Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 132 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 131 132
S
S
When you were not in the area, it made sense for H to sign him up for school. Now that you are there, it's 50/50 who should do it. If you want it done right, do it yourself.

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks, folks.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I'm not sure if it's the Southern in me, the Irish or the X chromosome but I am doing what any good Irish/Southern girl would do under these circumstances - strap on the kitchen apron and bake.

Berry cobbler, hot and sweet and made for a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Did my job training and wowed my coach.

Dropped off apartment application.

Checked out registration schedule and procedures for kidlet's school.

Saw an article on the Perseid meteor shower which peaks tonight and sent H a link with a two-word email:

"Wanna watch?"

You can break out the 2x4s for pursuing if you want to, but this is on the advice of my DB coach.

Last edited by Dia; 08/11/09 11:34 PM.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
G
G
Dia, sounds like you had a better day. No 2x4 from me. Plan sounds just fine.

Oh, and the cobbler sounds great! I love the vanilla ice cream right next to it once the ice cream has just started to soften and a little mixes with the berry.

My W loves to bake, and she is very good at it.

Anyway, have fun tonight no matter what.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks, GIMA.

I am made up, coiffed, smelling good, attractively dressed and standing in a kitchen smelling of cobbler. If the man doesn't want me, he's a dam$ fool. wink

D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Cobbler went over really well - H was awestruck. He'd never seen one made that wasn't in a dutch oven in a hole in the ground with a bunch of boy scouts - and mine tasted better! laugh

Funny convo - he called me around 5 pm but I had run out to get real butter as all he had was this olive oil margarine stuff.

H: Hey! I'm at Vons. Would you like anything?

Dia: How funny! I'm at Von's, too. Which one are you at?

H: Oh, no! I'm at the one in LC.

Dia: Ahh, I'm at the one on L Ave.

So we laughed and discussed who was picking up what.

Around 8 pm, kidlet wanted to play Monopoly but I was toast - too many late and/or rotten nights.

H: Before we take over your bedroom, Mom (the LR), when do you want to go to bed?

Dia: Yesterday!

(laughter)

I suggested that I go and sleep in his room. That would get me out of the way of the LR traffic and he could wake me when he wanted to go to bed. He said it sounded like a plan.

OMG - the Master bed is comfy. The linens and down comforter are amazing.

So then I slept like the dead until just after midnight. It was foggy here, so no Perseids last night. Some sound woke me about 12:15. I ventured out still half asleep to find H bedding down on the futon.

Dia (sleepily): H, what are you doing?

H: Going to bed. Enjoy your night in the big bed.

Dia: No, go sleep in your bed. I'll move.

H: No, no. I'm being selfless. Go back to sleep, love. I'll wake you in the morning.

Dia: So come be selfless in the bed then.

He made a noise like he was really considering it but in the end, he demurred. I muzzily reached down and gave his arm three squeezes - family code for "I love you."

Than I got an amazing night's sleep in the MBR.

Another small sign - when he walked in the door, he called out, "Hi, people!" It used to be 'Hi, family!' but the inflection was the same.

He called me love!!! <Dia does the happy dance>

There are tiny baby steps all over the place but I'm trying not to get too excited.

I knew he still loved me!

Last edited by Dia; 08/12/09 02:38 PM.

G
G
Dia,

Good signs. Just reign in those expectations.

Not trying to be the downer here. Just want you to keep your guard up.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
C
C
Originally Posted By: Dia
Cobbler went over really well - H was awestruck. He'd never seen one made that wasn't in a dutch oven in a hole in the ground with a bunch of boy scouts - and mine tasted better! laugh

Funny convo - he called me around 5 pm but I had run out to get real butter as all he had was this olive oil margarine stuff.

H: Hey! I'm at Vons. Would you like anything?

Dia: How funny! I'm at Von's, too. Which one are you at?

H: Oh, no! I'm at the one in LC.

Dia: Ahh, I'm at the one on L Ave.

So we laughed and discussed who was picking up what.

Around 8 pm, kidlet wanted to play Monopoly but I was toast - too many late and/or rotten nights.

H: Before we take over your bedroom, Mom (the LR), when do you want to go to bed?

Dia: Yesterday!

(laughter)

I suggested that I go and sleep in his room. That would get me out of the way of the LR traffic and he could wake me when he wanted to go to bed. He said it sounded like a plan.

OMG - the Master bed is comfy. The linens and down comforter are amazing.

So then I slept like the dead until just after midnight. It was foggy here, so no Perseids last night. Some sound woke me about 12:15. I ventured out still half asleep to find H bedding down on the futon.

Dia (sleepily): H, what are you doing?

H: Going to bed. Enjoy your night in the big bed.

Dia: No, go sleep in your bed. I'll move.

H: No, no. I'm being selfless. Go back to sleep, love. I'll wake you in the morning.

Dia: So come be selfless in the bed then.

He made a noise like he was really considering it but in the end, he demurred. I muzzily reached down and gave his arm three squeezes - family code for "I love you."

Than I got an amazing night's sleep in the MBR.

Another small sign - when he walked in the door, he called out, "Hi, people!" It used to be 'Hi, family!' but the inflection was the same.

He called me love!!! <Dia does the happy dance>

There are tiny baby steps all over the place but I'm trying not to get too excited.

I knew he still loved me!

Great, now dial back a little and give him the space to move forward. Be patient, keep the PMA up and no expectations.
Cheers

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
M
M
Dia,

You doin' good girl smile

LOVE IT smile

I'm more than a little jealous. But my time will come smile

Mac

mac-ct #1818131 08/13/09 12:24 AM
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Like what? How far? I'm not going to inveigle to get into the master bed again - unless he shows some interest in that. I plan on acting like I'm back on the couch, yes?

Can I get some more examples, please? I already made dinner, so too late for that.

No expectations... No Expectations.... Isn't that a book by Dickens? wink

Last edited by Dia; 08/13/09 12:26 AM.

Page 27 of 132 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard