Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 68 of 132 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 131 132
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yeah, that's what he said. smile And I have this great marinade from my grandfather, simple, really, olive oil, soy sauce and brown sugar.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
S
S
Dia,

If he's in his office working, and not on a plane to fly out there and soothe her ruffled feathers, then he's dealing with it. So bake him his favorite dessert, and put on some of that frilly underwear, and hum a little tune to yourself while you cook.

L
L
Dia, Sara has a point he is at home with YOU! He might be a bear with a sore head but hes choosing to do it with you.. Get that hot pink number out and give him a flash, but no more! Remember he has to come to you. Keep going girl, keep your picnic laid out and looking good.

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Once lost but now found and happily married again!
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yup, yup, yup. I will make a grocery run on my lunch hour - no dessert fixin's in the cupboard.

Keep in mind that I am NOT certain there has been a dust-up with OW at all. I could be wildly off. But either way, dessert won't hurt. wink

Last edited by Dia; 09/09/09 07:26 PM.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
B
B
Sounds like he's rattled could be something completely else.

Nows the time to 'act as if' there's nothing wrong. Don't rise to his bad mood, it's out of your control

married 23 years
4 grown up kids
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yup, I'm cheery as ever, but backed off a little so as not to annoy. Ribs for dinner, brownies for dessert. I offered peach cobbler as a choice but he picked brownies. Actually he picked "BOTH!!" - but I made him tell me which one first.

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Brownies are in the oven and almost ready to come out. As I was unloading groceries, a thought struck me...

I bought strawberries and peaches. (Instead of whatever was on sale.)

I bought Kerry Gold real butter instead of the store brand. (wanted Plugra but it's hard to find here.)

I bought Yukon Gold new potatoes. (instead of the much cheaper russets)

I bought crusty, artisan loaf of roasted garlic sourdough bread to dip in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. (instead of nothing)

None of that would have been possible for me - or H - while we were separated. We didn't have the money. Both of us had developed 'rules' about what we could buy.

Produce - had to be less than a buck a pound.

Meat - had to be less than $1.50 or $2 a pound.

Generic Mac n Cheese. Very few luxuries, if any. But as long as we're together, we can afford nicer stuff.

I'm still a bargain shopper, but darn it - russets don't roast or boil well. You need Yukons for that. And apples, apples only ever apples gets boring after awhile. Strawberries and peaches? Pure heaven!

S
S
It all sounds delicious. The way to a man's heart is still through his stomach.

G
G
Hi Dia

I agree with everyone here, I do think the OW may no longer be in the picture, so now you can really really shine my girl. You are doing brilliantly.

I wonder if I should also start to take a bit more interest in what I am preparing for dinner of a night, perhaps I too should reintroduce the desserts H loves if as Sara says the way to aman's heart is still through his stomach.

Trying to keep hope alive
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi, Oz,

I can tell you one thing for sure - that pan of brownies may not last the night, so I'll be making the cobbler tomorrow.

Page 68 of 132 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard