Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26
K
K
OMG LOL dont mean to laugh at his swine flu, but your last comment was funny!
Gotta chuckle at times

Hope he wants to reach tis agreement from afar, don't wanna be catching the SF!
Good Luck

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
OP Offline
S
Seriously. I was planning an email to him tonight to go over (again) what I would find acceptable as far as D terms. I was really hoping he would initiate contact again soon but this takes the cake.

Now I don't know how to reply. Perhaps:

The Swine Flu? Oh no, you poor thing! I'm surprised it's not the Feline Flu. (OW has 12 cats)

Last edited by Silver Fox; 07/29/09 08:22 PM.

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Bomb & moved out 4/07 "My feelings have changed" & "I want to live by myself".
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

S
OP Offline
S
Something smells like a rat - or at least a MLC crazy man. I sent a very nice email asking H if he was sure it was Swine Flu, did they test him? Please take care of yourself and feel better soon.

He writes back - "They didn't test me because it doesn't change how they treat it but the doctor was all but certain."

Say what? The country is on alert for this particular flu strain, right? Why would the doctor not test him to get a positive or negative? The doctor was "all but certain" ????

Are there any doctors on this board? Does this sound realistic at all?

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

K
K
Not a doctor here, but I play one on tv smile
It sounds very fishy to me! They would def need to know if its SF or not, they would have to quarantine everyone hes been in contact with I would think! Either his dr. is a quack or hes pulling someones leg, is your H a drama king? Wonder why he would tell you that?
sympathy??
unless now they are deciding to be more aloof about it but not from what I've been hearing. Would be curious to find out!

Last edited by KarenMarieS; 07/31/09 06:31 AM.

This Moment is your Life

S
OP Offline
S
Yes Karen, he's definitely a drama king. Always has been but he's playing it to the hilt now. This email came today:
Quote:
(W), I am at rock bottom. I have a sinus and ear infection and can't go to the doctor or get antibiotics because I don't have one cent to my name. There are no teaching positions and I'm not qualified for anything else. Today I am gong to get my name on the substitute list but that money is going to be miniscule. Barring a miracle, I am to have to file for bankruptcy at the end of the month. I don't how I am even going to pay for the last offer I made you but it is the absolute best I can do. We have a very, very short time to work out a settlement before the 24rd. I am begging you to work with me on this.

How are we going to agree on a settlement when he doesn't even have a job to pay me anything? The man has a Ph.D. He has known there are no teaching jobs since May - he's not looked for ANYTHING else.

I don't know what to do other than forward this email to my L.

H says he's hit rock bottom but does he not realize that I will too, as soon as next month, when the mortgage and bills are due?

Right, stupid question.

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

S
OP Offline
S
Here's my response to his email:

Quote:
"Ok, H, you can cut the dramatics. Do you think I feel sorry for you and the Catwoman and the karma that's about to bite both your a$$es?"

Kidding! Just kidding!

But man, I would love to nail him at least once. I've held my tongue for so long.

When is it going to be time for one of those 'truth darts'?

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

K
K
Silver
I personally think forwarding the mail ( letter ) to your L is the BEST idea!- Sometimes these WA try to play on our emotions , our hearts, knowing we are loving people - maybe even trying to take advantage- not saying your H is, just it is known to happen
Our L can sort it out without the emotions involved- a little harder for us.

Its 7 yrs since my ex left, D 3 yrs, he was fired from his job ( not laid off, but fired) from a 6 digit job in this economy!! He called crying that he had a "problem" and was his life worth living?
I felt as my son's father I owed it to him to talk him down, support him, made sure he got help- He seemed sincere.... for awhile, now that everyone has accepted his weakness shall we say, he is back to his old tricks- and here I and others who helped him feel a little used.

So you never know in their MLC madness if its sincere, its really rock bottom, or the first of a few rock bottoms, or if its all a play

Just remember as bad as you do feel for ex and I can imagine you do, your human, please put yourself first! and dont be ashamed, you deserve it! you can be firm but kind smile

This Moment is your Life

S
OP Offline
S
Hi KMS, thanks for posting and sharing some of your sitch. Does your xh call often with his "problems?" I would think that would get tiresome after awhile. We don't have children but the state of our house will force us to communicate for a time even after the big D.

I think that the real rock bottom for him would be if Catbitch kicks him out. Pretty sure that's why he's so anxious to settle by the 24th.

Sent the email to my L and we have an appointment for Thursday. He says that if H signs an alimony agreement and then doesn't pay it, family court will hold him in contempt and arrest him.

Great - how will that help me pay the bills?!

Last edited by Silver Fox; 08/09/09 06:11 PM.

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

S
S
Yeah I'm going through the same thing with child support right now. He hasn't been paying consistently, so I could go after him and end up with him in jail. Hmmm either way I'm still poor. Gotta love it.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
Robert Collier

"One's best success often comes after their greatest disappointments."
Henry Ward Beecher

me 33, s 9, d 4
S
OP Offline
S
Supposedly the threat of jail will force them to man-up.

Me 56
H 47
Married 21 years
No children
Ow Bomb 8/07
H filed 6/08
D final 2/05/10

Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard