Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 55 of 132 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 131 132
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Last night was quiet. I started my primping early with a mani/pedi and Adventures in Depilation. Last time I had my toenails painted, I think I was 7 and my mother did it. smile The only nail polish I had on hand was a demure shell pink, so low on the hoochie scale but the dress will fix that. wink

I did get a present this morning, and it's a really wonderful one, too. H had a hardcover book made at Shutterfly.com. It has 20 pages and is chock full of pictures of kidlet that H has taken.

I also gave him his present but not his card. He liked the present (a grill basket for veggies) and we'll probably break it in over the weekend.

H was stressy and preoccupied this morning but none of it to do with me - or nothing he voiced, at least.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
M
M
Dia!

Ha! I just bought a grill basket! Seems dumb to say out loud, so I'll type it... "Don't touch it! It gets hot!" DUH!

The blonde in me came out, and left me w/a nice burn!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
MF - LOL! I would *totally* do that, and yes, I'm a natural blonde as well. Sounds like Bill Engvall joke too - "Here's your sign."

Spent my lunch hour doing another large cleaning and de-cluttering project. Ugh! I tackled the bar in the kitchen and half of the LR. Slowly but surely this place will be clean, organized and homey. smile

The good side is that de-cluttering is a huge stress reducer for both H and me. Looking back, in the days when we had a once-a-week housecleaning service, we virtually *always* had awesome sex that night. smile It's amazing how much it increases desire when you can walk in your front door and not see squalor and/or a bunch of cleaning projects that chip away at your PMA or niggle for your attention.

The downside is now I'm so dusty and sticky that I'll need another shower before we go out. Bleah!

Last edited by Dia; 09/04/09 07:58 PM.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
K
K
It's good that you're pinpointing some of the issues that seems like such little penny ante things, but can make the difference between perceiving your home (and by natural extension, your spouse) as a delightful, peaceful haven or just one more thing to stress out about.

I think you received a *great*, thought-out, personal anniversary gift. HUGE.

I do believe I will sweep my h. off to a romantic Italian dinner tonight, in solidarity. Can't hurt; grin.

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes.
Real boats rock." -- Frank Herbert
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Nibble a breadstick... or something... in my honor, Kett. <brazen grin>

T
T
Have fun Dia. Congrats on getting this far.

Me: 36, W: 33, M: 10 yrs
Bomb: 1/09, Seperated: 9/09, Piecing Begins: 10/09

My story: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...t=91&page=1
G
G
Well done Dia, what a lovely present he gave you, a lot of thought went into that.

I will toast your success when I sit on my balcony tomorrow for a day of me time.

Oz

Trying to keep hope alive
D
D
Love the gift he chose for you, Dia.

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
H is due home somewhere in the next half hour to 90 mins, depending on errands, traffic and whether or not he left work early. Our reservation is for 7:45 to allow enough time for showers, kidlet management and a bit of relaxing before we head out. H mentioned that he would want a snack when he got home for blood sugar reasons, but he was looking forward to the meal.

1) I am less primped than usual. Reason: to provide greater contrast once I don The Dress, The Shoes, The Jewelry, etc.

2) On the newly pristine and gleaming bar there is a plate containing fresh grapes and a fresh tomato and mozzarella dish drizzled with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a chiffonade of fresh basil. The tomatoes and basil are from his garden.

3) There is music on - the CD he gave me. I opted not to play our love-making music as I didn't want to scare the deer. I'd like this all to feel like any intimacy/affection is HIS idea - if that makes sense.

4) His anniv. card is propped between the cheese plate and the grapes. It's a low key card with a cute cartoon of a furry animal hugging himself. It reads... "Just a hug... Just for you... <open card> ... Just because. I wrote in "Happy Anniversary - Love, Dia"

And I am holding tight to - NO EXPECTATIONS!

Oh, and about the photo book - While I was marveling over it, I asked him how long it had taken him to make and he said a few hours, but to be fair, he'd actually created an identical(?) one for his mother. But when our anniversary came up, he thought it would be a good gift for me. Personally, this doesn't take anything away for me as even so I know he had to have ordered it at least two weeks ago.

Last edited by Dia; 09/04/09 11:41 PM.

D
D
We're all here, Dia, reading every post and wishing you every success tonight!

Page 55 of 132 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard