Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22
M
M
Thank you for responding.
I have read the page and unfortunately the one local to me is not until Oct... Based on all of the dynamics it would not work for me to wait that long. So I am expecting to drive down to Tampa for the August one... The website really gives no information other than the date for the weekend it is held..what I was wondering was what time on Friday do they start and what time on Sunday do they end. I can t wait until 2 weeks before the date to book flights etc. I thought maybe they followed the same schedule each time?

Last edited by MaryEL; 07/17/09 12:43 AM.

M - 45 1st marriage H - 45 2nd M -T - 14 yrs M - 13 yrs
S - due to job location since 1/08
B - 7/6/2009 EA revealed -9/3/2009 began 6/09 E/A end 9/09
piercing: since 10/09 long distance
S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
OK, Tampa one I know. It's starts Friday night at 7:30 and ends by 5:00 on Sunday. There should be an email address for the contact person on the website. Yes, it is the same schedule each time.

S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
On the Retrouvaille.org website, when you check out the weekend dates, if you click on "more info" it gives you the contact info for the Tampa group. We have a few different locations that we use for the weekends, so I don't know yet where this one will be held. But I am usually there to greet people.

M
M
Thank you.. and do you know where it is held? I wasnt sure if you have a specific retreat place in Tampa or if you do it at a different place each time.

I did receive a generic email thanking me for the pre registration on Tuesday and I sent an email back to the address it for the volunteers asking for this information. I understand that they are buzy and this is volunteer work, but I must admit I have been impatiently waiting for an answer. that would be because my H has stated he wants a divorce and wants me out of the house by the time he comes back from out of state in October... I have gotten him to agree to come to this, but he is sure that he is done... I must admit I am putting all of my eggs in the basket of that weekend!! so I thank you very much for all of the info you can provide on the wheres and whens so I can alleviate my anxiety.

The site has alot of soothing information and I am looking forward to the experience. However basic information is not there..It would be great if there was a section that gives you information on location (address?), time, attire recommended etc smile .. any thing you can share on these items and other would be greatly appreciated!

M
M
Sorry, I was working on my note when you did yours smile
Do you know when they will determine which facility they will be at.. but actually it is not as important as my other questions and also me actually being completely registered.. Ok, I am hearing you in my ear saying .. calm down and breathe... my anxiety is in the fact that I have absolutely no control or vote in what he wants or feels, we are not even living in the same place due to his job. so I guess being able to coordinate this will make me feel like I was able to do Something instead of being depressed and non functional each day ... Thank you

S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Mary,

The registration people will contact you before the weekend, and will ask to speak to each of you to be sure that you both agree to go. So I hope that he will continue to say that he is willingly going. I really don't know where it will be held in August, and I probably won't find out until a couple of weeks before the event. They will probably tell you before they tell me. The 2 locations that are usually used are within Tampa itself, both on the grounds of Church retreats. They are very conducive to a contemplative weekend. My husband and I had a very good experience at a Tampa Retrouvaille weekend. I hope that you will too.

D
D
Hi Sara
Doc

And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know
M
M
Sara,
thank you for your time smile I look forward to meeting you.

I looked up the ST P Diocese and found it on the Lutz calendar.. So that was good !! it also had a 6pm start and a 5 pm end time noted.

I am looking at the flights, as he will have to go back to Maine on sunday. I am finding a 5:00 pm flight.. but assume we will need to leave around 3:30 to get him to the airport timely.

Is there alot that goes on during the last few hours of the weekend? Do you think this time will be ok to leave?

Again, thank you!

S
Sara Offline OP
OP Offline
S
If you leave at 3:30, it should be alright.

M
M
Sara,
thank you for your time. he has decided that he does not want to go. as he lives in another state,due to his job.. there really is nothing I can do...

Page 13 of 22 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard