Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 101 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 100 101
B
OP Offline
B
Wife just came home to pack for her business trip. I was upbeat, friendly and spoke briefly with her. I got dressed for my morning walk, said an upbeat "bye" and left the house before she did. Every natural instinct was to stay in the house and try to spend a few minutes with her. But I didn't. I kept my DB principles in my head and acted the way I should, not the way I wanted. I take pride in those little things.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

Loving Marriage #2 with the perfect person.

B
OP Offline
B
Wife has been gone for almost a full day and no contact from her. I am keeping my promise to myself not to contact while she is away on business. Just had to come here and type that out to make sure I live it.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

D
Dia Offline
D
Hang in there, Indy. Stay the course. You're doing fine.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
D
D
Keep it up, I bet she is starting to wonder what the hell is going on.

Burt

B
OP Offline
B
Advice needed on what to say tonight....

...when my wife comes home from her business trip and says something like "you didn't call or text me while I was away"

How about "and neither did you" - and then walk away?

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

V
V
How about if she says that you just say "I figured you'd be busy with work".

Quote:
How about "and neither did you" - and then walk away?

That sort of sounds childish to me.

Me:40
W: 39
T: 17 years
M: 15 years
S-9
D-6
D final 11/10/2009

"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems."

D
D
Do not respond that way, I like volleydog's response. Deflect it by asking her about her trip, and listen, be interested and end the convo first.

Burt

B
OP Offline
B
She didn't even ask. She just called me for no real reason, since we have not spoke since she went out of town on business a couple days ago. I made a point of not being the first to contact. I also just reached one of my goals (kinda) - to have her call me for no specific reason. I keep kinda making my goals - but there is always a bit of a condition.

She then called back to see if I was ok with going to Thanksgving dinner at her father's house. We are somewhat estranged from him, but she thought I might be "uncomfortable cosnidering our situation". I simply said "we should go" since this will definitely be her ailing Grandmother's last Thanksgiving (if she can even make it). In reference to our situation, I said "life goes on".

A short time later I called wife back with great news. I finally found our family a new doctor - but my wife is the one who really needs one and the search was 99% for her. She gave me a real "Thank You".

Not a bad hour or so?????????

When we are home together tonight, I will be my usual upbeat, happy guy but still give her space.

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

B
OP Offline
B
I forgot to ask....

Anybody have a great greeting that I can use when I walk in the door tonight? Something that conveys I missed her, am glad to see her - but does not sound needy?

50 years old.

Ontario, Canada

B
B
Originally Posted By: Indy36
I forgot to ask....

Anybody have a great greeting that I can use when I walk in the door tonight? Something that conveys I missed her, am glad to see her - but does not sound needy?

Hi!

Me-42,H-41,M-14
S-12,9

Previous thread
Page 12 of 101 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard