Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 53 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 52 53
F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Going for a camping sleepover up in the mountains with D14 as she has no school tomorrow. We're going to arrive before sunset, enjoy the night stars and come back in the morning as I have work I have to do. It'll be fun, just the two of us.

Current Thread

D
D
Sounds like fun, Frank!! I hope you have an AWESOME time!!

M:June 28,2008
H:Awesome Man!
S:28
SS:25
SS:21
D:19
S:16

"Love Never Fails!"

"God doesn't take anything out of our lives without replacing it with something far better." -Billy Graham
G
G
May you see plenty of shooting stars smile

I love to star gaze.

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Well, D14 decided she was too tired to go. Sigh. Still a nice night here in southern California.

Current Thread

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: frank_D
Out of the blue STBX called me yesterday because, she said, she felt compelled to let me know that she appreciates all the time I spent with her teaching her how to use a computer. Said that she knows it was hard for me to be patient because she was afraid she couldn't learn how to make brochures, use e-mail and other things to promote her massage business.

She said she's grateful I didn't give up on her because now she is very comfortable doing these things.

I really didn't know what to say, so I remembered what BrandNewDay told me the other day, that they are often looking for approval or some other kind of positive response, so I thanked her for her comments. Then I said Good Bye

I was talking to a friend about this peculiar phone call I posted about. We were both agreeing that one doesn't make a call to thank their ex for teaching them how to use computers and programs for desktop publishing 'out of the blue'.

How many times do you feel 'compelled' to call someone to thank them for something they did for you 3 years ago?

Especially someone you are divorcing, and painting a picture of a 'poor alcoholic you couldn't live with and now you're so much happier with OM' to anyone who will listen?

Moment of clarity? Or more likely she was having trouble with one of those programs and wanted to call me to help her but realized later she couldn't because I wouldn't help her any more.

It's just bizarre.

Current Thread

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Visualize how you want your life to be regardless of the actions of others.

Current Thread

A
A
Out of the blue STBX called me yesterday because, she said, she felt compelled to let me know that she appreciates all the time I spent with her teaching her how to use a computer. Said that she knows it was hard for me to be patient because she was afraid she couldn't learn how to make brochures, use e-mail and other things to promote her massage business.

She said she's grateful I didn't give up on her because now she is very comfortable doing these things.

I really didn't know what to say, so I remembered what BrandNewDay told me the other day, that they are often looking for approval or some other kind of positive response, so I thanked her for her comments. Then I said Good Bye

I was talking to a friend about this peculiar phone call I posted about. We were both agreeing that one doesn't make a call to thank their ex for teaching them how to use computers and programs for desktop publishing 'out of the blue'.

How many times do you feel 'compelled' to call someone to thank them for something they did for you 3 years ago?

Especially someone you are divorcing, and painting a picture of a 'poor alcoholic you couldn't live with and now you're so much happier with OM' to anyone who will listen?

Moment of clarity? Or more likely she was having trouble with one of those programs and wanted to call me to help her but realized later she couldn't because I wouldn't help her any more.

It's just bizarre.

In the last 3-5 years I can't tell you the number of people I've called to thank for things I didn't fully appreciate in years past.

The list includes my alcoholic ex.

Perhaps it's just good old-fashioned gratitude, Frank.

Better late than never, I say.

"Let anyone who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall"
1 Cor. 10:12
F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Amy40
In the last 3-5 years I can't tell you the number of people I've called to thank for things I didn't fully appreciate in years past.

Yeah, it's just weird how it comes up out of nowhere.

Another note. I still pay the health insurance for STBX, D14 and D18 because if I didn't they wouldn't have any. I am glad to do it.

Today, I sent STBX some forms to fill out to change the policy to a higher deductible and other mods to save money up front. It's a good deal since we don't get sick much and if we do, I end up with the deductible payment so she is not burdened.

Under 'marital status' she checked 'single'. Well, we're married still and that constitutes fraud. ANd in case you haven't been following the news, the insurance companies are cancelling policies because someone failed to say they had hurt their knee 10 years ago now they need knee surgery so they try to claim it is an 'existing condition'.

So, I texted STBX and said "When you check 'single' on applications that is fraud and if they catch it they can deny future coverage. I will do everything in my power to get you divorced before the end of October. Until then please stay within the law."

She replied "Ok". I sent her a 'thank you'.

All I have to do is get the financial statement done and she will be free. She just keeps doing these foolish things for whatever reason. She tells everyone she is divorced. I'm hurrying as best I can to get her divorced so I can be done with this cycle.

Current Thread

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Amy40

Have you figured out what the unfinished business you have is?
Ask God. He knows.

Current Thread

A
A

My business is concluding nicely, Frank.

"Let anyone who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall"
1 Cor. 10:12
Page 10 of 53 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 52 53

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard