Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 42 43
S
S
I agree with everything Ian mentions. You cant compromise on any of those points.

Quote:
my L tells me that HER L tells her that she plans to quit working and go to school full time

I heard this with my brothers wife when he was going through a divorce and with mine too. Neither ever went to school. It is a ploy so they can get alimony for re-training.

Quote:
It is clear that we, as men, get shafted when it comes to parenting time.

Yes, it does happen, but dont think about that now. You have to have optimism that you are going to get fair custody time. I did not get shafted custody wise (a little shaft on the financial end), and remember, I was the one to file just like you.

Based upon their crappy offer, I think you are headed to court to have this thing settled. I am sorry that this is dragging on so long for you.

J
J
Yes, still following.

Her proposal is totally unacceptable. If your lawyer is advising you to take it then you will live to regret it, and you have the wrong lawyer.

The compromise position is equal placement. You should try for more. Your kids deserve both parents and if they do not spend overnights then you will be nothing but a visitor.

You are a doctor so that means no overnights?

You need to adjust your schedule. The kids come first my friend. Make it clear that you cannot pull ER on certain nights. If that is not acceptable at the hospital, find an alternate medical field.

If she plans to quit work that is not your problem. If fact that is a common threat - the judge can force her to work.

You are in the home stretch. Compromise now and you will die inside. Trust me here, I get 40% and I am sick about it, even though I get every other weekend and half the summer and half the holidays and schoiol breaks - or 50% of the time they are not in school. Sick about it.

Don't accept what she is proposing.

Strength and Honor.

Jeff

Current Thread
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks all. I pulled myself up by my britches. My L is on top of things and countered all of those.

I wrote a letter 2 days after to my L. I requested:
-a midweek sleepover
-instead of taking the kids to her on Sunday night, to deliver them to the bus or school on Monday AM
-whether something can be written about being able to pick up and drop off at sports events if I coach his team
-ability to be at and participate in extracurricular activiites, sports, etc

My L is on top of things. She picked up some great stuff (eg, that as I stay in the house until it's sold, I should get a credit for paying down the mortgage and increasing the equity). She reworded a lot of stuff (eg, from a income review every 2 years to a COST OF LIVING increase every 2 years...big difference in verbiage).

I'm sure my W is going to fight all of this and I can't argue with Kerry's comment about this going to trial. I don't want to, can't afford it financially but I can't afford to lose time with my kids at this age.

FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
J
J
Good Frank. Missed your call - tried to call cell but no answer - mailbox full.

Hang in. Don't give up on a fair custody arrangement. That is what your lawyer should be focused on - not the legal wording of less important stuff.

Your kids require nothing less than TWO parents. That is your only focus. Get a second opinion if your lawyer does not support.

Jeff

Current Thread
B
B
FIB,

Your kids won't be this young forever. The decisions you are making now will stay with you for a long time. Even if it's difficult to make it so that you can have an equal number of days and nights now, eventually they will be able to be by themselves should you get a call.

In my opinion, there is no more important/significant settlement issue than custody/visitation, and all it's surrounding issues. Summer vacations, holidays, birthdays, decisions on things like camps, sports to play or not play. Given your wife's refusal to co-parent so far, all the more important that as much of these things as possible be well defined in your agreement.

Blessings,

Bill

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
F
OP Offline
F
I am sitting next to my daughter in the ER. She seized again...103 plus fever. She is heavily sedated. I was notified by school....to follow. Stresses. W tearing me a second AH re, D on the way to the ERm FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
H
H
oh no! prayers for your daughter. and for you.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
R
R
thinking of you....

F
F
Tell her to STFU and doesn't she see that her F-ing actions are causing this stress in your D? Ask if if she want's to be responsible for her death or her life? Stop holding back man.

Prayers for your D.

Current Thread

S
S
I'm hoping for the best. It has to be so tough when a little one is very sick.

I wish a judge could witness what is happening with your kids and how this evil witch is not helping out by cooperating as a responsible parent.

Page 5 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 42 43

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard