Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 112 of 132 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 131 132
G
G
Hi Dia

Absolutely fantastic news, I am sooooooo happy for you. Yes, you have a lot of hard work ahead of you, same as me, but it is so much easier when you both are working for the same goal.

Trying to keep hope alive
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Re: letting him call the shots re: his mother. Well, I have a few things to be grumpy about myself where she's concerned (on top of the whole WTF does she think she's doing to my H and her own ^$@#* grandson?!!), so no contact may well be a good thing for awhile. And he didn't just come out with a 'don't talk to my mother' rule. I said that his sister was advocating making peace-offerings toward her, but his father was telling me not to, so what was his take?

I agree that she has issues, and for whatever reason, I'm triggering them. It's also easier to demonize me than to admit that maybe her baby boy did something to merit my leaving.

I am capable of making peace with her, but I'm not going to throw myself under a bus to do it. There are some things I need to say (even if she doesn't hear them) , and some boundaries that need to be set. But I think, all in all, that I probably agree with no contact for now.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ahhhh, Crappity.

SIL just called H in a tizzy. It's their 2nd talk today, so most likely this means that MIL has just cornered SIL to go apesh&t about me.

Oy!

Poor H.

Poor SIL.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
'nother thought, though the humor is fairly dark...

Hey, at least there is now someone who is CLEARLY more 'demanding and unreasonable' than I am!!

G
G
Dia,

My mother sounds somewhat like your MIL. My $0.02 worth is to stay out of it. This is H's problem to deal with. Just support your H.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
G
G
Dia,
Originally Posted By: Dia
Hey, at least there is now someone who is CLEARLY more 'demanding and unreasonable' than I am!!
Very funny! And a great PMA!
Stay away from Mama. You can't win, there. Don't get sucked into the drama she orchestrates.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

K
K
Stay cool, baby, stay cool. Stay the beautiful wife and partner who has his back.

(I have no doubt you have things to say, but you'll get the chance to say them later.)

I think it's really positive that he took the initiative to call around and verify that you were back together. He gets points from me for that.

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes.
Real boats rock." -- Frank Herbert
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yeah, thanks, everyone.

That's one Crazy Train I'm not getting on.

/cue Johnny Cash

I hear the train a' comin'
It's rollin' round the bend.

L
L
She may be serious, but she is underestimating the power of reverse psychology.

Reverse psychology is a persuasion technique involving the false advocacy of a belief or behavior contrary to the belief or behavior which is actually being advocated. This technique relies on the psychological phenomenon of reactance, in which a person has a negative emotional response in reaction to being persuaded, and thus chooses the option which is being advocated against.
It is often used on children due to their lack of psychological understanding and higher rate of reactance.

K
K
Or, in this instance:

Whoever looks, sounds, and acts more bat-sh*t-crazy, demanding, and needy is probably going to come out of this the loser.

Last edited by Kettricken; 10/12/09 01:03 AM.

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes.
Real boats rock." -- Frank Herbert
Page 112 of 132 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard