Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26
P
P
I've had season tickets to the musical theatre or series for years without BF. I love them (did them in hs, college and community theatre; try to go to NY or London every year) and BF does not. But it wasn't something I would ever give up for him! There were other things that I'm taking back. wink

So Wicked will be here next month and I'm still debating whether or not to go. I want to see it, have read the book, but really wanted to see it in NY. I've had bad luck with touring productions and not sure I want to risk it. But it's still sold out every time I'm in NY and I don't want to pay full price for it there. Sigh.

Hmm, it doesn't really surprise me that H has dropped the ball since he isn't the picture of responsibility. But I would have expected him to be pushing a lot harder due to his actions/words from this summer. Whatever!

Have fun at the theatre SF! laugh

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
S
OP Offline
S
Oh, I'd much rather see the original productions in NY. But our performance complex is actually one of the best in the Southeast and they bring in great shows every year.

I've just always had excuse after excuse not to go. It's 40 minutes away, can't afford it, no one wants to go with me, etc., etc.

I did see Legally Blond last spring and Spamalot too (hilarious!).

Spending nearly $300 this week for 4 shows was about much more than that - it's about taking charge of my life and not putting off what I want to do. I actually can't wait to go by myself.

I don't get to see Wicked until after Christmas. The first one in a few months is South Pacific - "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair" - yeah!

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Bomb & moved out 4/07 "My feelings have changed" & "I want to live by myself".
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

P
P
Yeah, I've gone by myself for the last two seasons. I see no point in not doing it just because I can't find someone else to go with me. This used to be about the only thing I was comfortable doing alone but now I'm up for just about anything. I figure I'll meet people there or I'll enjoy it enough by myself otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Yep, wash that man right outta your hair! laugh

S
OP Offline
S
"I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair and send him on his way".

Which begs the question - how do I send him on his way when he's already gone? Going on 5 months now. Well last year we went 7 months with NC.

I like what someone said on another thread - "I'm done with my H, he just doesn't know it yet". I feel the same way. If he ever bothers to call or show up again he will get a whole new vibe from me.

No word from my L either. I keep thinking maybe this week - then the week is gone. I'll have to call L soon though. The retirement money we cashed over the summer is almost gone and I will need H's half of the mortgage and joint credit bills by the end of November.

Which begs more questions: Does H have a job? Will he be able to pay his half of OUR bills? Can he pay for a D? Are he and Catbitch still going strong? And finally - WHAT THE HELL IS HE THINKING?

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

M
mlj Offline
M

Silver Fox ~

My sentiments exactly!

WHAT THE HE!! IS HE THINKING!

Mine doesn't want me to have anything in the D.
Probably wants the skank to have my share.
Request made by her I'm sure.

* Won't he be surprised!
I have a L he doesn't.

MJ

P
P
Silver,

I think you should definitely contact your L to see wth is going on. Bills need to be paid and H is responsible for doing so!

BF and I started taking Lindy Hop classes. If I could afford it, I'd be taking dance classes all week!

S
OP Offline
S
Wow, the Lindy Hop - will he have to toss you in the air and swing you between his legs? Or maybe that's the Jitterbug.

MLJ - Thanks for posting. Remember, you're still the Queen and the skank is still, well, the skank. Have you thought of just kicking him out of the house and see what he does with that?

I sent my L an email Wednesday telling him H and I have had no contact since August, the money H cashed from his retirement over the summer is just about gone, he's abandoned all house upkeep/repairs since moving to NC in May, and I will need mortgage/bills help starting mid November. I asked if he or H's L can get in touch with H to make sure he will start paying his share.

As of today I've not had a response from L. Now I have to deal with an AWOL L as well as an AWOL H? How rude not to even acknowledge receiving my email!

On another note, I've been on FB for a few months. I just have a few friends, including H's mom and sister, but I rarely post to them. H was on years ago when it first started up. In fact, I'm sure that's how he and OW began their EA. Then he stopped -hasn't been on in almost two years.

Tonight H posted two comments to his sister. I can see it since I'm her "friend". Very weird to see something he wrote when I haven't spoken to him since early August. She was complaining about the new News Feed - he agreed and said he can't figure out the new format. I so want to post "Well, can you figure out how to get a job and pay your half of the bills?" Would that be bad DB'ing? grin

I'm reading Pat Conroy's new book - South of Broad. He says "marriage is an institution that can breed hostility and indifference when none is justified". Hmmm

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

S
OP Offline
S
Well, my L emailed today and said he's waiting to hear from H's L.
Then, what do you know - I get this pitiful email from H. First contact since August.

If you have a moment this evening, please read and translate this tale of woe and any suggestions on how to respond?!
Quote:
I have spent the last 4 months sending out literally hundreds of resumes in every field I am even potentially qualified for and it came to absolutely nothing. I could not even get an interview for a public school teaching job--not even as a teacher's assistant! In the meantime, I started an informal handy man and lawn care business that allowed me to make just enough cash to pay my bills until you started sending me the one's you had been paying. Once the grass stopped growing the calls dried up so things went from bad to worse over the last few weeks. I am down to nothing.

Fortunately, things have finally taken a turn for the better. I have been offered three sections of public speaking at (name of local college) in the spring that should make just enough money to pay your alimony. Better yet, I have applied for a full time position at (another community college) but I have no idea whether I will get it.

I had to turn my cell phone off a couple weeks ago because of the bill collectors but at that point I had still heard nothing from my attorney so I'm not sure where things stand at the moment. I called him this morning and gave him a landline number to contact me. It's probably too late now, but if there are any further chances to forward my # and address to bill collectors etc could you please use my cell and P.O. Box?

Anyway, I'm sure the money I already gave you from the retirement is almost gone, and since I don't yet have other income, I am going to need to spend more of the retirement to pay you. I put in an order to sell $10,000 of my retirement fund but I haven't mailed it yet. For whatever reason, it didn't require your signature this time. I am going to call and make sure and try and get that done very soon.

I have also been waiting to decide on bankruptcy in hopes I got a miracle job that allowed me to avoid it, but with the hospital bill I just don't think it's possible. So, I have a meeting with a bankruptcy attorney tomorrow. I'm sorry I haven't been able to come to take care of the yard but I'm afraid to even drive my truck to the grocery store with 236,000 miles on it. Plus, I could never afford to get the registration. That's also why I haven't been able to visit Florida (where his mom lives) since last Christmas.

In sum, it has been a very sucky few months but if I can get this college job, I think I can finally begin to get back on track. Hope all is as well as can be expected with you. I don't know if you want to handle the $ I owe you through the attorneys or if we can work out something until the finally hearing. Let me know.

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

C
C
Sounds like he has had it rough -- a lot of people have -- and he's hoping to get back on track.

I don't read much here other than a straight forward accounting of events.

What do you see?

Me: 47, Ds 17-13, D final 6-11
http://tinyurl.com/yk4e2tz
http://tiny.cc/thread2
http://tinyurl.com/ydtphqu
http://tinyurl.com/thread4
http://tinyurl.com/3sm78k6
http://tinyurl.com/thread6
K
K
Oh, boo-f*cking hoo! Maybe he should have thought of that.

I'm calling bullsh!t here, especially the part about not needing your sig for the retirement fund. Since when?

Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard