Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 48 of 87 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 86 87
D
OP Offline
D
LR, that sounds like a wonderful idea. I think back to earlier days when H and I did lots of those surprise things and how much fun we had. I think it's true that those surprises and joys in life often get lost in the busy lives we lead. Make the time and just do it!

D
OP Offline
D
Nell, for me the empty beach is the most peaceful and serene. Picture yourself as this peaceful and serene being and nurture those feelings for as long as you can.

G
G
Hi Cas

I noticed the response in your H's reply to and I think that is a huge positive. As they say it is the baby steps and I think that is one.

Hope you are well Cas.

Trying to keep hope alive
D
OP Offline
D
Yeah Oz, I thought the 'thanks also' indicated that he enjoyed the walk and leaves it open for me to issue another invitation.

Today however, he emailed to ask for my PO key. Not sure why; is it just a sign that he's wrapping everything up? I don't care too much since I never use it.

I'm doing well health wise Oz; feeling stronger and managing to walk a little faster. How about you?

G
G
Hi Cas

Glad you are getting stronger each day, just keep being kind to yourself as you have been.

I wouldn't worry too much about what he has asked for, I think just focus on the small positive outcome of your walk together, only worry about the positives try to ignore the negatives if you can.

I am doing well, have my six month checkup with the cardiologist next week, feeling good so should be okay, just hope I don'thave to go back on the blood thinners I hate the bruising they cause so much, not a pretty sight.

(((((Cas)))))

D
OP Offline
D
Oz, I hate the follow ups. I see the oncologist every 6 months and the surgeon every 6. Those visits come around awfully quickly. Althought I know in my heart I am healthy there's always the 'what if' in the back of my mind as I wait to see them, esp the onc.

H has also requested me to update(justify) the amount I would like him to pay in child support. As we have no financial settlemtn yet I am wondering if I should push ahead on that score just so that it's no longer hanging over my head and I know that there is no ulterior motive in being friends. It would also show I am moving on....a 180.

Read your posts to Dia and feeling envious!! wink

G
G
Hey Cas, I think your follow ups would be far more stressful than mine, but it is amazing how quickly time goes, it only seems like yesterday I was in hospital.

That's a big thing to do Cas and is something you should only do if you are comfortable with that, as I didn't have to go down a financial settlement path I don't know what to say. Do you want your H to think you are moving on or just moving forward with your life at the present?

D
OP Offline
D
I just think the settlement sits like a huge elephant in the middle of the room. We haven't settled because we still have a business. Perhaps if it were all wrapped up H and I would feel free of this noose around our necks.

I know H and I do get along well. We have always beeen friends but our friendship just got lost with the frantic pace of life.

G
G
I think that is the case with most people here, life gets in the way of relationships, we don't pay enough attention to them until things go so wrong that we end up here.

Do you think if the financial settlement was done and dusted that you and your H would have a better chance to rekindle the friendship hopefully leading back to an R? Do you think that that is what is driving a wedge between the two of you at present?

I wouldn't make a rash decision just yet, think about it a bit more, you wouldn't want to go one way or the other without thinking of all pros and cons and have an even bigger wedge driven between you.

E
E
I'm with Oz, Cas. Take some time to think about settlement - it's pretty final once it's done. Forgive me if you have already mentioned this but have you considered mediation re the settlement?

What does H want to do about the business?

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
Page 48 of 87 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 86 87

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard