Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
L
OP Offline
L
Over slept this morning and barely got the kids out the door in time to catch the school bus. I think my wife found it all humorous as she appeared to be a good mood most of the morning. So afterwords, I ran to the hospital to apply for financial assistance (recently found out I am now allergic to bee stings...no insurance and 3 hours in the ER...what fun). Came home to grab some breakfast, catch up on some email, and a little small talk with the wife. Then the funny part of the morning...I go to the toy store to get a present for my son (belated present from grandfather who doesn't remember birthdays), during which I actually get hit on by a lesbian couple. Of course I am not out in the dating world, but "We have the whole day off. Why don't you hang out with us?" seems to be getting hit on...lol.

Came home, caught up on business emails and went over to the park for a jog. I stopped jogging in the summer because of a combination of a wicked cough (swine flu maybe?) and taking care of the kids which left little time to go for hour plus runs. So today I decided to go out and see what I could do. So I kept a nice pace and ended up running a 5K in 30:33. I was pleased with that result after two months off.

Overall it should be a nice peaceful day. The wife is working 11-8 so I have the house pretty much to myself for the afternoon. Then my kids and their friends will be here to do homework and play after school....

"Be the changes you want to see in the world"
L
OP Offline
L
Interesting evening...IM'ing with wife about a problem with our daughter and then bang..I get this;

"I am so lost...I don't want to come home....I don't want to go out.....Life is Crap!"

To which I replied "That is a very tough place to be"...end of conversation. Come home and I ignore her since she is obviously moody. Then she is in and out of bed about every hour all night...I wonder if my Saturday outburst actually struck a cord in her mind? She has been pleasant today for the most part and is training some new people at work...supposedly she is going to be promoted to some middle management type position.

Busy day for me so far. Did some business and house errands around town and then went to the park for a jog. It was just a perfect day for that and now I am home catching my breathe until the kids come home from school. Then do homework, off to dance, try to grab some dinner, off to soccer, and then put the kids in bed....today is my long long day...lol.

L
L
Brava!!! You handled that marvelously. The comment was great, and wonderful validation...did not try to solve, but just acknowledged that it is a tough place to be. Most excellent!!!

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks Lola smile

Wednesdays are so busy for me...lol. Got the kids off the bus (my two and two of the neighbors children) and ran home to do homework. Then out the door to all our afternoon activities and finally got back in at 7:45....Called my MIL by video call so she could see kids (gramma just got a computer) and this was the first time she has seen them in about 1.5 years....all parties very happy. Wife went to guy friends after work and returns home around 9 very pissy. I am goofing around the kitchen and ask what is up? It turns out guy friend was in a pissy mood then kicked her out because he didn't want me to get mad again. She was awake all night again (therefore I was awake...aarrgghhh) and seemed distracted. She mentioned that she wants to get away by herself for the weekend but has no place to go and no money. I just validated and wished that things were different financially for us. Not much else to say. Made some some corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast (for both of us) and read a little. I am currently reading "Tuscan Holiday" which is very good even if it a women focused book.

Shortly I am off to walk this morning....not much work to do at the moment. Already started my secret marinara sauce this morning. I had a friend from Florence who served the best sauce in her restaurant. She shared the recipe, which is very odd in ingredients, and now I make it from scratch. Will add some of my special meatballs (also from scratch) to the sauce later and let it all simmer throughout the afternoon...I have found that cooking is very relaxing for me.

L
L
I am coming to YOUR house for dinner!!! LOL!!!

Im still standin better than I ever did looking like a true survivor feeling like a little kid Im still standin after all this time and Im picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind..

L
OP Offline
L
LOL....IF you can only see the faces of people when the come over to have dinner. Usually they think that the wife is the one cooking and I am the one inviting. Then when they come into the kitchen and there I am cooking...hilarious. When we lived in Maryland my wife belonged to a mothers group. Every few months they would get together including the guys...which was pretty a good time. We usually brought cookies or some snack, but one time by the time we said we were going they needed some real food. So I cooked up a big patch of my stuffed chicken Marsala and brought it with us. So I walk in carry my dish of chicken and one of the mothers tells me to put it on the counter and asks my wife "What should we do with it?". My wife just shrugs and says to them "Asks him, he is the one who cooks the good stuff".....I am laughing in a room of about ten moms with jaws hanging to the floor. That day I did finally realize that a cooking father was a real oddity in the usual family situation. I just grew up cooking and my mom swears to this day all I wanted to be as a kid was a chef!

L
L
It is an oddity! My stbx is from Germany, and used to cook the most awesome dishes. I was very thankful he enjoyed the cooking because I hated it!

B
B
Originally Posted By: Lostforwords
Wife went to guy friends after work and returns home around 9 very pissy. I am goofing around the kitchen and ask what is up? It turns out guy friend was in a pissy mood then kicked her out because he didn't want me to get mad again.

Okay, I will be the first to admit that I am one to put up with quite a bit from my wayward W, at least to a point and probably more than most. However, there are boundaries and for the life of me I don't understand why you are putting up with your W actively and openly seeing other men, and then coming home to your bed to complain to you that her other man is being "pissy". She is completely disrespecting you and I don't think you take this. If she's going to be so flagrant about dating people, then send her on her way man.

S4H

L
L
AMEN AND HALLELUJAH! A person who is not afraid to speak...

L
OP Offline
L
Searching,

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard