Print Thread
Page 99 of 132 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 131 132
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi, everyone,

Thank you for stopping in. smile

I woke up on a blue funk this morning, not really sure why. Does anyone else ever just wake up ooky for little-to-no apparent reason? Anyway, went through the whole Monday-get-everyone-out-the-door stuff and was chatting with H when we got back from dropping off kidlet.

He commented that he liked me walking with him every morning. That was nice. Over breakfast, I remarked that I'd woken up 'off' - sad and vulnerable. He put his plate down immediately, walked around the bar and hugged me long and tight from behind.

<blink, blink>

Wow.

Last night he was super-appreciative of the chili, the cornbread and the little box I brought from the amazing bakery next to the grocery store. Napoleans and other treats from that store were courtship staples for us. For kidlet, I brought a huge ghost cookie with BOO! written on it in icing.

We didn't get our date on Saturday, though, and Sunday evening once kidlet was in bed, he went back to his computer. (/cue replay of old tapes) I read a book, and within 45 mins, he came to snuggle on the couch with me while reading a book of his own. And we snuggled close in bed, too.

Not sure if it was any of that stuff or just the ol' Limboland shuffle that set me off this morning - or possibly I just woke up funny.

<Shrug> I have a plate full of work today, so I'd best get to it. I need a GAL hit, tho, so I'll try to plan something this week.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
E
E
Originally Posted By: Dia

Does anyone else ever just wake up ooky for little-to-no apparent reason?

Yep. We've all been through so much that sometimes an under-lying "ooky" pops up Even when things are going well. It happens to me sometimes like that. Sometimes it can hit me just walking through a store. No trigger. Things may even be OK at home (for that minute) but...well...you waid it best with "ooky."

Me: 35
W: 31
S:9
M: 10 years
Together 13
MySitch - Ups & Downs
She moved out the day before Thanksgiving 2009, over 13 months post-bomb.
B
B
But it sounds like things are going really well and H's response its positive. Remember that while you get through the funk.

We all have mixed feelings here - it is so normal to feel up and down ourselves in the midst of wondering what the heck is going on in our R.

Me: 42
Him: 43

Two divorcees in a relationship
E
E
Ooky? Makes me think of the Adam's Family.

*Mysterious and spooky, they're all together ooky...The Adam's Family*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFD7KGBUtKI

Together 13
MySitch - Ups & Downs
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Energizer Bunny
Ooky? Makes me think of the Adam's Family.

*Mysterious and spooky, they're all together ooky...The Adam's Family*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFD7KGBUtKI

Ba dada DUM

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
E
E
Thank you! Shows at 7 and 9. Cd's available in the lobby.

Dont' forget to try the veal...

Together 13
MySitch - Ups & Downs
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
...of the bells.

My new boss is getting married mid-December, and while updating H on some work-related dates (business dinner Weds. I'll be out til 7 or 8), I gave him the date of her wedding, said we all were invited and there would be other kids kidlet's age there.

His response: Kewl. I've got it calendared.

E
E
nice!

Together 13
MySitch - Ups & Downs
G
G
All brilliant stuff Dia. I think everyone wakes up sometimes just not feeling right, I know I do occasionally, thankfully thought it only last a day and then you are right again.

Trying to keep hope alive
D
D
Glad to hear it's still going smoothly. Congratulations on your ongoing patience and commitment, and of course, your cooking and your sense of fun!

Page 99 of 132 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard