Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
S
OP Offline
S
Well well - look who's here! And both of us using aliases. You've got nearly as many posts as me - HA!

I started watching these shows when I knew I might end up dating again. It had been so long I wanted to see what people did on dates. And I got hooked
I liked Kip from the first show and still do but thought his family was a bit much. Never noticed Reid until last week but I think he he charming and sweet. Wes is awful. He isn't even nice to her. I really think she's been TOLD to keep him on. Its kind of like she's drawn to him BECAUSE he is nice. Which is kind of what we saw here on DB often. And then there's Ed. I just really think he is hot. I hope she ends up with him I guess.

Well, it is so nice to see you. A lot of us still chat daily on Face Book. Are you there? You can find me there. Last name start's with Barbie's boyfriend's name. Ends with yeres. Hope that's ok to post.

So, how about an update...

Barb

K
K
Oh Ed is hot hot hot hot! lol

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

B
B
Ed, really, you think? I'm not so sure. Maybe we will get to see a little more about him this week.

I agree about Kypton, Barb, but yes, think that family might have taken me back a little bit if I had been in her shoes. I was pretty impressed with how she handled that part at least.

Not sure why she's so drawn to Wes...even without all the drama swirling around him, he's just kinda gross to me. I mean think about it, she thought she was in love with Jason and now she's crazy about this guy. They couldn't be further apart.

Barb, my update, ah well, not much to report really. Out of the blue, I was offered a job, in another state, and took it. Sounded like a good opportunity and brought me closer to my parents. Sold my farm and moved. Miss my friends in GA, and my little place, but have met lots of wonderful new friends in my new location. I love being closer to home, and the job has proven to be very challenging and rewarding, and a great learning experience. It can also be stressful at times, and requires a lot of travel to NYC, which was kind of cool at first, but is now kind of a drudge.

All in all, I love this new life and I would never go back. Pedro did me a tremendous favor. With the benefit of hindsight, I see how much I gave up to cater to his needs, most of which truly couldn't be met. I don't say that with regret because I loved him, and being with him gave me many gifts, not the least of which is a wonderful relationship with his son, which continues to this day. But, in the end, his choice allowed me to do some things with my life that I probably would never have done otherwise, and I am better for it.

As a dear, wise friend said to me yesterday, it's all about choices. We can't often choose or control what happens to us, but we can choose how we react. In the face of what Pedro did, I chose to live my life. I have learned about doing that from so many others here, like you, who chose to do the same.

besos,
BA

S
OP Offline
S
Hey Annie,

Just noticed my typo in last post - think maybe she is drawn to Wes because he is a badboy type - because she has to work for it. But still - he is scruffy and unscrutable (is that a word?) UGH!

I'm so glad you found your pot of gold. You are so right - it was the same when my son got sick. I did not CHOOSE to live the kind of life I got with Ryan - but I CHOSE to make the best of it. Same with the divorce - never my choice but what choice did I have? Curl up and die or forge ahead in strange, uncharted territory and try to be strong. I LOVE strong people who do their best. Like you!

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Please pray for my dad. He was rushed to hospital and it appears he has had a stroke. I am so very upset as I am not with him. I am waiting word on his condition and will head home from the cottage as soon as I know. My sister was with him and now I got my brother to go. I'm always there for dad so I feel so helpless right now.

Barb

B
B
Hey, Barb, will definitely say prayers. I am so sorry. My dad had a stroke four years ago and survived. He lost some function but overall he is good; we were blessed. Will pray for a good outcome for your dad. So many things are possible. Have faith.

BA

Barb,

I am so truly sorry to hear this. I said a prayer. May God bless and heal your Dad completely!!

I hate that you're going through this. He is so loved and cherished and love is the most powerful energy on earth. He IS surrounded by love and healing energy.

Stay strong. Stay positive.

Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Fingers crossed!!

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Annie and Summer,

Well our prayers are being answered. They have confirmed a stroke but it appears to be small and on the left side. It is affecting his writing (can't sign his name) and some other motor skills. He is verbal and cognitive though and did come home. He cannot drive for at least a month and needs family with him 24/7. He did joke a bit with me even though he was extremely tired.

I am relieved and grateful. It could have been SO much worse.

Barb

K
K
So glad to hear this B, that he is going to be ok! You are right, good news, he will be ok. My ex MIL and grandmas both had minor stokes and seemed pretty well not long after

((( Sunfun and her dad )))

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Hallelujah!!! That is wonderful news!!

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard