Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 132 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 131 132
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
MF - I'm not so sure The Kilt will have your bells. It looked more like pricey Irish than Ren Fair - good woolens, shortbread molds, claddaghs galore?

Maybe, tho - you know it better than I do. smile

Last edited by Dia; 09/03/09 04:10 PM.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Sent the following email to H re: diner tomorrow night to which he's supposedly already agreed.

----------------------
Hey, there,

Are we still on for dinner tomorrow night? If we are, I thought it might be nice to go to a more grown-up place since kidlet will be on a sleepover.

Here are some places that interest me:

* Ca Dario - nice italian, maybe like that place near the old Richmond condo?

* SOHO - jazz and supper club, bands playing will be The English Beat and Rice Rockit. (???)

I'm also up for anything you suggest. smile

Cheers,

Dia

Tactic: Make it easy. Give him choices and the final say so he feels like he's in control.

Last edited by Dia; 09/03/09 05:49 PM.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
M
M
Dai, I can't believe three things:

1. The W is back
2. You are doing so well.
3. You can't see that your journey is over!

You've got everything going for you. I can see other people giving you such positive feedback. EXACTLY what I was being told.

You keep going girl - your problem is going to be when YOU decide that the "problem" is finally over.

And your dress sense is superb wink

Enjoy, enjoy, ENJOY smile

Hugs

Mac (And the Mrs) smile

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hey, Mac - good to see you! I was lurking in your old thread just last night wondering if you were ever coming back.

Good on you about you and the Mrs.!

M
M
And EVERYONE should be happy.

W just said "it's nice to be home and nice to hold you".
And I agree wholeheartedly.

Goals guys - set goals and GO FOR THEM.

Hugs from me and my much better half wink

Whoop Whoop!

Mac

Dia #1831595 09/03/09 06:12 PM
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
OMG - I have a dinner date at a romantic Italian restaurant with my husband!!!

Somebody hit me with a 2x4 quick - how do you have no expectations on a date?? And do I give him his card and present at the restaurant, before, after - what? (Present is bulky...)

Hi, Dia,

Let's try Ca Dario. I don't think I've been there. SoHo is good if you're there for the show, but it seemed more clubby than restauranty when I was there.

H.

<Dia floats off, humming "When the moon hits your eye..."

M
M
You really can't carry a tune Dia :-)

.... like a big pizza pie - that's amore smile smile

YEHAAAAA - bollox to the expectations. You're WAY past expectations and you know it.

Breath girl - keep breathing - go with the flow wink

Mac

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
This is really awesome. Almost all of our romantic dinners have been at this kind of Italian restaurant. Northern Italian rather than the standard pizza/pasta. There was one by our old condo in the Bay area, and one near our house in the IE. We haven't found one here yet, but maybe Ca Dario is it. smile smile smile

And - when given a choice between a place where we could listen to music and maintain a polite distance (the jazz club) or the romantic place with a something of a personal history to it, he picked the place with the history.

Now I have to figure out what to wear. Let the girliness begin!

K
K
This sounds wonderful.

Scare deer = bad.

Make deer's eyeballs pop out and melt deer's heart with your lighthearted, flirtatious, meaningful-glance-darting, sensual toothsomeness = gooooooooooooooooooood. wink

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes.
Real boats rock." -- Frank Herbert
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Kettricken
This sounds wonderful.

Scare deer = bad.

Make deer's eyeballs pop out and melt deer's heart with your lighthearted, flirtatious, meaningful-glance-darting, sensual toothsomeness = gooooooooooooooooooood. wink

Agreed!

I'm still leaning toward the brown dress - just not sure I have the shoes to go with, and I *know* i have no time to shop. All of my CFMPs might be in storage.... drat!

Expectations: Am not expecting a card or a gift. Am not expecting to be kissed (tho I'd be delighted if it happened). Am expecting good food, maybe a glass of wine and pleasant conversation. That seems reasonable, yes?

Page 53 of 132 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard