Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
P
P
SMW,

Saw the big Puppy Light in the sky and thought I'd drop by.

As a sales manager by profession, I usually am guiding salespeople to different behaviors, improvements, doing things differently, etc., to maximize their performance. But sometimes, the advice I have for them is "I see you doing all the right things. You just have to keep on doing them for awhile longer."

SMW, I see you doing all the right things. You just have to keep on doing them for awhile longer.

I'm not sure why God's timetable for you is what it is right now, or what lesson He is trying to get you (or your husband, or both) to learn. But I have learned that you have to be careful what you pray for, because He WILL try to teach you the harder (but more lasting) lesson.

I think that's where you are.

Puppy

P
P
"Higher Ways" -- Steven Curtis Chapman

Higher Ways
Steven Curtis Chapman

If I could only fly
I'd go up and look down from the sky
So I could see the bigger picture
And Lord if I could sit with You
At Your feet for an hour or two
I'm sure I'd ask too many questions
'Cause there's so much going on down here
That I must confess I just don't understand

BRIDGE
But I have prayed
And at your feet my whole life has been laid
So I wont worry I wont be afraid
'Cause my soul is resting on Your higher ways
Let the road ahead become unclear
I am Yours so what have I to fear
If my soul is resting on Your higher ways

CHORUS
Your higher ways teach me to trust You
Your higher ways are not like mine
Your higher ways are the ways of the Father
Hiding His children in His love

BRIDGE
So let it rain
And if my eyes grow dim with tears of pain
This hope I have will not be washed away
'Cause my soul is resting on Your higher ways

Someday I will fly and
Maybe then You will take me aside
And show me the bigger picture
But until I'm with You
I'll be here with a heart that is true
And a soul that's resting on
Your higher ways

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you Puppy! I talked with Hoosier last night, too, and she said essentially the same thing. Thank you. I just needed some affirmation. Even this Strong Marvelous Woman has days where I feel kind of weak and not so marvelous.

Apparently, the fight has been brought to my field. I am of the impression that SHE WHO WILL NOT BE NAMED is coming to town today. DH told me last night that he would not be over today, as he has "a friend" coming to town. I said, "oh your HS friend that you told me about?" DH: "No, he is coming Friday, it is another friend." However, he still intends to come see the kids on Wednesday and Thursday. WTH??? Who does he think he is fooling? It took everything in me not to say, "friend? Don't you mean your F'n whore?" But, I did not. I continued with what I was doing.

Well, Good. Let her see what it feels like to share on my territory for a change.

When I woke up this morning, after a night of tears and prayers, affirming to God that I believe in his promise of restoration, but begging for some guidance through the pain, I was given a devotional reading about letting go with love, a devotional celebrating the 22 year anniversary of remarriage for a previously divorced couple, an answer to the Puppy signal, and a Scripture that I have taken deep to heart as more affirmation from God.

Acts 15:16 "'After this I will return and rebuild David's fallen tent. Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it"

David, the Bible's most prominent adulterer, rebuilt and restored. As will my marriage, in God's perfect time.

Thank you Father for Your continued grace and mercy, for Your unfailing love and guidance at times I feel to weak and broken to go on. Thank you for lifting me up, for holding me close, and for setting my feet back to the path of Your will, while whispering, "I AM here, do not lose heart." I continue to stand on Your words and Your promises, knowing that "God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" (Numbers 23:19). Thank you Father for the gift of your precious Son Jesus, who took my sins upon his blameless flesh and for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that I might discern your ways. I offer thanks through the power Your Son gives us to approach Your throne, In Jesus' name, Amen

Living God's blessings with grace and dignity~
SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

T
T
hey you!!

I am smiling perhaps bright enuf to be seen in VA beach ...LOL

debut thread
Tomato #1796213 07/07/09 01:35 PM
S
OP Offline
S
{{{{{TED}}}}}

I have missed you but saw that househunting is occurring in your neck of the woods! Outstanding! God is so faithful!! I feel the warmth of your smile here, my devoted friend!

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

K
K
SMW

God's got you covered!

I agree with SP re the book.

Can't keep a good woman down
Tomato #1796222 07/07/09 01:39 PM
T
T
and geez now I am about to drop a couple tears.

you're killing me ...'hon'!!!

i thinks us guys make a common association of a flood of emotions with death. hah ha ha.

a good many of us only have to encounter that stuff just in the midst of a funeral afterall.

it is all too wierd ....well not too wierd for me. I perpetuate the furtherance of weird. i do it well ...well that is for others to know

I am bearing with you as we learn our vital lessons. smile

debut thread
P
P
AMEN. I am praying in agreement with you, SMW.

S
S
You see these comments? This is why you need to GAL-yourself out "your" story. People need to hear it.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: SmileysPerson
SMW -- you might recall that I'm writing The Great American Divorce book. Or at least a snarky, Smiley's Person-like version of it.

And as you know, Smiley's Person is not a man of faith. But I am a man who can be inspired (though perhaps "is inspir-able" is a better, if grammatically incorrect, construction).

And here's what Smiley's Person thinks: SMW should write a book, published by a Christian publishing house, on being a Strong Marvelous -- and Christian -- Woman coping with divorce.

I'm very serious about that. Much of it -- certainly the book proposal -- could simply be cleaned-up (grammar, spelling, etc.) past posts. Nearly every publisher has a link on the web where writer's guidelines, proposal requirements, etc., can be found, and the easiest strategy would simply be to hie yourself down to your local Christian bookstore and write down the names of the companies that seem to publish the most in "your" field (i.e., family and marriage) -- or, if you've read as much as you seem to have done, simply look at the books on your shelves.

One writer to (another) -- I think it would be the ultimate GAL. You have a lot to offer and not only to the Maximally Heathenic like Smiley's Person wink -- it's obvious in your fellow Christians' responses to your posts.

That's what I think anyway.

Smiley--

Your continued support of my stand, particularly given your non-religious leanings, is much appreciated. I am grateful to be able to advance, in what ever small way I can, the cause of My Father's Kingdom and His always available gift of salvation and grace to those who seek His face.

The book idea is niggling in the back of my mind (like I do not have enough to do already!) but until I finish my Bachelor's in October, the free time to apply myself is not readily available. Maybe i will do some research on publishing houses and then bookmark it for that time to explore further.

SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

every circumstance.

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis