (7) is running a fever but with no other symptoms. It got as high as 103 but the ask-a-nurse on the phone said without other symptoms we shouldn't bring him in unless it was 105!! Hate it when they get sick on the weekend.

Been pretty uneventful otherwise. I chatted with Match guy via IM for about an hour yesterday. Then tonight the kids went to my parents' for the evening as it had already been planned and Nathan was eating and playing and acting fine other than the fever. We IM'ed again for probably 90 minutes, then he asked if he could call me. I gave him my cell # because it is listed in my BIL's name as we are on the family plan, so the address and other info are under him in a town 150 miles from here. He said he was going out to watch the end of the Iowa game (GO HAWKEYES for pulling out a win at the last minute!).

Anyway he called me at 10:30 but I didn't hear the phone, I noticed at 11 that he left a vm so I called him back and we talked until a little after 1. So about 3 1/2 hours of chatting today. Lots of fun, not like anything serious but nice to talk to a guy again. smile It is funny but I find myself 'db-ing' him, when we IM I find a reason to stop it before he does and on the phone I tried a few times to get off before I finally told him I would talk to him another time...

Still up at 3 am folding laundry. That is why my parents initially offered for my kids to come over, so I could catch up on housework. I am behind on a lot with Dan being gone so long and me the one doing everything with the kids. Better go finish so I can get some sleep before church tomorrow.

Last edited by BobbiJo; 10/25/09 08:10 AM.

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
V
V
((((((BobbiJo))))))

Sorry to hear about your little guy! I just heard that my "little" one, who played two soccer games yesterday, and was supposed to play at least one today, is at 101.3 and feeling rotten. We are trying to figure out who is going to stay home with him tomorrow.

I liked reading a post from you where Dan was just a side issue! That was refreshing!

J
J
Guys on the fever with no symptoms front, D8 and I spent last Sunday at the Children's hospital ER....after two urine samples, a urinary tract infection was diagnosed and she is on antibiotics. No other symptoms other than high fever.....

K
K
On the news here, it said US are on alert because of "thousands of deaths due to swine flu". Is that true guys? You never seem to talk about it while here, we are all going crazy about this flu...

Hope Nathan is feeling better soon.
How did the match guy sound? Voice?
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Nathan still running fever (103 F) so I am going to get him from my parents. Hospital said not to bring him in unless it reached 105??? unless he develops other symptoms. They did say that with the flu they often have the fever first and develop other symptoms 24 hours later...

John I will think about what you said re. D8, that is good info to have.

K I haven't known of anyone dying from it but we had 20% absent from school a couple days last week with it. Haven't been able to get the vaccine although some reports say it wouldn't matter anyway now that it is so widespread...

Re. Match guy, he had a nice deep voice. Not what I expected from his photo (he is 5'11, good but not a real big guy), a pleasant surprise. He already texted this morning to see if I slept well.

Actually kind of funny b/c I got alternating texts from him and from Dan and I had to make sure I was replying to the right guy. smile

This detachment thing is......nice. Dan has texted a few times this morning, he clearly doesn't know things have changed around here yet...asking me what our plans are for the afternoon, etc. I am keeping him updated on Nathan but nothing more.

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

D
D
Just so you know, so far in 2009 there have been in excess of 27000 case type A flu (swine flu is a sub-type). Exactly 57 deaths in children this year. Did not find stats for adult deaths on the CDC website. Re: fever, even 105 isn't necessarily dangerous, just very uncomfortable. Big thing is with temp it is easy for kids to get dehydrated and can mask other symptoms. Most of the deaths have been very young children (less than 2) or people with complicating medical problems. Biggest complication is pneumonia.

Me (47)
W (42)
D (18) adopted 2 years ago from Russia
S (almost 16), S (13)
M 19 years
Bomb 10/09

"Ask, and ye shall receive. Seek, and ye shall find. Knock, and the door will be opened unto you."
K
K
Well, our news here love to scare people. I guess they are trying to cultivate fear...

Same here -Greece- a lot of people get it but it goes away as any other type of flu. Only people with conditions are threatened by it and mo stly by pneumonia.

If Dan only knew...
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I am keeping an eye on Nathan because of his asthma and allergies. Don't want him getting pneumonia.

Yeah, if Dan only knew... wink A few more flirty texts this morning. Always good for the PMA! It is so nice to be drama-free....

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hmmm....

match guy worked until 8 tonight...started texting at 8:45. Too funny b/c Dan was actually at the house checking on Nathan. I felt like the shoe was on the other foot. There I am texting on the couch to another guy when he was 6 feet away. Wonder how many times that happened to me? Only I don't have to feel bad b/c I wasn't the one doing it while we were living together and supposedly committed. smile

After a few texts I just turned the ringer off, don't know what Dan thought but it was funny to me. Picked up later in the evening and wound up having a very nice convo. for a little over an hour after the kids were in bed...he thinks I have a sexy sounding voice...again, not bad for the pma smile Don't worry I am not getting attached. After 17 years of one guy it is going to be fun to flirt and enjoy myself without committing to anything.

Going to be home from school tomorrow as Nathan still had fever (101) when he went to bed...glad teachers get a ton of comp. days! He said he felt just fine but the rule is 24 hours fever-free before you can go back to classes.

All in all a pretty good weekend other than Nathan getting sick. He really didn't act all that sick, just ran the stupid fever. Sydney had friends from all over the neighborhood come and rake leaves for her so she could jump in them with the big kids. A neighbor girl (13) wants to be our babysitter so she comes and plays with Sydney. Was nice today since Nathan couldn't play and I was in watching him, but she could still go out and play with her friends in the front yard. Social butterfly, that girl!

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Funny all the other times I thought I was detached, I would find myself thinking, "What could I do to show Dan that I have let go"....

But lately, I don't want to show him anything. At all. Maybe that is the point of actual detachment? I don't have to prove anything to him, because it really doesn't matter so much. Kind of want to live and let live, you do your thing, I'll do mine.

He had to go to Wichita today until tomorrow night. Funny it didn't occur to me until just as I typed this that K.C. is on the way to Wichita...and I really could care less! Anyway he got back yesterday, left again this morning, gets back Tuesday night and then leaves again Sunday. I feel bad for the kids but it doesn't bother me personally...

Home with Nathan today. His temp is better, 100.8. He still doesn't want to eat anything which is a problem but at least he is drinking! Dan called to check on him and I was short on words I guess (just the facts) and he sounded a little annoyed.

Said something about when we would carve pumpkins. I told him he was the carving expert, he could do it Wednesday. He pointed out that WE couldn't do it Wednesday b/c I had night class. I told him he could handle it without me...again he sounded a little irritated. Oh well, not my problem. I want to be there for trick or treating but I really don't mind missing out on carving pumpkins. I took them to pick them out so I had my fun!

OK off to finish cleaning. Doing my best to clean all surfaces in the house today, change the sheets, etc etc. Probably too late as I am developing a cough eek

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

Page 27 of 34 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 33 34

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard