Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 31 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 30 31
W
W
Hi FLTC, I have absolutely nothing lawyer-like to add...just a neighbourly greeting! I hope all is well.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
H
H
FL,

So many of us don't get by this site any longer, but I'm thinking about you and your D. It should be nearing the end and I hope all works out. Just remember that there are no winners in a divorce. It's a lose-lose situation. The only thing we can do is protect ourselves as best we can. Then we have to proceed with what we have left.

From what I've read, you seem to be transitioning well. I hope that keeps you grounded.

C
C
Hey FLTC, if you read this, or anyone who had an spouse in the army, I had some questions. A friend of mine has been in an semi-abusive M and wants to D, her H took her name off the acct and barely gives her money for food, seems like he tells her he wont'give her anything, she is trying to look for a job. They used to live here but on summer they moved to Japan for his transfer, she wants to come back but has no money. I did tell her to try DB but it seems it's too late for it, she tried it all and he still drinks and has left her a few times already.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
cat, it would be more helpful to know a little more about her situation. Army? Marines? If he is abusive, there are a number of ideas that I have. Let me know.

MY TRIAL HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO MAYBE FEBRUARY OR MARCH!!! FML!!!
STBX GOT A NEW ATTORNEY...WHAT A SHOCK. SPECIAL MASTERS WAS SCHEDULED FOR TOMORROW, BUT HER ATTORNEY ASKED FOR AN EXTENSION AND GOT IT. THE TRIAL WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 14 OCTOBER, BUT IT MAY BE CONTINUED TO FEBRUARY OR MARCH.....WTF.....? IS THIS NORMAL?

F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
cat, it would be more helpful to know a little more about her situation. Army? Marines? If he is abusive, there are a number of ideas that I have. Let me know.

STBX GOT A NEW ATTORNEY...WHAT A SHOCK. SPECIAL MASTERS WAS SCHEDULED FOR TOMORROW, BUT HER ATTORNEY ASKED FOR AN EXTENSION AND GOT IT. THE TRIAL WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 14 OCTOBER, BUT IT MAY BE CONTINUED TO FEBRUARY OR MARCH.....WTF.....? IS THIS NORMAL?

S
S
Originally Posted By: FLTC

This is total BS. It seems that some of the east coast states have a pretty messed up system for family law. FaithIsBelieving over in MLC has been been going through a similar long drawn-out divorce process in New York.

Is there any way to get the lawyers working back and forth to come to a fair agreement so as to avoid trial. But it may be that your LTBXW refuses to hear the reality that her L suggests and she is the one throwing a wrench into the system.

F
FLTC Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Kerry,

Thanks for the post. Yeah, I don't get it. I was five days away from getting this done, and this happens, sending the date 6 MONTHS OUT!!!! WTH?

C
C
yikes! sorry to hear that. Wth does she gain by postponing it? that is absurd!

He is in the army, they have 2 kids, they recently sold all their stuff in the states and moved to Japan, she was a stay at home mom who had a part time now and then. He isn't abusive per se, but he had a drinking problem and she wants out.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
M
M
Too bad about the postponement. Maybe your wife will make the new lawyer crazy, too, and things will go faster. How is GW?
Your children?

(((FLTC)))

G
G
Hey FL..

Is this her second or third lawyer? Last October, my former spouse fired his lawyer a few weeks before we were supposed to go to Special Masters and hired a very expensive one. The trial date was pushed back to mid to late January to allow his attorney to get up to speed on the case. Court just about grinds to a halt because of all the holidays in that time period.

Who is her new lawyer? Make sure that you are not paying her legal fees, that whatever she owes comes out of her part of the settlement. I didn't push for that and ended up being responsible for half. Ask your lawyer what your strategy should be. Push for the settlement that works for you. Divorce is a lose/lose scenario.

*hugs*

Page 11 of 31 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 30 31

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard