Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Just got home from the Sox game and they beat the Angels (6-2) and we got to see 3 home runs grin
My sons ended up going too as my MIL had some tickets for them so we all had fun together. My MIL did not invite W as she is still mad with her.
Well, need to get some sleep...long day tomorrow with work and party afterwards. cool

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
Met OM 10/10/08; Bomb 12/27/08; Moved in with OM 01/27/09
Me stronger and happier everyday!
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
A friend of W's and mine passed away on Wednesday. cry She lost her battle with cancer. She was 43, married and left 2 teenagers behind. It does put things in perspective as I realize my issues could be much worse. I have been praying for them for months as they prepare for this inevitable transition which occurred without their input.

My W asked me if I would want to go together to the Memorial Gathering next Friday? I told her that I would think about it and see how work was going. confused

I’m definitely going just surprised she wanted to go with me…..then I’ll leave from there and go to my support group meeting. I’m thinking of baking cookies for both events.

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Today was an awesome day. Took my boys and 4 of their friends to Six Flags grin and even though it rained this morning then turned very hot, it was a great day. Everyone had fun and I even went a few new roller coasters which I really enjoyed. crazy Now we are all beat and ready for bed. tired
So, glad I took a vacation day Monday as I think it may take a day or two to rest my feet smile

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
As I was walking up to the corner drug store my W pulled up in her OM's car. Kind of weird but we walked in together and talked for a few minutes. I her told all the fun we had at Six Flags and she told me about her weekend. Then I told her how good she looked and she said she didn't think she did. I asked how she was doing and she said trying to get better each day. She asked me how I was doing and I smiled and said good. Then we hugged. God I miss her so much frown

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Well, tonight was better as my kids had friends over and they had lots of fun laughing and hanging out. I paid bills and watched some TV and relaxed, feet still a little sore from yesterday wink

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Quick update:
Had the day off on Monday, so went to church, took a long bike ride then planned a road trip for me and the boys. We are going to drive to Canton, OH to visit the Football Hall of Fame, then up to Cleveland to the Rock N Roll museum, then spend 3 days at Cedar Point. Should be a lot of fun and we all are looking forward to it. We leave on Aug 21 and come home Aug 25.

Tuesday: went to IC (now going about ever 6 wks) and it was another great meeting. He is very helpful and likes the progress I'm still making.

Wednesday: after work, worked out, then walked to my brother's house for dinner, then came home and baked cookies.

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
After work today went to the memorial for our friend/neighbor. Very heartbreaking seeing her kids trying to be so brave as I know they must be hurtin.

Tonight, went to the divorce/separated support group and the topic was happiness. I brought chocolate chip cookies which everyone loved smile
In addition, I finally got another one of my friend/neighbor to go to the meeting and she said it is very helpful and she may start coming to them regularly.

Very tired, need to get to bed as I need to take S15 to school tomorrow at 6:30 then doing a 5K walk at 8:00.

P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
The 5K my neighbor friend and I did this morning was a fund raiser for "Stop Domestic Violence" and there were about 100 or so people. This was the 3rd year they have done it and it is growing each year. Hopefully, next year it will get bigger smile

After I got home the kids were out with their friends so I rode my bike to the zoo and walked around for about an hour. I have been in a good mood all day grin

Now, going shopping for our trip - we all need new swim trunks....

Me-44
WAW-42 (ILYBNILWY)
S-16
S-14
M-10/17/1992 T23
P
ppenton Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Quick update:

Had the day off on Monday again cool , it was my oldest son's 16th birthday!!
In the morning, took him to school for football practice (he's not playing this year but is working with the trainers) then went to church, took a long walk and then S13 came home (he was staying at a friend's house for a few days)

W and I planned on taking S16 for his driver's license but his information has not made it into the state computer system so he needs to wait until its updated. frown

Today back at work and it was busy for the most part. Going for a walk then to watch little league game with S13.

The 3 of us are looking forward to our road trip which starts on Friday grin

P
P
Anything with your W? Or have you moved on? Have you had a little "me time" where you do something fun for yourself? Been on any dates?

You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with. Dr. Wayne Dyer
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard