Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 132 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 131 132
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Oh, yeah - and further evidence of Pod People.

Today H said he was going to take kidlet to the mall for some back to school shopping. He wanted to make sure kidlet had clothes he liked, had a haircut before school started, got a new backpack, etc. Um... if I hadn't told him, H wouldn't even have known what DAY school started. It starts Monday and H thought it was about 3 weeks from now.

H has NEVER even mentioned back-to-school shopping before, much less offered to do it. It's such a huge 180 that it almost makes me suspicious - like, is he trying to look good so he can go for full custody??

Hrmmm.... <Dia looks around shiftily>

Ok. Come clean.

Which one of you slipped my H a copy of DB???

Last edited by Dia; 08/23/09 02:34 AM.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
B
B
Im sure that he is very confused, going back to your earlier post, especially if he is still in contact with OW! And I hope that your presence is putting pressure on their relationship!

Maybe he was breaking it off with her and wanted privacy?

Im glad that you are trying to get your things taken care of quickly, if it really bothers him to have disorder then you are hopefully, not making him tremendously uncomfortable, and possibly resentful of your presence!

I also think that its good that you are being somewhat realistic, maybe pessimistic, thinking about the what-ifs. I think that we have to be just a little bit like that when we are going through these things.

I hope that you can get H back under your spell this evening!

I guess I gave the wrong finger to the wrong man...
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
'nother thought...

Was sitting next to H's computer today talking to him about the DSL upgrade. He had seen a page the tech used for the ping check and he wanted to know if it was a proprietary page or if anyone could use it. So while he was checking his browser history, I noticed several facebook links (he had invited me to help scan for the link). I got out a slip of paper, wrote down OM's name and email (it's a common enough name so you have to differentiate by email) and asked H to please block him on his FB. He is already blocked on mine.

I explained that OM did not know where I was and for the peace of all concerned, I wanted to keep it that way. H said he would.

No clue how this may have affected H.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
B
B
Is OW on his facebook? Maybe you are setting him up to eventually ask him to block her too!

I guess I gave the wrong finger to the wrong man...
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
OW is linked to him on Twitter and is on his sister's FB friends, but not his. And yeah, eventually, I'd like him to block her. He doesn't Tweet, tho. He signed up, tweeted twice and decided it was silly.

Last edited by Dia; 08/23/09 01:51 PM.

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Back at H's. The hissing and hiding have begun.

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Very low key night - both of us are exhausted and went to bed right after we got kidlet down.

Only one little tidbit of interestingness. My kitty is hiding in a corner sheltered by the edge of the couch and an antique oval pedestal table. I have boxes stacked on the end of the futon in the guest room, and H had me take a small rolltop desk off the wall where it was mounted and put it on the futon, too. So, just to be overly clear... it is not possible for anyone (other than a cat) to sleep on the futon tonight.

So while we're watching the cats to see how they tolerate each other, H says, "Well, if you're sleeping out here tonight, you'll be near him if Andra (our alpha female) makes any trouble for him."

If??! Um, where else would I be sleeping??

And, and 2nd bit of interestingness...

There was a gift cert laying on the sofa table when I got here. $50 to a nice restaurant, one I'd been wanting to try and *may* have mentioned to H - not certain. I think I did, but not sure.

Not knowing that I'd already seen it, he took it and hid it. The behavior suggested one of two things:

1) He hid it because he wants to surprise me for our anniv. coming up.

2) He hid it because he's planning to take OW sometime.

Soooo, I was going to suggest that restaurant as a celebration when I got my first paycheck - but now I'll wait it out and see what happens.

*laughing* If he does take me, at least I can honestly say it will still be a surprise.

Last edited by Dia; 08/24/09 04:43 AM.

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
H and I walked kidlet to school for his first day back. Kids there remembered him and he got lots of hugs on the playground! That's a huge relief because kidlet has been the target of some pretty severe bullying, once at that school and once at a different school.

H and I chatted there and back, very relaxed and friendly. The parents and teachers remembered us, too, and let us know how good it was to see us 'back'. The implication was 'back together' of course and for whatever reason, H chose not to correct anybody. Kidlet's teacher is a teacher he's had before, and is the mother of one of H's childhood friends, so we chatted in particular with her. As we turned to leave the classroom, H put his hand on the small of my back to guide me. That felt nice. smile

The rotator cuff injury has really been bothering H. Last night while we watched a movie, he was limited to laying on the couch in pain. I made supper and brought it to him and generally took care of him. He was very appreciative. I've also been helping rearrange the office. We laugh because he 'supervises' and I do whatever he tells me. wink Packing books, moving shelves, etc.

Edit: Hi, Blue - Thank you for stopping by. I need to swing by your place and see how you're doing. New job tho, so I'm trying to be 'good' about my internet activities!

Last edited by Dia; 08/24/09 04:12 PM.

M
M
Hey Dia!

Don't know that I ever posted to you, but I read along. You are a joy. Thank you for making me smile so many times. If you are half as enjoyable in person as here, that H is a MORON! smile

Thought I'd finally chime in, since I can actually add something...

Rotator Cuff Injury - I played D1 tennis, bad serving technique left me w/rotator cuff issues, which finally came to a head about five years ago. When they went in to do surgery, it was not only that, but a torn bicep, and my shoulder was so loose that they had to tighten it three times. It was a hell of a recovery, but my shoulder is STELLAR now!

Encourage him to get it handled, and not prolong the inevitable w/cortizone shots, physical therapy, etc... I'm thrilled with the outcome, but still have bad serving technique!

So, I switched to playing soccer (on the mom's team)! Can't serve bad there!

Keep up your fabulous efforts. You're doing great!

MB

PS - Oh, also, my H fell asleep on our hammock Sat night. If he wasn't asleep, I would have pulled a DIA! wink

Last edited by mindblank; 08/24/09 04:14 PM.

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi, MB!

Good to know about the rotator cuff. Thank you! I'll see if I can work it in w/o seeming like I'm telling him what to do. wink

Note to all: anxiety spike!! This next will either be very good... or not. H and I were talking about kidlet and what makes him tick. I mentioned that I'd read something awhile back that gave me really good insights in to how to handle kidlet, what makes him feel safe and loved, etc. and that it had changed how I interact with him. H wanted to know my resource. DOH!!!

The book in question is 5LL. I told H I had a copy and he was welcome to read it but that it was ostensibly a relationship book for grownups. I mentioned that it has also given me good insights into his mother and father.

He asked me for it and said, "I want to read it." He was emphatic on the 'want' part.

I left the book on his bed.

Dia, nail-bitingly

Last edited by Dia; 08/24/09 04:49 PM.

Page 39 of 132 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard