Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Phoenixdeux
Anything with your W? Or have you moved on? Have you had a little "me time" where you do something fun for yourself? Been on any dates?

Well, nothing new in regards to my W or our M, currently, it's status quo. She still living with OM and not really spending much time with the kids. This has given me time to reflect and look inside or myself and also to spend lots of time with our boys. smile

My "me time" has been exercising (biking, walking, lifting weights, etc), which I love doing. Baking, I'm trying lots of new recipes and am looking at taking a class or two in the next couple of months to learn more and meet people. Still attending the divorce support group meetings I found last February and other activities people plan from there. We are planning to have a pot luck picnic at the end of August. I have been spending more time with my family and old friends. Plan on joining 2 bowling leagues which start up in Sept, 1 is a league I have been in for a few years the other will be a new league and I'll have the opportunity to make some new friends. On my walks/bike rides, sometimes I go by myself and other times with a friend or two. When I walk alone I get to read the Bible or a book on my blackberry and pray.

I have not been on any dates as I'm still standing and praying for my marriage. I continue to pray for my wife to be safe and for guidance from the Lord for the path He wants me to follow.

I don't sit at home and dwell or hope the phone rings as I know this is going to take a long time. I'm not ready to file so as long as W is willing to help pay household and child expenses I'm doing fine financially.

I'm really enjoying work for the first time in a ages as I have made some changes in myself which have benefited my current position.

Looking forward to our road trip and being away from the office for 10 days! cool

All in all, I think I am doing as well as could be expected in this tough situation and am feeling better about myself.

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
Met OM 10/10/08; Bomb 12/27/08; Moved in with OM 01/27/09
Me stronger and happier everyday!
G
G
Hang in there. I'm praying for you.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
P
P
excellent. Glad to hear that. It sounds like you are doing well under the circumstances.

You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with. Dr. Wayne Dyer
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks, I think I'm doing good under this sitch and I think the shock has worn off from the bomb. Well, need to get some sleep then we hit the road in early am!!!!

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: givingitmyall
Hang in there. I'm praying for you.

I'm doing the best I can and so happy I have my kids with me.
Thank you, and I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Well, we made it back from our road trip all safe and sound. The trip was awesome, we had a great time!! grin The football hall of fame is very cool and the kids really enjoyed seeing all the old footage and uniforms. The Rock N Roll hall was pretty cool too, and the kids didn't give me too hard of time as I was checking everything out.

Then we hit Cedar Point for 2 days and had a blast, my favorite ride was "Millennium Force", S16's favorite was Raptor and S13's favorite was Iron Dragon!!!

This was one of the best vacations I have been on and am so happy I could spend so much time with the kids. On the road and at the hotels and each event we attended.

W was happy we had a good trip and made it home safe and sound. She gave us all big hugs when she came over last night.

Today I took S16 to get his driver's license and he successfully passed the road test and now is a licensed driver shocked

I'm glad I took this whole week off from work. I baked brownies today and tomorrow will bake a carrot cake for the pot luck dinner we are having for my support group.

Tonight, I'm participating in a fantasy football draft which should be fun.

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Fantasy football draft was good, I got the older Manning for QB smile

Today, was a good day. Took S13 to the orthodontist and then took S16 to school. He needed to catch the bus for the football game, since he is one of the trainers this season. He decided not to play as he is more interested in sports medicine so this will be good experience for him. Then went on a long bike ride and saw about a dozen deer roaming near the trails I was riding on.

Tonight went to pot luck with the support group I belong to and they all loved my brownies and carrot cake. There was lots of good food and conversation!! grin

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
S16 is out with W's van to go visit one of his cousins.
S13 is playing with friends.
I'm going on a bike ride with a friend. The weather is beautiful today!!

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Today, was S13's first day of 8th grade, it was a little sad as he is growing so fast now. Time is flying by for both kids, hope one day my W wakes up before they are all grown up and gone. I do pray she would spend me time with them.

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Yes! I have a new beautiful niece who was born tonight to my brother and sister-in-law. The kids and I are very excited and cannot wait to meet her tomorrow! grin
First, we are going to S16's girlfriend's cross country meet then we will go to the hospital.

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard