Print Thread
Page 114 of 132 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 131 132
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Lotus
A new silk nightie?

@ Lotus - Now *there's* an idea!! I like how you think!

@Gardner - Blank card - also a good idea. Or the standard, romantic, maybe slightly humorous I Love You card would probably work, too.

Maybe both plus roses and/or candles on the newly cleaned dresser? Or is that overkill?

Last edited by Dia; 10/13/09 12:32 AM.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
A
A
Going out on a limb here but having had my H come back to me once 7 years ago, I want to remind you that he chose you because you are the better woman and hopefully it is as much for him as it is for you.

Take it slow but really you'll need to have gratitude while still honoring how valuable you are. He isn't doing you a favor.

So, talk is cheap. Make the marriage work. ML and tell him in your own genuine way what it means to you to have him completely.

Never take the M for granted but also, never believe that you are the lucky one out of the two of you. I hope I'm making sense. I fed into my H's belief that I was lucky to have him and I think that diminished the value of what he was getting out of it too (always looming though subtly was the possibility that he could "choose" someone else again). Make sense?

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Makes sense. Thanks AK. smile

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
K
K
Dia

I'd say just be you, cherish the time together and maybe give him the gift of yourself tied up with a bow smile Candles and sexy music always win in my book. Whipped cream, edible body dust, nice lingerie, no lingerie. Not all at once however!

A bedroom picnic is also fun at the end of a long week. You can even print invitations and a menu.

However, I don't think you need any single grand gesture. You are a great gift. Be good to him and let him be good to you.

Can't keep a good woman down
V
V
Go easy here, Dai. He's got lots of things pushing back, if he feels you starting to pull, he will question himself. I'd think really carefully about the present, or even card.

You night be able to sneak a new nighty in on him, though. smile

K
K
Oh, and the picnic basket doesn't only have to include food. Maybe something to put on and take off?

K
K
What Jeff said. Not all gangbusters but over time. You have patience and you are in it for the long haul.

O
O
You're so good with cooking. Start in the kitchen...and finish in the bedroom.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
For tonight, I kept it simple. I cleaned an area in the bedroom that I know will please him. There is nice music playing and incense burning. No card. No gift. Just me. And I let him in on the secret of my 5pm ritual, so now he knows to look for it and he knows what it means. He was touched and pleased when I told him.

L
L
I guess your 5PM ritual is different than mine. I go to the grocery at 5 PM and pick out something for dinner.

Page 114 of 132 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard