Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Mach1 #1846789 09/29/09 03:29 PM
A
A
Don't do it. Ask her to stop this nonsense. Be firm but polite. And tell her to butt out of your personal life while you're at it.

I hate to see you hurting yourself.

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
I hate to see you hurting yourself.

It no longer hurts. What at one time was continuous pain has faded to a very occasional twinge.

I really do now see myself as a Quixotic figure. I didn't realize how appropriate the metaphor was when I chose it for this thread title.

Funny how insightful our own sub-conscious minds are.

Last edited by sleeper; 09/29/09 04:11 PM.

"Fear is the mind-killer" Muad'Dib
Me 53, XW 44, DD 14, DS 12
Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
X married OM(OMH) 08/2009
Married 06/09/13
K
K
Yeah, well that's not a story that ended happily, as I recall.

MATCHING COSTUMES???? ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME????

This puts the "diss" in "dysfunctional".

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes.
Real boats rock." -- Frank Herbert
F
F
I now have followed along with poor Sleeper enough to recognize his deadpan humor (I think) so I think the absurdity of it all is quite clear to him.

But just in case: Not only should you not do the costumes, you shouldn't party with her at ALL.

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
..so I think the absurdity of it all is quite clear to him.

Thank you.

I have Phd in absurdity.

Quote:
Not only should you not do the costumes, you shouldn't party with her at ALL.

I dunno.

I found myself at dinner with X, OMH and both DS and DD tonight quite by accident. I was taking some sports equipment to X as she had texted me she had the kids and was on the way to practice. They weren't where I expected to meet them but a few doors down at a resturant in a strip mall. I was totally unaware OMH was with them. She asked if I wanted to order as their food had yet to be served. I declined but did sit down at the table with them. I sat at their table while they ate dinner and had cordial conversation with them.

I SWEAR I DON'T MAKE UP THIS SH*T!

C mentioned it was unfortunate I haven't kept a diary as I could write a book of my experiences through it all. I informed him I had two three-ring binders I threw away when I moved this past summer (attempting to let some of this "go"). He dropped his face into his hands.

I may go to the Halloween party. I'm becoming an observer. I wanted to be an Anthropoligist when I graduated from high School. This must be similar to living within a subject culture.

X told me she has signed the kids up for private sports lessons and asked if I would take them tomorrow as she will be working. She went on to tell me the lessons are at the facility where the man who raped our D would practice the same sport. The last time either of us were there was when we confronted him (one of two confrontations for me) seven years ago. I jokingly asked if I could carry a gun as I did when I went there last time. The only reason I didn't use it was because I still had enought doubt/denial in my mind that I didn't feel justified. By the time I knew what he had done she made me promise I wouldn't kill him on the way to the second confrontation. I can only hope his experiences in prison have made him wish I would have.

Quote:
...poor Sleeper...

You consideration is kind but misplaced.

Through these rich experiences I have become wealthy beyond measure (and if the IRS could find a way to measure it they would sure as h*ll tax it).

Come Sancho! Dulcinea awaits!

(musical interlude)

Last edited by sleeper; 09/30/09 03:50 AM.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
G
G
Quote:
She went on to tell me the lessons are at the facility where the man who raped our D would practice the same sport.

Does he still practice there? How does your D feel about this?

I gotta tell you if he's going to be around there, I'd have serious reservations about D going.

Just an outsider looking in ........ I would agree with Grace and I would have a very hard time going to a Halloween party with my ex and his new wife and the kids.......dinner would be out also.

I uhhhh should just walk away I suppose.

....Understand, that I can't, not be what I am
I'm not the milk, and Cheerios in your spoon
~ Avril Lavigne ~
..."Nobody's Fool"...

me=ok /D'd since 7/07
D=ok
S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
How does your D feel about this?

No, he's in prison. I can't remember exactly but I believe he was given 25 years and by now may be eligible for parole in about 10 years. If a plea bargin hadn't have been struck and he had been convicted on what he actually did he could have received the death penalty.

DD has no knowledge of any of this as she was ~3yrs and DS 1yr when what I described transpired. Neither she nor DS have ever been there. The kids will love the place. Lots of children recieving coaching in their sport and elementary age cheerleading clinics.

That's why he would go there.

Last edited by sleeper; 09/30/09 01:42 PM.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
...dinner would be out also.

This thought shot through my mind in relation to OMH:

"Thou preparest a table before mine enemies..."

I gotta find my cup.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
G
G
Whew! I was gettin' worried about you.

It may be me, but the dinner and party thing would be out. I know me and for me that would be a bad idea. I'm not sure it's a good idea for anybody.

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard