Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
K
So glad to see you here again even though I know it is not under the circumstances you would like. Maybe the layoff is a blessing in disguise...time to move away from what you know. Change like that is difficult and scary to say the least but you can always go back. Moving forward is the hard part.

Drop by when you can, to say I have missed you in an understatement.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
WCW Offline
W
Howdy lodo!

I 2nd what kat said! grin

It seems like your xw doesn't want to stay attached to you but she doesn't want to let you go either.

Keeping yourself out there usually presents opportunities when you're least looking. Embrace and Enjoy!

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
WCW #1808630 07/26/09 07:34 PM
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
hey kat & wcw

if I'm not here, i'm always in the other spot.

No, XW doesn't seem willing to give me up completely, but I think that's her style. I think she needs to feel like she isn't at fault and the D was good all the way around, and so she wants to be friends and co-workers. What she hasn't picked up on yet is that I'm always asking her questions and she's always talking about herself - I don't share anything anymore.

but who cares about her. I'm trying to move forward but it seems like I should be getting more out of the stuff I do. Instead it feels like I'm just going through the motions. Like there's a hole in me that can't be filled. That's why I feel stuck.

oh well - thanks for stopping by. lodo

Divorced: 10/26/08
K
K
Hey lodo,
Have you tried DBms Anonimums? Gosh, we keep coming back here, arent we? In fact, some of us never left frown

Everything turns out OK in the end, if it is not ok, then it is not the end yet. My new moto. True about everything, including job situation... I always thought you were a famous writer compiling lost receipes and writing books... Oh well, can I have some of your fine Merlot please?
xxx
K

Things will be fine.

Last edited by Kalni; 07/26/09 09:00 PM.

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hey Special K!

yep - back for more. Well, it's good to chat with people who know.

I like your motto; I might have to adopt it myself. But you've forgotten ... merlot? I'm more of a Syrah kinda guy. Besides, isn't this your coffee time?

Hey was just thinking of you yesterday, since you = Greece to me. Saw a very cool pic of the Panagiotis shipwrecked on Zakynthos island.

G
G
Saw your recent biking photos. She, I mean they, were stunning. Who, I mean where, was that?

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
K
K
ROFLMAO!! smile

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
just a friend, you guys, just a friend.

Not much new to report, other than XW invited me over for drinks and to discuss some work stuff. It'll be the first time I've set foot in our house in over a year. But I really do feel like I'm the bigger person and have banished all thoughts of our past life from my mind. I may turn it into something that needs to be commented on here, but I feel nothing. I suppose that's the best that can be imagined; that couples who co-parent children try really hard to reach this kind of comfortable impasse.

Something tells me that isn't the case with XW and that I need to watch my step with her, but I'm not sure. She's so good at burying her feelings, I doubt she knows why she wants to maintain a connection with me. But she seems to want to maintain a connection. As long as it keeps some money rolling in, I'm happy for the work. I doubt she can be very satisfied with the conversations, though, since I give very little of myself and at some point she's going to realize she only talks about herself. Maybe not.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well - enjoy these last weeks of summer before fall rears its inevitable head.

lodo

K
K
Fall? Are you kidding? My vacation hasnt started yet!! I have to go check her out- oops, them, I mean.
xxx
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
L
lodo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
small update for what it's worth

went over to XW's. It was fine. Strange - she's so much more set in her ways than she ever used to be. Not sure why she wants to maintain a relationship, but she seems to want to. Me, I don't care one way or the other. Another odd thing - the last few times we've gotten together, she seems to need to make a point of saying something about how we're no longer together - either by mentioning someone didn't know we'd split or saying she did something herself that she used to rely on me for, etc. - not sure why. But, I couldn't read her mind when we were married, why should I be able to read it now?

It left me feeling sub-par, though. She seems to have it all together, to have tons of friends, to be succeeding. I feel isolated, am laid off, feel like a failure. On the other hand, I know she has a problem forming deep relationships, so I'd like to think she's all show and no substance. But why compare? Our lives are totally separate now. I just need to worry about myself.

But I think about all the sitches I've read here, and my own sitch. There are so many of us who've stood for our marriages and taken the subsequent blows. Is that so wrong? Were we just being doormats? I don't know anymore. But I did read a good essay in today's NYT about standing for your marriage:

EDITED - PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION is NOT ALLOWED. You must comply with the DivorceBusting.com Board Rules if you would like to continue the privilege of posting here.

One thing I've realized - I'm fine with being alone but I'm scared of not being a success in a creative career. I don't care anymore whether my XW or someone like her rejects me because I'm not on a fast-track management position. I want to create. But that desire is so strong, I'm scared to do it for fear of failing. Well, no more. I'm going to pursue it. And when my severance package runs out, I'll re-evaluate. If I can't make it, so be it - I'll go back to working for someone else. But maybe this is the push I need to stop being a doormat.

I have to ask, though - is standing for your marriage being a doormat? Read the article and you tell me.

NMMNG,
lodo

Last edited by Tia; 08/27/09 06:39 AM.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard