Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
D
D
Sleeper,

Sounds like your X still wants to control you. I am glad that you stood up to her during your scheduled week with your children.

Now, concerning your LF, that's crazy if she threatened to break you two up. She can't stand to see you be happy.

Let her words go in one ear and out the other. Be strong and continue to be there for your children.

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
I'd stick to the visitation schedule from now on.

Since she has the kids this week I'll make myself very scarce (I've only been scarce). It's a start.

Quote:
Did LF take it badly?

Yeah. We had a bit of a blowup (I was stressed from phone spew with X which interfered with our plans resulting in a fuss) and she actually suggested we call it quits. Although we discussed our sitch very calmly and we both know it will never work there is a part of her that I can tell doesn't want to let go. She is a truly good person and a beautiful woman. I don't want to lose her as a friend but sense that is what will have to happen. I guess that means there is a part of me that doesn't want to let go either.

Last edited by sleeper; 10/06/09 12:47 AM.

"Fear is the mind-killer" Muad'Dib
Me 53, XW 44, DD 14, DS 12
Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
X married OM(OMH) 08/2009
Married 06/09/13
S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Sounds like your X still wants to control you....that's crazy if she threatened to break you two up. She can't stand to see you happy.

Ah, the analysis.....

X has MAJOR control issues as diagnosed by C. I have learned these are generally born of insecurities. Yes indeed, she threatened to break us up.

She suggested I date another lady two a weeks ago. I have not posted this but she commented, "You'll have fun" if I went out with this other lady (major turnoff). She also asked me if I was in love with Ladyfriend.

I'm not sure if she;

1)Can't stand to se me happy (isn't happy herself?).
2)Doesn't want me dating someone with kids (what she claims).
3)Wants me available if she changes her mind (OMH's fortune from his cookie said "Don't change anything about you." which he immediately shoved into X's face last week at the unexpected dysfunctional dinner). Hmmmmmmm.

The only thing I am sure of is that SHE is STILL the center of her own universe as she bemoaned her pain the weeks when she doesn't have the children and how "hard this has all been" on her. She forgot she wanted me to take the kids asap at separation as she was interested only in the single party life. I responded joint custody has been hard on all of us including the children as they were standing in front of us at the time of the discussion. The kids agreed, nodding their heads. Point made (and its significance immediately lost) upon X.

Whatever.

I have a fall project which happens to be ME.

I know what I need to do.

I'm doing it.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
F
F
Sleeper, I like your last two lines. You and me both.

I will also work on GAL. I have been lonely and need to build a new social life.

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
She just called.

I didn't answer.

Enough said.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
F
F
Originally Posted By: sleeper
She just called.

I didn't answer.

Enough said.

Actions speak louder than words. You just shouted.

Current Thread

D
D
Originally Posted By: sleeper
[quote]She suggested I date another lady two a weeks ago. I have not posted this but she commented, "You'll have fun" if I went out with this other lady (major turnoff). She also asked me if I was in love with Ladyfriend.

The lady she is trying to set you up with must not be a threat to her. Run my friend.

Me- 31 yrs old

Her- 33 yrs old

S- 3 yrs old

Bomb- 4/ 09

Moved out- 6/ 09
D
D
I have some questions for you. Why do you care what the hell your ex thinks, feels, says? Who cares why she wants to break up you and your gf or that she tells you you should date?

She is still the center of YOUR universe.

Sleeper, move the heck on. You can still stand, if you choose, but, really, you are way too far up in her stuff, man.

You need to live your life and let her live hers. You should only be talking regarding the children. And then only if there is a problem.

Move forward and embrace this journey. Learn what you can about you, grow, change, teach and love your children.

Live YOUR life.

A
A
Write her off for the time being... if she sh*t-cans OMH in the future, then you can revisit your R with her (if you still want to). I'm glad you're finally putting yourself front and center!

F
F
Sleeper,

Remember the bike analogy? You have been doing all the peddling. Stop peddling.

That's just about where I am.

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard