Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26
G
G
I bought 4 new pairs of shoes today...and, of course, the infamous 4" classic black pumps that I'll be wearing into court with the tight black pencil skirt and tight white blouse....

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
S
OP Offline
S
Hey Pearl,

Chastised? On my thread? I hope not. Your opinion does count, at least to me, so please don't stop posting.

I'm aware of the differences between the 2 camps - tough love with a regular WAS but patience/wait it out with the MLC'er.

The suggestion of the timeline for H to get his belongings out would have been too extreme at first for the sensitive MLC'er -drawing the line in the sand that would have been antagonizing.

But now, 2 1/2 years later and he's completely disappeared?

Oh, and three weeks after our canceled hearing, still no word from my L about a settlement conference date.

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Bomb & moved out 4/07 "My feelings have changed" & "I want to live by myself".
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

P
P
What's up with that L of yours? Have you left a message for him? That's annoying and unprofessional.

I know, patience above all else for MLCer but it's been a long time. At least forward the mail so you don't have to deal with that every day. If you don't want to get rid of all his stuff or ask him to remove it can you stash it somewhere? The garage, a shed?

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
S
OP Offline
S
Nope, no message to my L - I have a "do not initiate contact" with him too. H wants this D, H needs to push it through. He's had my terms for over 3 weeks now - it's his turn to call his L and see what's next.

As for the mail, his name is still on mortage statements and a few other things, so I can't change his address officially with the post office yet.

Most of his stuff is in a back room that was "his" room anyway. But still, no matter where I look there's some gift, or something - I mean 20 years - our life together is all over the house.

I don't think I'll truly be able to heal until I'm in a new place. However, I did finally take down all the pictures of us and now there's only pics of my family. That was a sad day, but empowering too.

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Golfgirl1
I bought 4 new pairs of shoes today...and, of course, the infamous 4" classic black pumps that I'll be wearing into court with the tight black pencil skirt and tight white blouse....

Excellent Golfgirl! That's the right attitude. This time 2 years ago my days revolved around decisions like how to say or write the perfect words so H would reconsider and come back home.

Last week one of my biggest decisions was whether to buy another pair of boot cut jeans or try a pair of skinny leg jeans.

(I got the skinny leg jeans & they're hot)

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

P
P
LOL! I bought skinny jeans too and everyone at my old employer said how good I looked and how thin. If they only knew the reason why...

Ok, understand about the mail. But it is pretty darn inconvenient for you to have to deal with all his crap. I took down our photos (there were only a few to begin with) and still have only put one back up since BF moved back in. I would have felt empowered if everything in the house wasn't already the way I wanted it. smile

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
K
K
Quote:
Chastised? On my thread? I hope not. Your opinion does count, at least to me, so please don't stop posting.

Pearl
I know years ago when I was first here, scared and confused, I appreciated ALL opinions, and like someone told me, take what you need or what fits and toss the rest, which I did, but always thankful for peoples input
There are some people, who may think its their way or the high way but I think most here, especially newbies, would appreciate any input, and from what I can see, you have solid, very thoughtful advice and never claim to be right, just suggest
So I say post away!!!and i've been on/off the board ( just check on people now) for 7 yrs so Im more right hahaha kidding

Hi SF!
Love everyones clothes shopping whoohooo!!!! good for you guys, oh how we ladies love to shop uh? smile

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
OP Offline
S
The ball's in his court as they say but I guess he can't find it, because I still haven't heard a word from H or my own L for that matter. I swear, between H, his L, my L, and myself we've got to be the most dysfunctional group trying to put together a D plan ever.

However, my life goes on and I'm at an all time PMA and GAL high since H walked out. I just bought season tickets to our local theatre - something I've wanted to do for a long time. H hated musicals and rarely went with me. I'm going to see Wicked!

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

T
T
"I'm going to see Wicked!"

Me, too!! Have been waiting forever for it to come within driving distance, and bought tix in April to go with older D in November. It's on the first weekend after my 4-day drive home, but oh well. A 4-hour drive is nothing in comparison! Hope you enjoy it!

M 65
H 64
T 39 & M 36 @ S 12/08
Two Ds

Do you know that the harder thing to do and the right thing to do are usually the same thing? Nothing that has meaning is easy. ~ The Weather Man
K
K
Dysfuntional group LOL I hear ya! a lot of cooks in the kitchen! and people wonder why it takes so long, it will all come together tho.

The local theater sounds great!! good for you, my sister and niece saw Wicked when they visited NY said it was amazing!
Sounds like your GAL is coming along, the rest will follow!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard