Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 132 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 131 132
M
M
Originally Posted By: Dia
he was welcome to read it but that it was ostensibly a relationship book for grownups.

You devil wink

Nice to see you keeping your sense of humor Dia smile

See- I'm still knocking round in the background so watch yourself wink
Stop biting nails. Go with the flow.

Hugs

Mac

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hiya, Mac,

Nice to hear what's cookin' (metaphorically speaking) over in your thread.

I'm on lunch, so I've only got time for a quick kitty update.

My kitty is still in his hidey-hole spot, but he's eaten and had a drink of water and he's not freaked out so that's progress. The alpha female cat still hisses at him, but that could take 2 weeks to resolve so it's expected. Our other cat is a big grey and white neutered sweetheart of a kitty and he's gotten along find with the new kid so far. No hissing, just looking at each other w/o any signs of aggression.

H has made a point of getting to know the new kitty, talking softly to him, petting him, actively making sure the alpha female doesn't hassle him too much, etc. H even talked about how soft and beautiful he is. And he is, really - he's a long haired cream tabby. Lighter color than your classic red tabby, more peaches n' cream with gold/copper eyes.

H got a good chuckle out of the color. See, the other two cats are 1) all black, and 2) grey/white. So they had the whole 'highly visible cat fur on clothing' thing mostly covered. White blouse? Black cat sits on it. Black trousers? Grey and white cat sits on it.

But what about GREY clothes? Black fur doesn't show up well. White fur doesn't show up well and grey fur doesn't show up at all. Solution? ORANGE cat.

Last edited by Dia; 08/24/09 07:43 PM.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
M
M
Ahhhhh, Dia, I love cats. Every update you give brings a smile to my face.

Here's a smile back at you....

One of the people that found out about the good news asked when I said the "friend" was history, "So where did you bury the body?"

My reply - "didn't have to - we're having a barbecue this weekend - bring rolls" - work it out smile

What goes around comes around. And without any help.

HA!

Mac (with devilish grin)

T
T
Dia,

I am sooooo praying for him to "get" the 5 Love languages. And man, just getting caught up here makes me want to go buy a hammock! You go, girl!!!!

Me 45, H 46, S 23, M 26, Together 30, Bomb 6-2-08,
S 6-19-08; H left 12-29-08. H home 12-09, Still MLC in 2012!
Me- I have my big girl panties on. Bring it.

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Mac - LOL. I'll bring the pickle relish and some exra BBQ sauce. laugh

Hi, Wifey! Thanks for stopping by, and I'll take all the prayers I can get!

I'm cooking a ham tonight. Long story, but my parents wanted more space in their freezer so they sent a ham up with me. So picture me in the middle of a convo with H when he asks if I have a spare box in all of my moving stuff.

Dia: Sure I do. It's out in my car right next to the ... OMG!! I left the ham in the car!!! <Dia bolts for the car>

Fortunately, it was only an hr or so and the ham was still frozen. wink

<Dia returns to house, places ham on counter to defrost>

H (quizzically): Did you say.... ham?

Dia: (nods)

H: Do you need any help eating that ham, by chance? Because I happen to have this ham-shaped space that needs filling. (H pantomimes an area over his abdomen about the shape of his stomach)

Dia (laughing): Why yes, I *do* need you to eat my ham. <grinning at him> It needs to defrost, but I'll cook it tomorrow.

Last edited by Dia; 08/24/09 08:43 PM.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
FYI on hammocks...

Splurge and get yourself an Xtra large, high quality, Hatteras style hammock that will support 400 - 500 lbs (I think ours came from LL Bean or Land's End). The right kind will have *ahem* spreader bars and a tubular metal stand. Ours has lasted a good 10 years w/no maintenance with some of those years in harsh desert sun, and several more in coastal salt air.

T
T
Thanks Dia, maybe it will be in the cards when I am employed.

Your ham made me think of a story I heard once about a woman that always cut off part of the ham and cooked it separate from the rest of the ham. Her daughter did the same thing because she followed her mother's example.

And her daughter did the same after her. Finally the Daughter's husband asked her grandmother why all the women did that. It turns out, the first woman always did that simply because her pan wasn't large enough and she had to do that in order to get it all cooked. The daughter and granddaughter just followed suit.

Me 45, H 46, S 23, M 26, Together 30, Bomb 6-2-08,
S 6-19-08; H left 12-29-08. H home 12-09, Still MLC in 2012!
Me- I have my big girl panties on. Bring it.

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ham was good. Roasted veggies were good. A friend of kidlet's came over after school and they build a fort out of blankets and lawn chairs. Then they got a camping lantern and a deck of cards and played Go Fish! Ahhhh, childhood.

H continued rearranging the office with me assisting whenever his shoulder needed it. One such event involved him laying on his back to adjust the pins under a a wall-mounted while I stood straddling him securing the desk from above. Lots of cooperative work.

Also, clearing those shelves meant that he pulled down a lot of things related to OW including letters, books and a calendar from her and a photo of her framed in white garden-gate popsicle sticks with craft-y flowers and an ILY message pasted on it in black foam letters. (BARF!!)

It will be interesting to see where these items end up now that they've been taken down.

So, the gooey cards from her - gone.

ILY pic in the office - gone.

That leaves some toys that belong to her daughter and a few other photos.

I have to wonder - how much of rearranging the office was an excuse to move her stuff, not necessarily for my sake - but for his own. For my sake, he could have just taken the pics and put them away, but I wonder if for his own sake he needed a 'reason'? Sort of like, taking them down because he was rearranging the shelves was somehow psychologically more comfortable than taking them down because (maybe) he wants to move forward with me?

Last edited by Dia; 08/25/09 03:49 AM.

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
FYI - I haven't fallen off the face of the earth - just swamped at work trying to meet a printer deadline. (And kitty, of course, is very 'helpfully' sitting on the document I am trying to proof! If I move him off the document, he helpfully sits on my kb instead. grin )

Last edited by Dia; 08/25/09 07:38 PM.

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Question: What do you get when a live, 8-inch long lizard gets into a house with three nervous cats?

Answer: Pandemonium!

(Lizard has taken refuge under the dryer. Lizard needs to STAY THERE!)

Page 40 of 132 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard