Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 98 of 132 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 131 132
C
C
Originally Posted By: Lotus
Dia is the only person I know of who has a cheering section for when she goes to bed each night. Nice. But just a little odd!

I'm living vicariously through Dia.

D-12
S-9
S-8
B 5/08
S 1/09
G
G
Originally Posted By: C-Bart
Originally Posted By: Lotus
Dia is the only person I know of who has a cheering section for when she goes to bed each night. Nice. But just a little odd!

I'm living vicariously through Dia.

I think we all are!!!! laugh

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
H
H
many of us are living vicariously thru Dia!!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
LOL - you guys are a hoot!!

Lots of snuggles, caresses and soft words last night. The general flirting continues.

Example: I managed to get my hair caught in the zipper for my dress such that I needed help getting free. I called H in to help me, trying to angle toward the light so he could see how I was caught.

Dia: How do you want me?

H: Lean over the bed on your elbows. Now writhe and groan a little... <as his hands are very gently releasing my hair, ending with a playful hip thrust against my rear>

Still no verbal ILYs and no repeat of the kiss on the lips, but I can be patient. Everything about his manner and interaction with me tells me he loves me and wants to be a family again, so I'm believing that and not the lack of certain words.

It's funny, but he is most open when one or both of us are on the edge of sleep. If it's me who's half asleep, I must somehow seem less intimidating that way. And if it's him who's half asleep, the barriers must come down and he becomes very tender toward me.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I am making up a crockpot of chili today. I planned it early in the week, but the weather cooperated fabulously today. It's not cold by anyone's standards except for those of us here in SoCal where we break out the mittens and parkas if it drops below 55 degrees. The weather up until yesterday was sunny and quite warm, very Indian summer. Today, however, we are fogged in hard with mist so thick you can feel the individual droplets on your skin. H calls this "Dia weather".

The colder nights have triggered the autumn cycle in the garden, with many of our plants beginning to die back even though there's still fruit on the vine. We'll get a few more tomatoes, a few more squash and peppers, but soon we'll need to turn things under and plant winter crops - lettuces, onions, carrots, snow peas, etc.

We don't have a fireplace but I wish we did. Weather like today calls for a nice fire. I may invest in a chimnea/firepit for the deck, but if we ever do a significant remodel on this house a fireplace will be in my list of must-haves.

H really loves that I cook. When the onions hit the pan today he wandered in all sniffing and curious. We debated the finer points of css while we talked about de-glazing pans and the relative merits of stainless steel vs. cast iron. It was very... homey. Very settled in and cozy-feeling if that makes any sense.

I have to go out today for an errand or three, so hopefully I'll do it soon enough to pick up the fixins for corn bread. A good chili deserves corn bread with real butter. My culinary roots are a geographical melange. My mother's family is very Southern on her mother's side, with a dash of Pennsylvania and New Orleans on her father's side. My father's people are mid-western Scots-Irish to the core. And me, I waited tables in a Tex-Mex restaurant all through college and have welcomed California influences such as tri-tip, Asian fusion and Napa Valley wines. So despite the fact that is would turn my Southern relatives in their graves, I make a sweet cornbread when I make chili. For me, the sweet balances out the hot in the chili.

Last edited by Dia; 09/27/09 06:26 PM.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
B
B
Mmmmmmmmmm I love chili. At breakfast this morning, I mentioned making a big pot of it this week since the weather has cooled off. I make several different kinds and my fellas also like sweet corn bread with it, Dia.

Working on my grocery list as soon as I finish up here. Also think I might try that pork roast recipe substituted with a turkey tenderloin.

Funny how your posts have us all waiting to here what happens next, including what's for dinner. Bet you never knew you'd have so many people rooting for you, huh?

BIM
M 39 / H 40 / S 9 / S 6 / T 20 / M 11

my sitch: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1828127#Post1828127

G
G
Hi Dia

Since my H has decided to come back home and return to the land of the living I have been trying to follow some of your examples such as the conversations you have with your H with a hint of a sexual undertone to them, my H has responded really well to those conversations and I find the more I do it the easier it becomes and it adds a new dimension and some fun into our day. I think I am finding the minx that has been hidden deep within me. Thanks Dia

Love the chilli, could do with some now, it is freezing here at the moment, nothing like what Spring should be.

Trying to keep hope alive
O
O
Cooking! mmm...It would take a strong man to resist the Dia.

Originally Posted By: Dia
We debated the finer points of css...

O'dog likes this.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
B
B
Nice to wander into another thread on healing! smile Very happy to hear all the positive stuff and good tips-hope I can use them myself one day!!

T
T
Originally Posted By: Dia
@ Tristan

Hey, there,

Apologies for addressing you here instead of in your own thread, but I know you lurk so here goes.

Have you noticed that your thread seems to have a general lack of female voices in it? Watching your thread for awhile, it seems that when the women contribute, they often (not always) get the rough side of someone else's tongue. After a few go-rounds of that, they stop posting, though I'd bet they still read. Please don't take it personally because you're not the one doing it.

Here's my point: If your thread dwindles down to only two or three voices, you may be getting unintentional tunnel vision in terms of advice, insights, POVs, etc. If everything is working for you, that's absolutely fine and dandy. But in particular, if you want a female's POV, you'll probably need to go out of your way to get one as your thread (not *you*, your thread) doesn't seem to be a friendly place for a woman to express herself.

Tuck that in the back of your head somewhere and feel free to ask here if you ever need me.

Cheers,

Dia

Thank you Dia. I just got this. It was a busy weekend and I didn't have a chance to get on computer without W and girls around (that is a good thing smile ). And yes, I have recognized that I have received a somewhat slanted point of view. And it is something that has been tucked in the back of my mind. I may write more after I catch up with the other threads.

Thank you.

Me: 36, W: 33, M: 10 yrs
Bomb: 1/09, Seperated: 9/09, Piecing Begins: 10/09

My story: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...t=91&page=1
Page 98 of 132 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard