Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 132 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 131 132
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Had to wash H's sheets twice to get all the cat fur off, and there's *still* fur on his sheets. I put the fresh sheets and bedpad back on the bed, then decided to wash the rest of the bedding, too. I love a crisp, fresh bed and I hope he does, too.

I wish I had chocolates to put on the pillow.

Last edited by Dia; 08/20/09 11:38 PM.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
K
K
Don't scare the deer .....

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes.
Real boats rock." -- Frank Herbert
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
LOL, thanks, Kett.

I will not be calling attention to this particular AoS. He knew I was going to do it. Let him notice on his own, and yeah, chocolates are probably over the top.

Guess I'll take that black lace thong and garters out from under his pillow, too. wink (j/k)

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
K
K
Seriously, D, I think you -- both of you -- are making amazing strides toward quietly twining your lives back together.

The cat thing, in particular, seemed huge. As you pointed out, it's a lot of upheaval to import a new animal into an already-menageried home. The fact that he didn't cavil at all is encouraging, IMHO.

My gut feeling (I'm full of them today; wink) is that it's best to just let it happen without feeling the need to discuss/call attention to it too much.

I don't mean asking his permission as you have been doing; I think that's a positive. I mean the suicidal impulse you *may* be feeling to *point out* how well everything is going ....

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes.
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ooooh, cavil - good word!

And yes, you are correct - pointing too broadly at the good stuff is counter-productive.

As for asking, at this point in where we are, surprises for him are probably not a good thing.

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Reflections... journalling...

This week has been the most relaxed and natural of all the times I've been up here. My casual cheeriness has not been forced or a facade as it has been other times. For the most part, I have not agonized over every little thing, every little nuance. I have taken a lot of things at face value. I almost feel like I am not actively DBing. I feel like I am just... living and being me.

The projects around the house have been as much or more to channel grief than for H's (or my) benefit (though I am not denying said benefits).

I've had WAY fewer insecurities, and even sleeping on the couch is no big deal.

Here's the thing - I don't think I'm very detached. My love tank is fuller than it's been in about 3-4 years, so I think the ease and happiness are coming from that, and from just liking being in my own skin rather than from detaching and GALing. Or maybe I *am* detached and this is what it feels like? Can you be detached AND have a full love tank?

Caveat: Don't get me wrong - I am not advocating that people don't detach. I'm just saying I'm not sure where I am detachment-wise.

H was out last night and tonight, but I didn't feel abandoned. He chatted with me before he left, seemed to *want* to sit and reconnect with me when he got back, and has hugged me before work and before bed every day this week.

I'm content. (And yes, it feels a little strange.)

In many ways, it does not feel like two years have passed since I left. Yes, the changes in both of us are there, but I don't feel any diminishment of love or caring for him, and even though he's not saying ILY, I don't feel any diminishment of his for me, either. In fact, I feel MORE love for him and from him than in all of the last year before I left.

On the reality side, yeah, I know I could get kicked to the curb in about 30 days, and yes, that will suck if it happens. But on the other side, I'm not even worried about our upcoming anniversary. I know what I'm getting him - and what (or if) he gets me doesn't really matter.

Dia, contentedly

Last edited by Dia; 08/21/09 02:13 AM.

C
C
Originally Posted By: Dia
LOL, thanks, Kett.

Guess I'll take that black lace thong and garters out from under his pillow, too. wink (j/k)

Your right. Probably good to leave his stuff alone :-) Sorry couldn't resist.

D-12
S-9
S-8
B 5/08
S 1/09
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
ROFLMAO!!!

In a job training recently, a supervisor was explaining the dress code - no spaghetti straps, no bare midriffs, etc. The burliest of the guys ups and says, "Dang, there goes MY wardrobe."

K
K
LOL!!!

D
D
Dia, I've enjoyed reading your reflections. You write very well. You're making great progress, too.

Cas

Page 37 of 132 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard