Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 32 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 31 32
A
A
Originally Posted By: orangedog

Why am I here (on the board that is)? : This whole thing is like recovering from a major injury and now the O'dog has to learn how to run again. I'm trying to see what happened in the past (not necessarily to make sense of it because it won't make sense). The work I'm doing now is a little like physical therapy; strengthen, relearn, recover. And like PT, sometimes it's hard and it hurts. There will be some permanent scars and maybe loss of mobility.

I think it does you good to be here O'dog...even now. Lots of understanding and support here. I think it does others good for you to be here too...I know it does me good for you to be here. Your analogy is spot on BTW.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
O
OP Offline
O
4. No more beer O'dog? Why not?: Trying to figure this one out myself. There really wasn't a problem. I'm guess I'm just done with it. Besides it's not a good mix with my depression, sports, or my practices.

The O'dog is trying to working on reconciling this into his social life. I don't want to be the wet blanket so I haven't shared with anyone outside here - if I go out I just order Cokes. This article kinda sums it up.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2006/dec/12/healthandwellbeing.health

Last edited by orangedog; 10/12/09 06:42 AM.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
O
OP Offline
O
Thanks Antlers.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
O
OP Offline
O
Grrr...here comes that Black Dog again.

Get out of my yard you mangy mutt!

G
G
O'D,
I've been lurking and following along both here and on Detachment. I feel your anguish. I'm just about done myself.
Stay strong.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

O
OP Offline
O
Thanks Gardner.

---

A bonus fall day with good weather made for a decent 45 mile therapy session on the motorcycle.

O
OP Offline
O
The O'dog doesn't feel good today.

--

I'm tired of coasting in on fumes at the end of each pay period. Either need to find a cheaper place to live or a different job. While this place doesn't inspire me much and there's no opportunity to buy-in, I hate to say at least I'm here. I feel like I'm limping along and not making good hours. As soon as I start feeling better I need to get out.

O
OP Offline
O
I feel like Truman Burbank in "The Truman Show". Just wish I could get out of "here". Whatever "here" is.

Who (or what) is Christof in my story and why is he tormenting me?

O
OP Offline
O
Pdoc isn't available till nov 2nd. F!!!!

A
A
Hang in there O'dog. Everyone says it gets better and we gotta believe it. Persistence and determination...and time.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
Page 27 of 32 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 31 32

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard