Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
K
kissak Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ha! I have found a way to break my daughters nail biting habit!!! She has alway biten her nails...ever since she had teeth I think! For her bday she wanted her nails done at a salon...well they painted them up real pretty! even did some airbrushing on them! short as they were!! Well after 2 weeks she was surprised to see they had grown! She didnt want to mess up the pretty artwork and has totally stopped biting her nails!!! I told her to keep it up and I would take her again to get them done!!

Now if we can work on the hair problem like that!

Kissak

"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." Psalms 56:3
M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Came and went too MANY times!
Gone again 10-25-10
M
M
YEAH!!! Funny kissak...that's exactly how I broke my own nail biting habit. I bit my nails from the age of 3 until just last year. Funny that I broke that habit right at the time my stress level went through the roof.....weird.

Yep, gotta work on the hair now. I wonder what you could do.........hmmmmmm.......

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
kissak Offline OP
OP Offline
K
If you come up with an idea let me know! I have tried getting her hair extensions in the beginning, but they got pulled out! So...Im trying to get her interested in locks of love....her cousin is doing that...but my daughter then told me that she is the one that needs the hair from them. SO, dont think that will work....but gonna try. I thought if she thought she could help another child by growing her hair to give to them, she wouldnt pull it out.

Kissak

M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Gone again 10-25-10
K
kissak Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hello everyone...Im having a pretty good morning even though I was running late to work....good thing Im the boss!

The kids ended up staying off last night with my sister...so I had the house to myself!! Use to in the beginning I hated being alone, now I rather enjoy it occasionally!

This weekend the kids will be with their dad and I will be going out with a friend, then meeting a new friend for lunch on Saturday....ok, its a guy i met on an online dating site about 10 months ago! We have become good friends, just have never met. We have both discussed that neither of us are ready to date, for different reasons and he knows all about my sitch. So, we have decided to met for lunch one day.

This guy was divorced about 10 years ago...he said he regrets it because he filed out of anger. Now he sees that if he had waited, they probably could have worked on things. I feel sad for him and wonder if that will be what its like for my H one day if he never comes back home.

Im just feeling so blessed today! I wish I could spread my blessings around to everyone on here. The day is what you make of it!!

Kissak

M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Gone again 10-25-10
Kissak,

What you don't see is that you did spread blessings just by posting. You sound so upbeat, so refreshed. Your vacay must have done the trick. Reading your post brought a smile to my face because I can feel your joy through your words.

Have a lovely day today and a great time @ lunch this weekend.

Keep smiling. It is most definitely contagious.
*hugs*
~ swl

Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear. {Henry Wadsworth Longfellow}
K
kissak Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thank you swl...always good to hear from you!!

I think partly i am feeling good because lately i see on peoples threads where I use to be and where I am now is 2 completely different stages of what has happened to me. I remember needing to come here every day just to get help through the day! I felt lost and hopeless. Now, all I can say is that it DOES get easier with TIME! No matter what you are going through. I think I can speak from experience since my H has come back sooooo many times and left me again.

It does get easier. The pain does get easier to deal with and after awhile, you realize that only you can live your life and make it either miserable or great!

I have been focusing more on my health lately. I have lost about 13 pounds over the past 2 months! Im feeling good and yes I did enjoy my vaca....matter of fact, Im going back without the kids next month!! Im really excited about that!!!!

I still have my down times when I really miss my H...but, i know thats just normal. Ill be fine.

Last edited by kissak; 06/25/09 05:50 PM.

Kissak

M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Gone again 10-25-10
K
kissak Offline OP
OP Offline
K
ok...so today didnt start out the best it could have.

Let me back up to last night! I went out with a girl friend of mine. All we did was go shopping and out to eat. My H picked up the kids and didnt ask anything about what I was doing.

Last night he texted me a few times commenting that I must be busy or something and that he would stop bothering me...he didnt though.

Well, a few days ago I told him that I had plans for today...didnt tell him what plans, other than I was going to the next town, about an hour away. I told him that I could watch the kids for him to work, but would need him to be back by 11 or 12 to get them. But that I would rather he ask his parents to watch them. Because I didnt want to be too late leaving. (It is his weekend btw with the kids). He said ok.

Well, this morning, he texts me his usual "goodmorning". I texted back. He asked what I was doing and if i was up yet. Then went on to say "i guess you are getting a late start leaving anyway". I replyed yes that I wasnt trying to rush and that I was only leaving about 30 min late. Waiting on clothes to dry.

THEN all heck breaks loose.

This is how it goes....he texted me "thank you"

I said "for what"

He said "dont worry about it"

Basically I asked him what was wrong, if he was having a bad day or something and he said "nope"

Ok, so I know he is pissed or something at me now.

BUT all he kept saying was "dont worry about it"

I preceed to tell him that he is acting very immature and just trying to ruin my day...

He replyed that he was not trying to ruin my day and that he was not acting immature. AND That I made such a big deal on leaving by a certain time this morning and that he had to ask his parents to watch the kids, if I didnt wanna watch them i should have just said so and that the topic was over!!!

OH, I did something I shouldnt have done, but I called him.

I was furious! I asked what his problem was. Basically he said that I made a big production out of leaving early today....which I DID NOT!!

I told him that I Always watch the kids for him when needed....he agreed....I said that his parents NEVER watch our kids....he agreed.

SO, I asked what on earth was the big deal!!!

OH....maybe I just overreacted he said. Then he tells me he is sorry. DONT WORRY ABOUT IT! AND for me to have a good time today and drive safe.

confused

ok....was he ticked that I didnt wanna watch the kids?(not true).

Was he mad because he had to ask his parents to watch them? NO cuz if that was the case, he would have acted mad last night.

Was he angry that I just wouldnt watch them? WHICH I told him i would.

OR do you just think he was angry that he didnt have any control over me and decided to use his best weapon at me for the day....guilt?

Well, it worked.

Basically I told him to tell the kids I love them and good bye.

I havent heard from him alllll day after that!

Which was good cuz I was having lunch with a guy that i met online!!!! grin

Anybody got any insight on his reaction???? DO you think he is scared he is losing control of me? Really I dont see the problem. I mean, his parents were watching the kids...there was no problem here.

Kissak

M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Gone again 10-25-10
Kissak,

Does it really matter? You know full well he likes to do whatever he can to get to you. He obviously accomplished that this morning, didn't he? Once he said *don't worry about it* you should have just let it go. You don't owe him anything, girl. The sooner you accept that as your truth the better off you will be.

Now on to more important things. How was lunch?

*hugs*
~ swl

Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear. {Henry Wadsworth Longfellow}
K
kissak Offline OP
OP Offline
K
ugh! Thanks swl...he does get to me. I dont like for anyone to be upset or anything with me...especially when I didnt do a durn thing!!!!

I think he knows thats the button to push with me. "dont worry about it"

Ok..so anyway, Lunch was good! Things went well. I like this guy because he leads the conversation, there was never any silent moments! Werent really going for a romantic meet and great kinda thing! lol, just as friends of course. But he was nice. and most importantly....he acted like a mature grown up! SOmeone i could have a real conversation with.

Dont know if it will ever be anything more than friends, but who knows? It was nice and I would do it again.

Kissak

M-37 H-37
S-10, D-15
M- 1993
First bomb- 12/23/06
Gone again 10-25-10
Quote:
Don't know if it will ever be anything more than friends, but who knows? It was nice and I would do it again.
One can never have too many friends. There is no rush to make it anything more than friends. Just enjoy the time you spend together. Having lunch with a grown-up is fun, isn't it?

You know your H will bug you until you cave. You have to be the one break that routine. You have to make yourself aware of his manipulative lines and just don't respond to them any further. How he feels is his to own, not yours. You can do this. You have grown so much in the past year it is just wonderful.

~ swl

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard