Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Birthday yesterday was good despite the crappy weather. Work went well then had dinner with S13. Then I went to the group support I belong to and one of the women baked me a cake and they all sung happy birthday - I though that was very nice grin

Today, took S13 to school at 5:00am to catch the bus which was taking the 8th grade class to the airport as they are going to D.C. for the weekend. (W didn't show up this morning)

Then S16 and I had breakfast and later he met up with some friends and I went on a long bike ride.
Tonight, just got home from bowling with my friends and looking forward to sleeping....was long day today.

Tomorrow, Bears off so will watch other games smile

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
Met OM 10/10/08; Bomb 12/27/08; Moved in with OM 01/27/09
Me stronger and happier everyday!
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Today, logged into work for about an hour.
Then took S16 to church
Then we picked up S16's girlfriend and went to my parents for lunch and to watch football. We also played dominoes and when we got home I took a walk and the kids did homework.

Taking the day off tomorrow grin

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Well, this week is going by pretty uneventful. Tonight, went to a college fair to collect information from schools around the Midwest. There were about 150 colleges/universities with their representatives to answer any questions you have. It was a good place to start looking for schools which S16 might be interested attending. I told S16 he’ll have to come with next time. W was planning on going then called me after work to let me know she was not feeling well and could not make it. She told me she is depressed and her body hurts all over and she cannot wait till December 26, so the holidays are over. I just listened and told her I would get as much information as I could from as many schools I thought S16 would be interested in. I didn't say anything about the holidays as I'm not sure what we are going to do. We are planning to discuss the holiday schedule over Halloween weekend.

I'm a little down as our anniversary is coming up on Saturday and I’m trying to plan things to do that day. frown Plus, this rainy weather is not helping. I’m thinking of giving her a card with a few words in there about our kids and acknowledging this day. As I know without her and our M we would not have these 2 great boys. I know I will go to church and then need to bake cookies for my niece’s christening which is on Sunday. I am looking forward to celebrating her first special day!! grin

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
G
G
Originally Posted By: ppenton
I'm a little down as our anniversary is coming up on Saturday and I’m trying to plan things to do that day. frown Plus, this rainy weather is not helping. I’m thinking of giving her a card with a few words in there about our kids and acknowledging this day. As I know without her and our M we would not have these 2 great boys. I know I will go to church and then need to bake cookies for my niece’s christening which is on Sunday. I am looking forward to celebrating her first special day!! grin

Sorry for the doldrums you have. Has to be tough. But, you have something to look forward to with your neice's christening. So, focus on that and try not to allow yourself to be bummed out on your anniversary Easier said than done, I know. But, you do control what you feel and think.

FYI, my anniversary is six days after your's.

Last edited by givingitmyall; 10/16/09 03:43 AM.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
givingitmyall - Thank you, I am looking forward to Sunday and I even have my neice's picture hanging up on my cube wall next to my boys. Looking up and seeing their faces always puts a smile on mine. grin

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Today, work was much better and I was in a better mood.
After work went to the high school football game and met up with W and she gave me a ride home as I walked to the game. Before I got out of the van she asked me to stop by the famers market where she works on Saturdays as she wanted to see me on our anniversary. I told her I'd try to stop by (didn't tell I already planned to at least see her tomorrow).
She also told me one reason she is so depressed is that she doesn't know what to about "us" and she is carrying around a lot of guilt. I just said that I know that its very hard right now.

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Today was our 17th anniversary and this is the first time we did not celebrate it together but last night she asked me to come to her work today. So, after church I went to see her and I gave her a card (which I wrote a note; it was not a typical anniversary card) and a rose and we spent about an hour together talking and she even hugged me a couple of times. It was very nice and she told me she is still struggling with our situation and she feels very guilty. We hugged then I left and came home and had lunch with S16. Then went for a bike ride and then had dinner with my parents and finally baked cookies for my niece’s baptism tomorrow. Overall, I had a good day, much better than I was anticipating during the week.

"Those who trust in the Lord will find new strength, They will soar high on wings like eagles, They will run and not grow weary, They will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
The baptism went well even with 10 babies lined up!
My niece was awake and didn’t even cry when the priest poured water on her. After the ceremony and pictures, we went to my parents house for lots of good food and drink. We watched football, talked and played cards, it was a lot of fun. Back at work today and very tired smile

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Found this the other day and its helping me stay strong:

Don't Quit by Anonymous

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and its turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When they might have won, had they stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit!

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Today was long day at work, rain is getting old. But had a good night with the kids and my niece grin

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard