Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 96 of 132 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 131 132
B
B
Dia, I have to say I like your style, your...mojo..if you will.

I dedicate this happy hour song to you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5UkJOahbr4&feature=related

Me-42,H-41,M-14
S-12,9

Previous thread
S
S
Originally Posted By: breakaway
Dia, I have to say I like your style, your...mojo..if you will.

Me too!

Bunny

W42/H42/M20
S/19,D/17
On My Own: 11/28/09
C
C
Originally Posted By: Dia
@ Tristan

Hey, there,

Apologies for addressing you here instead of in your own thread, but I know you lurk so here goes.

Have you noticed that your thread seems to have a general lack of female voices in it? Watching your thread for awhile, it seems that when the women contribute, they often (not always) get the rough side of someone else's tongue. After a few go-rounds of that, they stop posting, though I'd bet they still read. Please don't take it personally because you're not the one doing it.

Here's my point: If your thread dwindles down to only two or three voices, you may be getting unintentional tunnel vision in terms of advice, insights, POVs, etc. If everything is working for you, that's absolutely fine and dandy. But in particular, if you want a female's POV, you'll probably need to go out of your way to get one as your thread (not *you*, your thread) doesn't seem to be a friendly place for a woman to express herself.

Tuck that in the back of your head somewhere and feel free to ask here if you ever need me.

Cheers,

Dia

So what's wrong with my thread Dia? I feel like a leper.

D-12
S-9
S-8
B 5/08
S 1/09
M
M
Dia:

ALRIGHT NOW! Enough of that visual! LOLOLOL

So, since that post, I've got the mirror off of the dresser... practicing, ya know? I've purchased some new "How to...." books, etc... Workin' on the angles and such...

If I have to read it one more time, God Knows what the hell is going to go on here!

LOL

----

Seriously, you rock. Congrats on the date! I'm making the pork roast on Sunday! smile

Maybe someday I can be your back-up act. She cooks, she organizes, she wears bells, she "acts"...!! LOL

I'll stick to my own career, though. I happen to be good at that!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
M
M
C-Bart - I'll come check out your sitch! smile

Tristan - I agree w/Tristan. Your thread smells like someone spilled their Axe body wash all over! We're here for ya!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ha! Collective family foot in mouth moment.

SIL's toddler is running around like she's had a late nap and a sugar high. FIL slipped and called the baby by OW's name right in front of all of us. Poor SIL stepped in and tried to make it better, saying that 'everyone says the baby just looks like an "OW-name." I just laughed and nodded. (Cuz frankly, Scarlett, my dear, as long as I've got my man, I don't give a ____.)

Stuff like that is gonna happen; no big deal.

Harder will be when/if H ever slips and calls me by OW's name. He did that once several months ago on the phone and I hung straight up on him.

Last edited by Dia; 09/26/09 01:44 AM.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
B
B
Ouch! Oh, well, your right, they are going to happen. You handled it well! At least they didnt call you her name!

I guess I gave the wrong finger to the wrong man...
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Change of plans...

SIL's hubby called last night. He is at a month-long out of state job training. One of the fellow trainees had H1N1 and may have passed it to pretty much the whole training group. Her H is sick.

So SIL, FIL and baby packed up and headed home last night. SIL was already tired from being a temporary single mother of a toddler, and hearing that her H was sick was too much for her to take.

No big family breakfast either.

So H and I went back to the big bed last night, and let's just say that pent up desire from sleeping in the LR came out in spades. Everybody got to play, nobody had to watch. wink No, not your standard LM, but a good time was had by all.

We're having a slow, quiet day today as 6 people in this small house can be terribly taxing for us introverts.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
O
O
Yay!

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
H seems quiet and withdrawn today - pensive, even. Perhaps the two events are unrelated, but I certainly hit a pensive streak after my little show. Now that the glove is on the other hand, so to speak, it seems that he may be having a similar, introspective reaction.

I am giving him space to work it out.

Page 96 of 132 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard