Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 81 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 80 81
G
G
Ali,

We will miss you when you decide it is time to leave the boards. You have a gift for writing. If I recall correctly I think you once suggested that you might one day write a book about your experience. I will be watching the NY Times bestseller list.

I'm wondering if before you sign off from the boards you would consider giving me feedback on a letter that Jody suggested I write to H to deliver sometime in the next week (2 weeks before Dday). The letter is posted on my thread (www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1855353&#Post1855353)

Thanks!

GAG

A
OP Offline
A
Hey Michelle, I agree with you, and me too. I actually think, thank god this happened, its transformed me.

GAG, I replied on your thread as thoroughly as I could, as I know you really want information. What worked for me may not be right for others, lord knows there were some negative comments from some posters at times to my approach, but then, I guess I trusted my intuition and I think you should do the same.

Thankyou so much for your kind comments, its been a dream of mine since I was about 6 to be a writer! I'm going to try I really am.. and I kept all my notes and I did start a book about all of this, I think I got to 20,000 words. You have inspired me to take another look at it !

xxx

J
JCJ Offline
J
Hey Ali

Just saying hi smile

Jx

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
A
OP Offline
A
Hey Julia! Hows life with you? Hows that Lisa London doing !?

Mines pretty quiet since I got back with bf.. ironically, all those nights on the phone to friends, nobody phones anymore !! Nor bf either. We both make the effort to keep contacting people, but its getting embarresing. My Mum said (and my sister) just this week.. well we are giving you space, to be together.. so maybe everyone feels the same, but.. its been 5 months !!!!

Other than that, cant complain wink

B
B
Could you have some sort of housewarming/dinner party--you are living together again, right??

Maybe having people over and showing them you are happy to have company will give them the hint.... wink

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
M
M
That is a brilliant idea!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
V
V
(((((Ali)))))

Been a while since I have read your thread....

Don't kick yourself for not just talling him he could come back sooner. Even though he says now he might, I don't think it would have happened. I actually think it would have set you back. He have to come back when he was ready, when it was his choice. Too soon would have been a lot worse, I think.

You did good!

G
G
I like BobbiJo's idea. Very few people reconcile successfully, so in general people just probably don't know how to react......what the protocol is. You are very creative, Ali. I'll bet you and BF can come up with some kind of really fun theme for a party that your friends would have a GREAT time attending.

In other news....., I just found out from a reliable source that my H was "dumped" last weekend by another woman --- this is the 2nd time he has been "dumped" by a woman he was dating in the last 6 weeks. I thought perhaps I was the only person he showed his irritable, depressed persona to, but it's looking as though others may be picking up on it too. I wrote about it on my thread.

GAG

A
OP Offline
A
Hey girls! Jeff! Thankyou, nice it turned out ok hey? After all those hundreds of posts, you really did make a difference and helped! You're probably right, he had to come back when he 'pinged' and was cooked.

Bobbi, yes we do live together and thats a great idea! We spent so long moving, then we were on holiday and what with the building work, we hadnt been able to invite many people over and its been so long, we forgot to have a house warming ! Maybe we should throw a halloween party or something. I will ask bf and thanks. Well, someone did phone and invite us out and we went to the infamous band night last night.

I noticed yesterday that Venus was squaring Pluto again (if anyone remembers me rambling on about that).. and last night, he suddenly turned to me and said "I really appreciate you. I appreciate you and what I have. When I look at what G is doing and what he might be getting, I realise, I'm glad I'm not you. Look at what I have. I'm the luckiest man alive".

Good god, I nearly stopped breathing altogether!! I of course said I felt lucky too.

J
JCJ Offline
J
Yaaaay!!! I'm so happy for you! smile

edit: Yeah, life is ok. I have a cold but I think so has half the country! Lisa is good, I think she had a cold too last week. We should be going to a new singing thing next week which should be fun.

I think having a party is a great idea. Halloween is a great excuse! You can dress up in something ultra fabulous.

Last edited by JCJ; 10/16/09 09:19 PM.

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
Page 38 of 81 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 80 81

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard