Print Thread
Page 21 of 132 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 131 132
Dia #1814706 08/07/09 04:30 PM
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
oh, and here's another puzzler...

One of my interviews got moved from Friday to Monday. My original plan was to do all of the interviews on Thurs/Fri and go home Fri night or Sat morning. The Monday interview raises the question of whether I should drive home as planned and come back for the Monday appt., or if I should stay the weekend.

H is making noises about me staying. (???) They're ambivalent noises, but noises nonetheless. Initially I said I was going to go home between them, but 2 or 3 times now H has told me I can stay, brought up me staying or otherwise mentioned me staying.

There are some risks to staying, of course, the biggest of which is me overstaying my welcome despite his aparrent invitation. If I get calls on Monday for more interviews later in the week, I will have spent a full week or more here. The longer I stay, the more chance there is of tripping up my great DBing or him getting funny about my being here. I also didn't pack for a week; I packed for two days.

Anybody got insights, suggestions, etc?

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
Dia #1814719 08/07/09 04:47 PM
G
G
Dia

Sounds like it is going well. Keep doing what you are doing.

In response to your question about your H's comments, I do think it is both good and flirtation (not pre-flirtation). I did the same with my wife, usually b/c I was testing the waters for ML.

Keep it up.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: givingitmyall
Dia

Sounds like it is going well. Keep doing what you are doing.

In response to your question about your H's comments, I do think it is both good and flirtation (not pre-flirtation). I did the same with my wife, usually b/c I was testing the waters for ML.

Keep it up.

*laughing* Thanks, GIMA smile

If that's what he's angling for, maybe he should arrange to make those comments in the bedroom. *grin*

I will warm up my response to the compliments a little and see what happens. I have given him a few 'looks' this trip. Nothing so direct as to be smoldering, more... speculative.

Last edited by Dia; 08/07/09 04:57 PM.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
Dia #1814957 08/07/09 10:08 PM
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Full moon last night and today the Universe is throwing non-stop curveballs!

Totally rotten night, sleep wise - didn't get to sleep til around 3 am for a variety of reasons. Then today, FIL and SIL said they were taking niece out and would be back by 11:30 or 11:45 to get kidlet and would I mind watching him for the morning hours. I didn't mind, told 'em to have a great time.

At 11:35 FIL called asking if I could drop kidlet off at H's office instead them coming to get him. I had a 1 pm interview with a 30 - 45 min drive, so I needed to leave by 12: 15. Add in dropping off kidlet - who was still in jammies - and I'd have to leave by 12 at the lastest, a mere 25 minutes in the future. And a glance out the window at the freeway told me that there was no way they'd make it back to the house to get kidlet before I had to leave for my interview. Cr@p!!

BUT - dropping kidlet off would give me a chance to waltz into H's work looking confident and fabulous and maybe have co-workers ask him who that hot woman was... Since I didn't really have a choice, I said yes. Threw the kidlet into some clothes, finished getting me ready and made it to the car 5 mins early. This meant no lunch for either of us, and I had to seriously rush my hair and makeup. I was a bit grumpy with FIL, SIL and H for springing this on me but dealing with it was going to be more efficient than pitching a fit.

In the car, two phone calls came in. One was to move my first interview from 1 pm to 1:30. Good, that means I have time for lunch again! The second was moving my second interview from Friday to "Monday or Tuesday". Cr@p! Now I have two interviews on Monday.

So, arrived at H's work with kidlet in tow. I walked in all big smiles and "Hellos". He turned around from his computer with an annoyed look on his face and offered a perplexed greeting. Suddenly it dawned on me - he had no idea why we were there!

Dia: Oh, no! Your dad didn't tell you? He called me and said to drop off kidlet here with you. Gosh, and here I thought it might have been your idea.

He seemed fairly uncomfortable, and I thought it was about me being in his office in front of all of his work buddies. So I smiled and suggested he work it out with his dad, wished him a good day and left.

Then I went stopped into the McD's that's about half a block from his office, glad that I had time to grab some food to prevent a blood sugar crash during the interview. I was at the counter waiting for my order when H and kidlet walked in.

We all laughed and said things like "Fancy meeting you here," and "Come here often?" With my biggest, dirt-eatingest grin, I said "Shall I get us a table or do you want to sit on opposite sides of the restaurant?" That may sound harsh and nasty in type, but it was pure, good-humored banter and that's how he took it. He said for me to get a table and they would join me there.

So we had our lunch, talking and laughing about coincidence. As he was talking about his day, he mentioned that he'd been dealing with a frustrating problem all morning and was trying to finish it before he let himself eat, so he'd been both highly frustrated and starving when I arrived. (So the annoyed look wasn't about me - good lesson for me there about making assumptions.) Once he had the kidlet, he figured the better part of valor was to bail on the project for half an hour (system re-install) and make sure both of them were fed.

He also said that he heard the bells from my ankle bracelet on the way in and had been wondering "who had ankle bells that sounded just like Dia's?"

Now here's the big finale... Kidlet finished his burger while H and I were still talking and told H he wanted to go. H looked at kidlet and told him, "I'm not ready to leave yet. I'm going to sit here and talk to Mom for a few more minutes."

We laughed that my new interview turned out to be with one of his biggest clients and we shared some gripes about the parking situation there. He complimented my outfit, then I checked my cellphone clock and told him I had to leave for the interview (I had 10 more mins, really, but I wanted to leave first). He said he'd see me when he got home tonight.

Veddy interesting. Now I just have to figure out if I'm staying here or going home for the weekend.

Last edited by Dia; 08/07/09 10:13 PM.

Dia #1815006 08/08/09 12:06 AM
G
G
Dia,

Sounds like it is going well. Keep going.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
Dia #1815008 08/08/09 12:10 AM
C
C
Quote:
Veddy interesting. Now I just have to figure out if I'm staying here or going home for the weekend.

Doesn't the mysterious Dia have some very interesting weekend plans she needs to get back for?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
Coach #1815020 08/08/09 12:42 AM
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yes, Dia does - but the drive is 4-5 hrs each way plus gas and Dia lives on $800/month. *wince*

I may still pull out tonight once rush hour subsides, however.

Dia #1815049 08/08/09 01:42 AM
T
T
Pull out, even if you have to find a cheap motel and not go all the way home. I know its hard on the 800, but this way you aren't right there. Or, stay and be nearly invisible. You can always find a good book to read at the library.

Last edited by The Wifey; 08/08/09 01:43 AM.

Me 45, H 46, S 23, M 26, Together 30, Bomb 6-2-08,
S 6-19-08; H left 12-29-08. H home 12-09, Still MLC in 2012!
Me- I have my big girl panties on. Bring it.

The Wifey #1815060 08/08/09 01:56 AM
D
Dia Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hmmm, my plan was to leave after dinner. We just got into the most lovely round of sexual banter, however. Wow.

If he asks me directly to stay, I will stay. If not, I'll go. As for why, if I leave - and thereby reject him - when he asks directly for the first time, he may well not ask again and that's not fear talking, that's experience. Otherwise, I'll make him miss me. wink

Last edited by Dia; 08/08/09 02:05 AM.

Dia #1815098 08/08/09 03:08 AM
T
T
So, did he ask?

Me 45, H 46, S 23, M 26, Together 30, Bomb 6-2-08,
S 6-19-08; H left 12-29-08. H home 12-09, Still MLC in 2012!
Me- I have my big girl panties on. Bring it.

Page 21 of 132 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 131 132

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard