Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30
V
OP Offline
V
Looooooong weekend...But very very fun. My friends wouldn't let me be alone all weekend I'm not depressed or anything but they thought I should be out. Friday night after work went to this country bar, stayed way too long, 2:30am, I too old for that smile.

Saturday some of my consultants had a cookout, they rent a house on a big lake here and have boats and jet skis, was out there all day and most of the night, tons of people there.

I had to leave a message for W, on Saturday, that I didn't have her parents number so I could call the kids. She was with them but her cell doesn't get good reception up there sometimes so I left it on her home phone. She called Sunday while I was playing golf to give me the number and she just sounded so down.

Few hours later I texted her thanks for the number, not five minutes later she called. She just wanted to say hi, ect...Then she says "I guess we should talk on this week, I don't want to do this(could barely here this) , but I guess we have too". I say ok. She then says well I guess I'll let you go, she sounds so "down" or "defeated"...I say ok...Her what are you doing...Just some reports for work but mostly watching TV, I'm a little tired...Why?...Told her everything I did this weekend, she sounded even more down...Sort of made me feel bad I don't want to hurt her...

So I guess tomorrow night we are going to talk...yippee frown

Kassie I still owe you that post, I will do it promise...

Me:40
W: 39
T: 17 years
M: 15 years
S-9
D-6
D final 11/10/2009

"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems."

S
S
Glad you got out and had a fun weekend. Really glad your W saw that too!

Just keep on GALing. She is going to do what she will do regardless. No need to feel bad, not like you did anything horrible. You had fun. Nothing to feel bad about!

Me: 46 FWS: 36
Married and Divorced 4/07, Pregnant 7/07,False R 7/07
Baby Girl born 3/08
Kicked him out because OW: 7/08
5/10 He realized what he had and lost.
Moved home! REMARRIED 3/14/11!!
V
OP Offline
V
This was probably one of the most fun weekends I've had for a long time...But I'm too old to do it again, I'm dragging today...:)

As for the W I feel bad but I keep telling myself I did everything I could and if she feels like she can't try, that's on her. That's the most frustrating part in all of this that she never really tried, as in doing the things our MC's told us we needed to do.

S-9
D-6
D final 11/10/2009

"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems."

G
G
Originally Posted By: volleydog
This was probably one of the most fun weekends I've had for a long time...But I'm too old to do it again, I'm dragging today...:)

a) Good for you, b) C'mon! Man up! laugh

Originally Posted By: volleydog
That's the most frustrating part in all of this that she never really tried, as in doing the things our MC's told us we needed to do.

Yep, yep, yep. That's my sitch. Sometimes feel like she gave me a wake-up call and when I responded, she said "Too late".
No trying on my wife's part.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

S
S
Hey...I would love to have a weekend like that and I am older than you! smile

This may be a good dose of reality for your wife. If you D, you certainly will not be sitting around.

Baby Girl born 3/08
K
K
Good to hear you having fun! Very much needed right now - it gives one a better perspective on life and other important and not so important things. Sounds like it did some magic... you didn't take responsibility for her choices.

Me late 50's
M 9/06
D 4/11

V
OP Offline
V
So about one hour till me and W sit down and try and divide up almost 20 years together...I'm not nervous but not sure I want to do it anymore, but I'm pretty sure it's the right thing. Funny thing is I know it will go well when we're together working on things we always made a good team, we just haven't done that in almost two years.

S-9
D-6
D final 11/10/2009

S
S
(((VD)))

Hang in there. Do your best. We will be thinking of you.

Baby Girl born 3/08
K
K
((( V)))

Checking in and hoping things go as needed and you are both ok.

Hoping for the best.Thinking of you.

Me late 50's
M 9/06
D 4/11

V
OP Offline
V
Well it went pretty much how I expected...we went out to dinner it was fun but neither of us ate much. Went back to her place agreed on everything as far as the kids and everything nonfinancial. Got to the money and things got tense she makes much much more than me mostly because I moved around for her for her career...she started blaming me and I put an end to it and said it's time for me to go if that's where she's going to go...we decided to go to our L figure out what's fair fr the pov of the other spouse.

S-9
D-6
D final 11/10/2009

Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard