Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 44 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 43 44
R
OP Offline
R
I hope it works out that way for him, too. Scouts is good, but his father is a co-leader.
This ROTC is for the Navy - by the end of high school, they will give him the opportunity to get his driver's, boating, and pilot's license. They are going to have a 5 day "bootcamp" at West Point in Sept.
And he got his hair cut on Fri - what a difference! - but he is a handsome kid, either way wink

R
OP Offline
R
Blech, messed up.

X called and asked to talk to me. He wants to take the kids for the weekend early, since he couldn't afford to take them on a week vacation. He wants to bring them to an amusement park. He asked to get them on Thursday rather than Fri; I said I'd think about it - wasn't Fri morning ok? (My S doesn't have a room there; he sleeps on the couch rather than having his father build a room in the basement next to the 16 year old daughter of gf). He said it would be easier for him if he could get them earlier - I said I'd let him know.

When he called about an hour later to talk to the kids and tell them. I heard D saying, oh, we'll stay over with you on Thursday?

Now, where I messed up - my knee-jerk reaction. Trying to manage my X's relationship with my kids.
I turned to S and said that his dad was going to take them to the amusement park, but I wasn't sure if it was Thurs or Fri, yet. That if his dad asked, but he wanted to sleep in his own bed, it was ok with me and they could go Fri - that it was completely up to him, I had plans either way.

D tells her dad later in the convo that I just told her brother about the plans.

Now, X is pissed. He talks to S for a minute, demands to talk to me. All sad-sounding, did I really just do that, ruin the only surprise he could afford, etc.

What was I going to say? I think I said sorry but didn't explain myself. S had already told him to talk nicely with me, not be negative (protecting me, sh*t). I gave the phone back to S, who said That didn't sound very positive to me, then said Change the subject - he didn't want to listen to his father complain about me.

I almost emailed X to explain....

but came here. Not really worth it. I am sure it will come up in the co-parenting C on 9/1, and I'll try to say something, then. Maybe.

S was talking to me this week about how X is making sure to say that "gf did ___ for you," talk her up, etc. He was really resentful that his dad took a lot of time out of his birthday baseball game to talk about the sitch, promote their relationship, etc. I just said that he and his dad would have to work it out, he could also talk with the IC., and that his dad really loved him and cared a lot about him.

Yuck.

O
O
It sounds to me as if you didn't really know it was a surprise, so give yourself a break.

As for the initial request, how about: "Thursday is fine with me unless one of the kid's prefers Friday." Enuf said.

Quit worrying about where DS sleeps. We used to sleep on the floor, ya know?

Best,
Oldtimer
O
O
Hellooooooo Echooooooo Echoooooo....

Best,
Oldtimer
M
M
She's out GALing!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

R
OP Offline
R
smile

No news is good news smile

I have good plans for the weekend. Just got an invite to dinner with a friend from the women's group (yay! we had hung out before, but I wasn't sure if we had enough...whatever it is...to become good friends - looks like a possibility, now). Tomorrow, my SIL is coming up, and we have appointments for a massage/mani/pedi after a brunch party.
I think that I am going to focus on building some closer girl-friends (think Sex and the City) before I begin to think of anything romantic.
It's part of the whole GAL thing....I need to push myself to get out there. So many of my interests are isolating in themselves - artwork, reading...I'm thinking I have to find something that gets me out of the house more. It will have to be a focus for the new year, though, as I have to finish these master's classes.

Sunday will be church, and the kids will be home by the evening.

I'm spending today with bursts of cleaning/organizing and HGTV breaks with ice tea.

No isolation this weekend!

And it looks like the kids even got nice weather for their trip to the amusement park with their dad and the pack. Glad they should have a good time.

D
D
Good to see you rebounded from how you felt the other day.

Isn't it nice when it takes less and less time? smile

Me 35/XW 33
S13 & S12
M: 10/17/98
OM & S: 07/08
D final 06/09/09
12/03/09 - 06/13/10 "Piercing"
06/13/10: Engaged to Re-marry 10/17/10
06/25/10: Expecting baby #3 2/14/11
K
K
You can keep reading! Join a bookclub. I have been in mine for almost two years now. I am reading stuff that I may have never picked myself. Sometimes that is good, sometimes bad. We have also watched a couple films after we have discussed the books of the same name. Just one evening a month.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
O
O
Want some homework?

Consider how productive and forward moving you are now. Compare that to your life in your marriage. Beginning to see that life in your old M was flattening you more than you knew?

Best,
Oldtimer
R
OP Offline
R
Came back from the outing I had today (waxed my legs - I would NOT recommend doing this) to find...

the sliding glass door to the sunroom was open a little (how?!)

the new bunny cage had the bottom pulled down

two dogs very happy to see us

and no bunny.

I searched the whole yard, searched the house - no bunny, no blood, no tuffs of fur. Just some scratch marks on my rug, like the dogs were digging at something.

My SIL feels so badly...last time her dog visited, he broke into the gerbil tank and killed 2 of 3 gerbils. She left me $50 to get a new bunny.

I can only hope that the poor thing got away past the dogs into the yard and through the fence. Or found someplace to hide in the house.

But I'm not holding out too much hope.

Poor Poof.

Page 18 of 44 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 43 44

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard