Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
T
T
hi sweet sis

your mention of slow fade being played bugs me a bit

it reminded me that my Live Casting Crowns CD/DVD that I adore is MIA. Jewel case is around but discs are missing ...if only I put crap back where they belong.

let's see, I will add that to the ever growing list of things on the--- "What the hell did I do with that list"

keys, jackets, more keys, cd's. I hope I don't ever get old or I am going to have real problems smile

gotta go pray on whether or not to give my blessing to my darling having additional surgery scheduled for tomorrow to correct bad scarring and lack of healing from previous surgical incision. She asked me if I thought it was a good idea so I told her I would speak to the Lord about it. I think she was ready to cancel it herself but wanted my opinion. She is afraid it might lead to more infection. More lost time from work would = no more job.

praying for ya.

Ted

debut thread
Tomato #1798638 07/10/09 07:34 PM
F
F
Quote:
Tonight, right after the kids and I finished doing prayers (where D9 has taken to thanking God for her Daddy being home and restoring our family-positive affirmation) Slow Fade came on and then While I'm Waiting--back to back. D9 looked up and said, God, you are so awesome. What a great warrior she is.

SMW,

As usual you sound great! I am glad that you are not getting sucked into the drama of DH's antics. He is coming back to you....albeit slowly...but, we know who is in control anyway, right? The only bit of "advice" I want to share is that I think the talk of filing can be harmful. I believe you are far better off to maintain the stance you have been taking which is to let God handle the timing. If HE tells you to file, well then I would march right on down!

Praising God Daily, Remaining "FaithfulH"
Me: 62
W: 62
D:33 S:30 & 31
Married: 40 Years
BD: Sep 2006
Piecing: May 2007
2nd BD: May 2014
Working On It: Today
A
A
Hi SMW.

I've read your posts a lot, and you are a strong lady! Just wonderin'...have you ever heard this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYqogpLpC5Q

Give it a minute...it'll come up.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
FaithfulH #1798650 07/10/09 07:46 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: FaithfulH
Quote:
Tonight, right after the kids and I finished doing prayers (where D9 has taken to thanking God for her Daddy being home and restoring our family-positive affirmation) Slow Fade came on and then While I'm Waiting--back to back. D9 looked up and said, God, you are so awesome. What a great warrior she is.

SMW,

As usual you sound great! I am glad that you are not getting sucked into the drama of DH's antics. He is coming back to you....albeit slowly...but, we know who is in control anyway, right? The only bit of "advice" I want to share is that I think the talk of filing can be harmful. I believe you are far better off to maintain the stance you have been taking which is to let God handle the timing. If HE tells you to file, well then I would march right on down!

As a rule, I do not discuss filing--it was a comment made in passing by a friend. I certainly NEVER discuss it with DH!

I am glad you see some movement, as I do not--but then again, I guess when yo are in the thick of things you rarely do. I am trusting in God to take care of things in his time.

DH has taken another step toward separating things--assuming all of the debt on a joint credit card and having me removed from it. He did not even have the nerve to tell me, I found out when I went in to make a payment on it from using it to go to my cousin's wedding. It was the first time I have used it at all since he left. Whatever. Now all of the debt on it is his. The bank assured me I am no longer legally responsible for it.

I am prepared for the possibility that things may have to end completely before restoration can occur, but I certainly hope that is not God's plan. I do not want to put my kids through that.

I will calmly discuss the way DH handled the credit card on Sunday evening. It was cowardly and I could speculate on lots of reasons why he did it--mostly that he wanted to use it for while OW is here and there was not enough available, but honestly, does it really matter? It is done and I cannot change it. I continue to move forward and know that I serve a mighty God who is completely in control.

Living God's blessings with grace and dignity~
SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

antlers #1798655 07/10/09 07:49 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: antlers
Hi SMW.

I've read your posts a lot, and you are a strong lady! Just wonderin'...have you ever heard this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYqogpLpC5Q

Give it a minute...it'll come up.

Antlers--

Aww, thank you for the positive affirmation. I don't know about strong, but I am stubborn and fear the Lord too much to step out in any way that would disappoint Him. While I know His grace is limitless, even His chosen people faced retribution for turning their backs to Him.

I love that song and had not thought ti add it to my youtube arsenal. Now it is , so thank you again!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

F
F
Quote:
I will calmly discuss the way DH handled the credit card on Sunday evening. It was cowardly and I could speculate on lots of reasons why he did it--mostly that he wanted to use it for while OW is here and there was not enough available, but honestly, does it really matter?

SMW,

You know the answer...it DOESN'T matter. One suggestion...assume you do NOT understand his motives. If you feel led to approach him about it, I would start this conversation acting AS IF he has a good reason to do what he did.

Praising God Daily, Remaining "FaithfulH"
Me: 62
W: 62
D:33 S:30 & 31
Married: 40 Years
BD: Sep 2006
Piecing: May 2007
2nd BD: May 2014
Working On It: Today
FaithfulH #1798664 07/10/09 07:59 PM
S
OP Offline
S
FH--

I know it doesn't matter and his choices are his to own not mine. Like I said, it was not that he did it, it is the way he did it that irks me. It is like a child getting mad and taking his toys and going home rather than sharing or playing by the rules.

Oh, I plan to approach it rationally. I am going to tell him that I had logged in to schedule a payment on the account (completely true) and was unable to access it. Then I will ask why he felt it was necessary to be so secretive about closing me out of the account. We can only hope that he remains rational while discussing it with me.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

P
P
Originally Posted By: StrgMarvelousWmn

DH has taken another step toward separating things--assuming all of the debt on a joint credit card and having me removed from it. He did not even have the nerve to tell me, I found out when I went in to make a payment on it from using it to go to my cousin's wedding. It was the first time I have used it at all since he left. Whatever. Now all of the debt on it is his.

May be, but he would STILL be accountable for ALL of the spending on it should you two ever get to the legal stage. There will need to be full, joint disclosures -- in detail -- and anything he spends on there that is frivolous will be seen as "squandering marital assets."

So if he thinks he's going to "hide" gifts for OW on there, he's going to be sorely disappointed.

Puppy

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Originally Posted By: StrgMarvelousWmn

DH has taken another step toward separating things--assuming all of the debt on a joint credit card and having me removed from it. He did not even have the nerve to tell me, I found out when I went in to make a payment on it from using it to go to my cousin's wedding. It was the first time I have used it at all since he left. Whatever. Now all of the debt on it is his.

May be, but he would STILL be accountable for ALL of the spending on it should you two ever get to the legal stage. There will need to be full, joint disclosures -- in detail -- and anything he spends on there that is frivolous will be seen as "squandering marital assets."

So if he thinks he's going to "hide" gifts for OW on there, he's going to be sorely disappointed.

Puppy

Pup--

Yeah, I am taking Family Law and Divorce Mediation this term, so I have more in my arsenal, as far as knowledge goes, right now. I had emailed my prof about it (she is a practicing attorney) and she was able to give me clearer direction to finding applicable state laws. Oftentimes, I really think he forgets what he is paying for me to go to school for!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

P
P